Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jizz

Pistols should spawn w/Magazines {POLL ADDED}

Should Pistols spawn w/Magazines attached?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pistols spawn with magazines attached? (Not necessarily 100% of the time)

• Yes - fully loaded
    • Yes - random load
    • Yes - always empty
    • No, under no circumstances

Let me tell you a tale of a police station full of pistols, where all the magazines were 5 miles away at an airbase...

I won't actually tell you a tale, but I will put this little absurdity into perspective.

I understand that there are plenty of scenarios where a pistol might be found without its magazine.  Perhaps in a home, where the owner had kids, or maybe a gun shop or ... actually, I'm having trouble coming up with examples.  The fact of the matter is that any guns that we find, strictly from a game-plot perspective would have been dropped or left by people in the throes of a zombie apocalypse.  Hopefully we can all accept that.  Furthermore, most of the places we find pistols are where one might expect: emergency service facilities, police stations, military bases, etc.. all places where the people who once used them would have no reason to carry them unloaded, or at least not stripped of their mag.

I propose that pistols should predominantly spawn with a magazine attached.  If you really think about it, finding a pistol without a magazine isn't much different from finding one without a slide rail.  The degree to which that magazine is loaded is irrelevant.  Even if found empty, it would be a huge improvement over traipsing around the map looking for a magazine that had no business not being attached to the gun in the first place.

From a balancing perspective, I believe the pistols are sufficiently nerfed for PVP that pistols found with mags attached wouldn't dramatically change gameplay; perhaps allowing pistols to take their rightful place as the commonly seen weapon among new spawns and veteran characters alike. In the presence of supersonic zombies, new spawns should have a higher likelihood of securing a ready-to-use pistol from an early stage, also allowing them an earlier opportunity to defend themselves from bandits and KoSers alike.

EDITED: POLL added March 27th

Edited by Mr Jizz
  • Like 24

I second that. It's just plain stupid to spawn them w/o mags, where as if it were rifles (expecially military ones) it's actually quite likely (so there is no need to change that).

Oh god please no. This is ain't some ZombZ DayZ now. xD

Agreed. They come with mags when purchased and there is no logical reason for them to not be included from a real world scenario - outside of a different part of the same facility. I do think many should be empty of ammo though.

That name and avatar are just.....wow....

Edited by makomachine
  • Like 4

Agree completely, pistols definitely need to spawn w/ a mag most of the time (im totally against any ammo but a mag seems logical)

Let me tell you a tale of a police station full of pistols, where all the magazines were 5 miles away at an airbase...

and i'd like to take a minute, just sit right there

i'll tell ya all how i became the prince of a town called bel air

I've always thought this.

I'm more interested to hear the counter argument, since I've never seen one that made any sense.

wtf does this even mean?

On the DayZ Overwatch ZombZ servers, every single gun spawned with 5 magazines, 100% of the time. Which was really stupid.

Edit: To be more "simple" and clear, even just the idea of one magazine is a no-no in my book. :P

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

but seriously OP has a point here

unless every person stole the mags out of every gun they left behind in buildings before getting turned into zombies before we get there

there should be some pistols, nay, a majority of pistols, with empty, half or even full magazines!

If anything, I'm keeping the issue at the forefront.  I did a quick search and the alternative topics I found seemed touch on more than just this issue.  People need to get better with topic tags... That second link you posted used "Guns" "Rarity" "Ammo" ... makes it a little hard to locate an existing thread on a topic about "Magazines"  :)

Once ammo becomes much more scarce, then I say yes; pistols should more likely than not spawn with a mag

On the DayZ Overwatch ZombZ servers, every single gun spawned with 5 magazines, 100% of the time. Which was really stupid.

Edit: To be more "simple" and clear, even just the idea of one magazine is a no-no in my book. :P

I'd love to hear the counter argument.

I agree

You agree with OP or SGTHornet?

Uh_wtf_gif.gif

• Like 2

an empty mag is a good idea, or at least not a full one, if it was dropped, shots most probably would have been fired from the weapon

• Like 1

I'd love to hear the counter argument.

You agree with OP or SGTHornet?

I don't have a "intelligent" counter argument for your opinion. I am just putting my outlook on your suggestion. 

Classy-Christmas-gif-the-office-19676364

I have yet to find a magazine for any of the new guns (except for one amphibia mag I picked up from a guy I shot). I find this a bit strange, since usually ammo and mags for new guns have increased spawning rate for testing purposes. I've found lots of ammo but no mags. All the police stations seems only to spawn m4 mags, and the firestations doesn't contain any either, though there's lots of the new pistols there.

I have yet to find a magazine for any of the new guns (except for one amphibia mag I picked up from a guy I shot). I find this a bit strange, since usually ammo and mags for new guns have increased spawning rate for testing purposes. I've found lots of ammo but no mags. All the police stations seems only to spawn m4 mags, and the firestations doesn't contain any either, though there's lots of the new pistols there.

I actually found a 1911 *and* a c9whatchamajigger (9mm one) mag in an unlooted firestation earlier. None of the guns though!  :emptycan:

If anything, I'm keeping the issue at the forefront.    :)

Incorrect,  if your proposition is not quite the same as those linked, you should have entered the conversation with your ideas.

The fact remains that multiple Topics will disappear while a regularly updated and much debated subject will draw the attention of the Devs.

This is fact, it does not mean that the Devs will follow the idea but it will at least be brought to their attention and they will be aware of its existence.

Moved to the correct Forum section.

• Like 1

They desperately need to either increase pistol mag spawn rate, or do as OP suggested. Empty mags though.

Currently i can find easily 100+ M4A1 magazines before i find a SINGLE amphibia/1911/CR75. thing is actually dont have a problem finding FNX magazines...