Forrelist

Pistol Magazines

Just a small problem I have with how pistols currently are.

As the games stands just now, it is much easier to find any of the rifles and ammo than it is to find a pistol and matching magazine. It gets to the stage where you always just take a magnum when you see it , and leave behind the FNX or .22 pistol because you probably aren't going to find the magazine, or live to obtain one.

I find it unlikely that pistols in storage wouldn't come with even an empty magazine attached. I understand for balance purposes that it should be harder to get weapons, but currently, pistols aside from the magnum are just something that are not as easy to get going as a rifle or the shotgun, when it should probably be the other way around.

TL:DR; Pistols should maybe sometimes come with their corresponding magazine when you find them, it is much easier to get a rifle of any kind than a pistol + its magazine + the right ammo

• Like 16

The M1911 mags are spawning all over, post-patch.

But yes, I've only ever found two FNX mags.

Personally, I think we should be finding more empty mags (with both rifles and pistols) than full ones. Or at least half full/empty magazines. As it stands now, I rarely if ever pick up a raw box of ammo or loose rounds. I've always been able to find clean and full magazines for the majority of my weapons.

The M1911 mags are spawning all over, post-patch.

But yes, I've only ever found two FNX mags.

Personally, I think we should be finding more empty mags (with both rifles and pistols) than full ones. Or at least half full/empty magazines. As it stands now, I rarely if ever pick up a raw box of ammo or loose rounds. I've always been able to find clean and full magazines for the majority of my weapons.

Good point. I've only found the CR75 Magazine once however, and I have been playing stable and experimental both on 0.42 for a while. Never even seen the magazine for the .22 Silenced

Played a bit on the new stable patch earlier today. In roughly 2 hours I found two .22 Amphibians, an FNX, two CZ's, two 1911's and FINALLY a CZ mag, so I kept the CZ. lol. Had quite the pistol collection until I finally found a mag. Pistols also seem too common in barracks. One (1 story) barracks I entered in Zelenogorsk had 3 pistols in it  :o (plus more in the other barracks)

But of course it's all WIP.

• Like 1

I've found numerous mags for the FNX,have even had up to four at one time.

There more common to find on airfields more than military bases IMHO

I don't know a single person that stores there pistols without the magazines in them...Nuff said. Fix this please...

I'll find a M4 with a dual mag in half the time it takes to find the Pistol, Magazine, Rounds...

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 7

I believe this has already been suggested, but it's still a very valid suggestion and would make pistols more useful in the game. Right now there rarely is a moment where you use a pistol as you can always find a rifle + ammo somewhere close by. Also as we know they are planning to reduce military loot, so pistols are likely to become more useful / mainstream sometime in the next builds.

Yea, finding a pistol with a fitting magazine is pretty unlikely at the moment. Which is quite weird, since pistols and civilian weapons are supposed to be the backbone of the players' arsenal.

I get the hunch it might actually be easier to find an m4 + mag than an fnx and it's magazine :D

I get the hunch it might actually be easier to find an m4 + mag than an fnx and it's magazine :D

This pretty much my feeling too :(

Yea, finding a pistol with a fitting magazine is pretty unlikely at the moment. Which is quite weird, since pistols and civilian weapons are supposed to be the backbone of the players' arsenal.

Yup, I found no less than 5 m4s(hundreds of rounds of ammo) while searching for, and finding, only 1 .22 pistol and 2 mags for it.

On a side note, start calling all magazines "clips", and watch your weapon savy friends get furious.

I've been around guns since birth, and certainly know my terminology, but my Canadian friends say "clips" in TS and the rest of the clan goes bananas.

It was made worse when I yelled "toss ms an SKS mag" as a joke, and one dude went ballistic.

Military bases has no trouble spawning mags, thats for sure. Within ten minutes of playing yesterday on stable I not only killed a guy, took his 1911 and a mag, but in one of the prisons of NEAF there was a mag on the bed. I certainly dont say no to that!

If you want magazines then you gotta server hop Balota or NWAF, basically big military loot zones.

On a side note, start calling all magazines "clips", and watch your weapon savy friends get furious.

I've been around guns since birth, and certainly know my terminology, but my Canadian friends say "clips" in TS and the rest of the clan goes bananas.

It was made worse when I yelled "toss ms an SKS mag" as a joke, and one dude went ballistic.

Mag / clip nazis need to give it a rest for the rest of the gaming world. I own many firearms - that kind of correction is semi appropriate in the context of RL, but many gamers have never even handled a firearm. No need in going all aggro on people as an intro to real world gun ownership. Counter productive....

• Like 2

I find enough magazines in my quick spawn run that I never need to hop a server just to find one. 1911 mags are common as anything in the camo jail buildings. FNX mags in fire stations. CZ/22 mags in any mil building.

I normally have an SKS, too much ammo and a pistol with a few clips within an hour of spawning.

Edited by The_Monk

Yes, OP, I agree completely.

It's really weird how tons of people in Chernarus own ammo without owning any guns, own guns with no magazines for them, or own guns but no ammo for them.

• Like 2

Yes, OP, I agree completely.

It's really weird how tons of people in Chernarus own ammo without owning any guns, own guns with no magazines for them, or own guns but no ammo for them.

Yes! I mean come on. I only live in a part of the world where Guns are prohibited, but I don't think owners in other countries would just leave loads of pistols with no magazines attached. And if they did , they should probably be sitting around nearby? :/

Breathe.... aaaaallllpppphhhhaaaaaaa.

You realise this isn't Reddit right? the mods delete non constructive 'It's Alpha' posts

Think of it this way, someone owned that gun you just found on the floor besides that suspicious blood stain.

There is a reason they don't have it in their hands right now. You're going to struggle to find mags with guns.

1b6c1_ORIG-unless_you_a_zombie_thumb.jpg

That's why I have 3 pistols, one is a magnum; I am greedy as fuck in the zombie apocalypse.

• Like 1

Mag / clip nazis need to give it a rest for the rest of the gaming world. I own many firearms - that kind of correction is semi appropriate in the context of RL, but many gamers have never even handled a firearm. No need in going all aggro on people as an intro to real world gun ownership. Counter productive....

I was just making a fun post about what I observe and the levels of crazy I've seen people get over something minor.

I might correct someone a few times, but never in anger and I let it go as, as you said, not everyone lives in a place where you're tripping over guns on the way to the grocery store.

• Like 1

Think of it this way, someone owned that gun you just found on the floor besides that suspicious blood stain.

There is a reason they don't have it in their hands right now. You're going to struggle to find mags with guns.

1b6c1_ORIG-unless_you_a_zombie_thumb.jpg

Last time I checked, empty magazines don't disappear once you are killed by a zombie.... Definitely think empty magazine should be included with most gun finds.

Last time I checked, empty magazines don't disappear once you are killed by a zombie.... Definitely think empty magazine should be included with most gun finds.

I believe his argument is that that whoever owned the gun previously is now dead, and is a zed walking around with the magazine still on them. In this case Zombies should be dropping loot, or failing that pistols should come with magazines attached.