smthistle

m4 is really inaccurate.

is it me or for the life of me I cant hit crap with the m4 with any sight attachment at all if its farther than 50 yards away. it seems as if the bullets hit randomly around the front sight and I can never land a clean hit on a zombie 300-400 m away like I could hit anything in arma2dayz. this seems really unacceptable, the bullets land way too random and im not out of breath or fatigued at all. the zeroing seems pointless cause u can never hit anything 300m out if your life depended on it.

• Like 5

I noticed that today as well. Would be better off using an axe.

• Like 1

Question: was every gun-part in pristine condition? And the m4 is an assault rifle. Not a long range weapon.

• Like 2

maybe try firing some more shots

or use the MN

+get pristine parts

Edited by Wookieenoob

An untrained dude with an M4 in his hands won't hit shit. Sorry to burst the bubble. Unfortunately movies and COD has ruined most people's sense of understanding on how difficult it is to shoot a rifle when tired, on the move, from unsupported or non-traditional shooting positions. Keep.

• Like 9

I was using every part pristine, and it just dosent fire accurate at all, say perhaps I know I could hit some zombie 300m away that's not moving at all, it would be impossible now and would just hit far far left instead of being able to fire a single round to the head. that's not possible anymore, I feel its unrealisticly inaccurate now. talking about this with no exhaustion whatsoever. its completely different from arma2dayz and I think it has been changed far far too much.

An untrained dude with an M4 in his hands won't hit shit. Sorry to burst the bubble. Unfortunately movies and COD has ruined most people's sense of understanding on how difficult it is to shoot a rifle when tired, on the move, from unsupported or non-traditional shooting positions. Keep.

but not everyone is untrained, i know how to shoot and have shot many m4a1's with full size 16inch barrels with small handgrips. m4's are nor really far different from a full size m16 cause it can still have a full sized barrel and smaller handgrips. 50 yards away standing is not hard at all. 300m standing is completely do able to a man sized target, a headshot i can understand but not being unable to make a body shot?!?! and to talk about ingame, i was prone trying to do this. so nevermind i cant do it even prone?! not even a 100m away target? it just seems a little too inaccurate. anyone who disagrees is kind of insane. 

• Like 14

Meh, I've been in combat and seen what trained grunts do under fire. If you are just a bro who picked up this M4 you would probably do worse, but prone at 100 yards on a body shouldn't be a stretch when calm. Maybe it could use some tweaking. I just hope it isn't the ultra breezy way the mod was where I could be jogging across the countryside, stop for a split second and headshot at 150m no problems.

• Like 2

is it me or for the life of me I cant hit crap with the m4 with any sight attachment at all if its farther than 50 yards away. it seems as if the bullets hit randomly around the front sight and I can never land a clean hit on a zombie 300-400 m away like I could hit anything in arma2dayz. this seems really unacceptable, the bullets land way too random and im not out of breath or fatigued at all. the zeroing seems pointless cause u can never hit anything 300m out if your life depended on it.

Effective range of an M4A1 is 200m for a single shooter on a point target.

Infantry, Kill!

• Like 1

Really, because some guy just tried KOSing me with a mosin. I was not sure where he was, so I picked a spot, where he could only approach me from one direction and waited him out. Within 2 mins he came looking. He managed to get one shot off before my M4 burst cut him down. Annoyingly, his one shot, hit and now my character won't stop moaning and my screen is all blurry, I tried food, drink, resting and even eating the vitamins that I took off his dead body.

Really, because some guy just tried KOSing me with a mosin. I was not sure where he was, so I picked a spot, where he could only approach me from one direction and waited him out. Within 2 mins he came looking. He managed to get one shot off before my M4 burst cut him down. Annoyingly, his one shot, hit and now my character won't stop moaning and my screen is all blurry, I tried food, drink, resting and even eating the vitamins that I took off his dead body.

So in real life you think you can get shot by a 7.62 round eat some chips, drink a soda, down some vitamins and expect to be healed?

• Like 3

Meh, I've been in combat and seen what trained grunts do under fire. If you are just a bro who picked up this M4 you would probably do worse, but prone at 100 yards on a body shouldn't be a stretch when calm. Maybe it could use some tweaking. I just hope it isn't the ultra breezy way the mod was where I could be jogging across the countryside, stop for a split second and headshot at 150m no problems.

I agree with the last part... but when I'm sitting a bush, zeroed at 100m, shooting at a zombie 90-110m away using a full pristine M4 with ACOG, the bullet should not impact the equivalence of 1.5 mildots above where I'm aiming.

• Like 3

So in real life you think you can get shot by a 7.62 round eat some chips, drink a soda, down some vitamins and expect to be healed?

No, but I do in a game. Well, not exactly. I was kind of explaining what I had done, in the hopes someone might share they're knowledge. I realize, I need to find blood bags and a IV to heal myself fully. However if I can't see, because my character is half blind and I need to walk 20Km in the hope I get to a hospital, that hasn't been raided. I was hoping eating and drinking my ease the blurriness of the shock my character is going through. But instead I get you, reminding me about a real life fact, about an in-game problem, clap clap well done thanks for that.

Edited by -seraphine-
  • Like 1

The effective recorded range for a base model M4A1 is 500m if I'm not mistaken.

Every other weekend, I participate in AR-15 competitions, and even though I'm not being shot at, having 30+ other people firing next to you doesn't give you the best environment to concentrate on shots. In a 10 round mag, I have hit 3/10 in the 9 ring and less @ 300m with iron sights. I just tested the M4 in Game just a few minutes ago at 300m and the grouping is nothing to what it should be. The M4 was praised for it's accuracy irl and the game kinda shoots it down.

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 3

I love it when people don't know what they are talking about, and say it like they do, and relate the bs they say that they claim they know irl, should be the equivalent in a game. ITS A GAME and the hyper realism idea is destroying dayz. prone I can hit point target 500m fine, standing 300m at the most. Know this cause I qualified expert in the usmc from bootcamp in paris island. sick of the internet heroes claiming irl and trying to say the game is too, or they are some weekend warrior at the civilian indoor gunrange or some retarded crap. just stop please. the game is half retarded with the accuracy on the m4a1 and that's about it. plain and simple.

• Like 1

Yyyyeah, well the character we play ain't exactly civilian either. Do every man on the street know how to repair and fly a heli?

I heard the m4 shoots more accurately with iron sights. Either that, or damaged components sends the bullets flying like "wa'eva, i'll do what I want!"

i have always been using ironsights with pristine only condition parts, so idfk what they did to the accuracy. its rediculous...

I find it funny how the Mosin from 1932 is apparently FORTY times more accurate than the M4. :rolleyes:

I find it funny how the Mosin from 1932 is apparently FORTY times more accurate than the M4. :rolleyes:

Could be because bolt action rifles are accurate, the Mosin-Nagant (atleast the M28) is quite known for being accurate.

mby wrong bullets/mags?

in the dayz mod you could use suppressor ammunition in a non-suppressor weapon. that was very inaccurate.

Edited by kiwi12

I've had this problem when in crouched and prone position, when stood up it seemed ok.

Now I have no ammo left to see if it's so.

I believe it is a known issue.