Mao Zedong

Accuracy of the guns and balota military spawns

Anyone else find the guns' accuracy completely awful??? Especially the pistol.. I did some test shots with each gun and they seem to be way off the reticles.

Also, I got a novy spawn!!! They put it in :,D

Oh, and I think balota needs to be toned waaaaay down in terms of military loot. 3 barracks, camo building, atc tower, and 2 hangers + military tents? All within 5 mins of walking? Seems like way too much to me.

• Like 4

Anyone else find the guns' accuracy completely awful??? Especially the pistol.. I did some test shots with each gun and they seem to be way off the reticles.

Oh, and I think balota needs to be toned waaaaay down in terms of military loot. 3 barracks, camo building, atc tower, and 2 hangers + military tents? All within 5 mins of walking? Seems like way too much to me.

Yeah...there's no real need to go north if Balota is as good as it gets.

Yes the accuracy of the M4 particularly is way off. Can't hit a zombie at 100 meters as the bullet seems to veer off way to the left or right. 

Agreed about Balota. Especially after server restarts.

Edit: Might want to see if the accuracy thing is on the bugtracker.  It doesn't seem to be. Do you have any footage OP?

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 2

I checked, and default accuracy of the M4 is terrible!

dispersion = 0.1;

For comparison, in ArmA 2

dispersion = 0.00175;

That's accuracy of 6 MOA in ArmA 2, but... 344 MOA in DayZ.

Ehhh, I'm questioning whether I even have this right, because that's just... unbelievable. :lol:

Someone with all the infos (thanks Gews) post it in the Bug Tracker. Also some footage would do great. :P

• Like 1

Someone with all the infos (thanks Gews) post it in the Bug Tracker. Also some footage would do great. :P

I can get footage but it's kind of a lot of work cause i'm lazy :P What is the footage needed of, and what for?

I haven't been to Balota more than once, but I noticed there's some barracks there.

I think the bigger issue is two-fold.

One, being that they've stayed with barracks as high-guarantee centralized loot locations for high-end loot. Rather than going with a more widespread distribution of high-end loot, but a lower overall chance of finding it in, say, a house.

The second issue is that, with the first one in mind, they've added more barracks overall. They're all over the place now, I've found them at (If you don't want to spoil the locations, look away...)

- Dichina

- Zelenogorsk

- Woods East of Pavlovo

God knows where else they put them. This might not be a good setup.

Edited by Katana67

You're probably using a damaged / broken sight / scope. I'm guessing the stock / grip would affect the recoil etc too.

I think being inaccurate is fine if you're not using a completely pristine weapon. If you are, well then I guess you could assume that the survivors themselves are untrained civilians and wouldn't know how to shoot properly...

You're probably using a damaged / broken sight / scope. I'm guessing the stock / grip would affect the recoil etc too.

I think being inaccurate is fine if you're not using a completely pristine weapon. If you are, well then I guess you could assume that the survivors themselves are untrained civilians and wouldn't know how to shoot properly...

No, everything was perfect (looted nwaf for 2 hours by myself...) 

I can shoot better than that and i'm a civilian... Plus they are all pro marathon runners that run at olympic sprinter speeds... it's a video game. Shouldn't be that inaccurate,

That actually is a bug, not intended. :)

That actually is a bug, not intended. :)

Seriously? I knew the first one was a bug, but this time?? really? xD

No, everything was perfect (looted nwaf for 2 hours by myself...) 

I can shoot better than that and i'm a civilian... Plus they are all pro marathon runners that run at olympic sprinter speeds... it's a video game. Shouldn't be that inaccurate,

You raise some valid points...

Maybe they've done it to force combat to be at closer ranges? Not sure sorry...

Seriously? I knew the first one was a bug, but this time?? really? xD

If it's intended, and not just a still present bug, I think it's a great nod to the mod.

Yeah...there's no real need to go north if Balota is as good as it gets.

NWAF now has, in addition to it's old buildings, a military camp with more tents than balota, and another military spawn north of it.

also, because everyone is whoring out balota atm, nobody goes to NWAF, you can just cherry pick all the pristine items.

Has anyone noticed that your weapon sway is much less in SA than Mod.  Maybe they increased the dispersion of the weapon to compensate for the lack of weapon sway.  Personally I would like more sway and less dispersion.  Maybe that is how accurate the gun actually is though, I have no knowledge on the subject though

I just noticed today that everyone and his mom are at Balota airfield. It's an absolute fuckfest.

It's even worse than Mod NWAF, because Balota is even more THICK with people. It's great!

My M4 was in pristine condition every part and still was very inaccurate just at 100-300 meters away...