coolidge (DayZ)

Weapon Inaccuracy

Hey guys couldn't find any older thread on this but why are weapons so damn inaccurate? Bullets just go flying all over the place when aiming down site if it's more than 10+ yards away.

I've currently got a tricked out M4a1 all parts pristine including the bullets so the bullets shouldn't go flying all over the place then should they? Is this how it's intended to be or is it just maybe bugged? Feels like if my gun was worn or damaged it might act like that but not when pristine. Other than that I'm Loving the game immensely and can't wait to see what they add next.

• Like 2

My ma4a1 is in a good quality and my shots are very accurate, maybe your weapon is badly damaged that you aren't able to shoot precise

Are you spraying? I found little bursts to be accurate enough when playing with a tricked out M4 last night but I wasn't shooting over long distances.

if you go down  on one knee whilst aiming should be a lot accurate, having said that i have not noticed any inaccuracy on my m4 and some of it is damaged still able to pick off targets or zombies at 100m+ plus it also helps to rest a bit before firing

I have an M4 with some worn parts on it and I can still hit targets with it form some distance. Also, according to the control scheme, if you hold mouse 2 it's suppose to make you hold your breath and help steady your aim.

My ma4a1 is in a good quality and my shots are very accurate, maybe your weapon is badly damaged that you aren't able to shoot precise

Yeah its all pristine as mentioned in the above post which is why i find it wierd. Also heard it from loads of other friends that I play with. Can't speak for the weapon body itself cause you can't check the condition of it same as with the pistol.

Are you spraying? I found little bursts to be accurate enough when playing with a tricked out M4 last night but I wasn't shooting over long distances.

Controlled bursts is what i use.

if you go down  on one knee whilst aiming should be a lot accurate, having said that i have not noticed any inaccuracy on my m4 and some of it is damaged still able to pick off targets or zombies at 100m+ plus it also helps to rest a bit before firing

Tried all the diffrent stances and holding my breath and all that its nothing like that. I picked a target roughly 100ish yards away y-day to try the diffrent stances with an ACOG scope, I hadn't been running it was right after a server restart and I could clearly see that as I shot the bullets were going all over the place randomly. So could it be the weapon body itself? Because as I mentioned handguard, scope, buttstock, magazine & bullets are all pristine.

Mosin dispersion = 0.0025. Crappy milsurp-like.
M4 dispersion = 0.1000. Brown Bess musket-like.

There lies your answer. Supposedly the stocks affect it but I haven't checked.

Mosin dispersion = 0.0025. Crappy milsurp-like.

M4 dispersion = 0.1000. Brown Bess musket-like.

There lies your answer. Supposedly the stocks affect it but I haven't checked.

Well none the less it feels way off it shouldn't disperse like it does imo they dont in real life. Means you hafto be within 10-20ish yards to be able to kill a player and even then alot of the shots are missing.

Edited by coolidge

I like that the weapons arent shooting dead on accurate.

It shows that these weapons have not been maintained and are not in the best condition.

It will also make firefights fun.

• Like 2

Well none the less it feels way off it shouldn't disperse like it does imo they dont in real life. Means you hafto be within 10-20ish yards to be able to kill a player and even then alot of the shots are missing.

Everything else tries to be realistic, so why would they stop at weapons? It should be realistic.

Everything else tries to be realistic, so why would they stop at weapons? It should be realistic.

Bullets going up, down, left & right is realistic for a weapon in pristine condition? I expect bullet drop off after a certain distance but not within 50 yards or less which isn't even what it is the bullets just go all over the place even firing a single shot or controlled burst. The bullet impact is often quite abit off target.

The weapon body itself is probably in bad condition. It doesn't show it, but I have looted weapons (one off someone I shot, another off the ground) that literally would not fire. It did not list them as ruined or broken, but when I attempted to fire (with clip/bullets in pristine conditions) it clicked as if there were no bullets loaded. Try to find a new m4 and try again.

Definitely agree that the weapon body (not attachments) was probably damaged, I've noticed this with some guns and others seem 10x more accurate.

The weapon body itself is probably in bad condition. It doesn't show it, but I have looted weapons (one off someone I shot, another off the ground) that literally would not fire. It did not list them as ruined or broken, but when I attempted to fire (with clip/bullets in pristine conditions) it clicked as if there were no bullets loaded. Try to find a new m4 and try again.

Definitely agree that the weapon body (not attachments) was probably damaged, I've noticed this with some guns and others seem 10x more accurate.

I think there correct i believe guns are working as designed and merely the status of the gun is bugged not showing you how bad off the gun is...

I have encountered  loaded guns that did not work at all ( pulled 357 of a body and loaded it with pristine bullets i had found in a house and click nothing at all.)

Have done a little test firing with a mossin and when i did it again my results didnt really match up one seemed more acurate than the other. ( i am no expert at running tests and maybe one day my aim was off but i dont think so lol )

Some dude already made a nice post here on forums.

He found out, that weapons are rather innacurate, but if you equip them with better parts (MP handguard and buttstock), they suddenly become very accurate.

Same with Mosin, equip it with pristine bipod, deploy, go prone and that thing changes into M24 sniper rifle (with scope ofc).

Not sure that is a good way to handle weapon accuracy though, since things like handguard & stock should probably just reduce sway &   recoil, not make weapon accurate.

Mosin my friend. 

I'd rather carry that than an M4. 

One shot beats 6. <3 

Accuracy may have something to do with an angle that you aim.

What I mean is that I was killing newspawns in Kamyshovo with mosin and I could hit them nice and clean when they were running on the street from 100-400 meters.

But when they started to run away on the hill and I aimed on this hill from the road, meaning I lifted my mosin up, the bullets were hitting randomly, far left and right from place where I was aiming, even on distance ~100 meters.

Another situation.

I climbed up on suicide tower in Solnichniy and when I was aiming my mosin down from the tower it also lost a lot of accuracy but less then when I was aiming in up hill.

Yeah its all pristine as mentioned in the above post which is why i find it wierd. Also heard it from loads of other friends that I play with. Can't speak for the weapon body itself cause you can't check the condition of it same as with the pistol.

Controlled bursts is what i use.

Tried all the diffrent stances and holding my breath and all that its nothing like that. I picked a target roughly 100ish yards away y-day to try the diffrent stances with an ACOG scope, I hadn't been running it was right after a server restart and I could clearly see that as I shot the bullets were going all over the place randomly. So could it be the weapon body itself? Because as I mentioned handguard, scope, buttstock, magazine & bullets are all pristine.

Did you zero the rifle?  The ACOG sets it to 200m as soon as it is on.

EDIT:  Weapons do get damaged too... not sure about the rifles on peoples backs, but pistols do when the clothing/backpack the person is wearing gets shot to hell.  Found this out when someone killed me and I got my gear back after they combat logged to my buddy.

Edited by ThePieKing

I picked a target roughly 100ish yards away y-day to try the diffrent stances with an ACOG scope [...]

Did you zero the rifle?  The ACOG sets it to 200m as soon as it is on.

Irrelevant at that range. The trajectory is flat enough that a 200m setting will also work fine for 100m.

Hi.

I probably haven't used the m4 enough to judge, but it doesn't really seem that bad to me, unless people are trying to use it as a sniper?

For easy testing I joined an empty server and shot a few zeds and used some trees for targets. With the m68 optics I had absolutely no troubles headshotting zeds at ranges of about 150 - 250 meters, and I was able to easily hit tree trunks from further out than that.

My tests were done in single shot mode, both crouched & prone, with pristine optics, pristine mp grip and a worn mp buttstock.

I could only see it being easier with the acog, but unfortunately, I'm yet to find a pristine one.

Obviously if your game is to snipe people a 1/2km+ away then the m4 isn't for you. But if you can't hit your target under 200 meters, either your equipment is broken(they really need to show the damage level on weapons) or your just doing it wrong(especially the people who say they cant hit targets 20 meters away, I went into cherno during nighttime and 1 shot every zed that came at me).

Regards.

My tests were done... with... mp grip and... mp buttstock

Eeeyup.

Now try it again without [a] Magpul parts or a bipod.

Hi.

I don't have a bipod, but the 1st time I had an M4 it was stock with pristine oe parts including iron sights.

While I never tried any ranged shots, it was easy to 1 shot agro'd zeds and had no problem taking out a player that surprised me close range inside a military building. It's why I don't understand people saying they cant hit things 20 meters away lol.

Of course I run the  ArmA series with the lame-arsed crosshairs off, and in 1st person view I can hip shoot targets further away than that so maybe that's why, I dunno...

Regards.