boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

Just seen the prison island. Man, someone needs to give SenChi a lapdance for that jewel!

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 5

Well, I started playing but within about 8 minutes Battleye went titsup or something and I got kicked.

What's the issue there, I imagine it's intrusive as fuck, so does it spar with the AV or something and that causes it's failure, or is it network issues?

Yeah, it's been that way for ages. Just give the BE folder exemption and it will improve by leaps and bounds.

Question. When the exp updates are working, will they push that one into stable just then or will the entire stable patch have to wait until all smaller exp ones are done and working?

Question. When the exp updates are working, will they push that one into stable just then or will the entire stable patch have to wait until all smaller exp ones are done and working?

From what Brian told us in the last status report, 0.53 will go to stable as soon as they deem it stable enough. Might need a day of testing.

From what Brian told us in the last status report, 0.53 will go to stable as soon as they deem it stable enough. Might need a day of testing.

I thought they meant that they could put out smaller parts of the patch bit by bit if it was working as intended instead of waiting for the entire patch in one block. At least it´s in the pipeline =)

Cannot wait for the logs!

What's with the importing into Arma 3 to get photos of the prison island?

Get over there ingame people I want to see a defence of that bridge.

I managed to gear up with everything except a firearm that matches the ammo I have in about an hour.

When I spawned in I was right above the government building in Novo and felt that this was surely a trap.

As much as I wanted to, I avoided that whole mess and grabbed a raincoat, backpack, and food in some nearby houses before heading out north.

To my surprise, nothing seemed looted from what I could tell but firearms were not spawning near cars as reliably.

Most of the game play was stable except for one long stretch of server DC that ended with a list of players announced as losing connection.

Not a single zombie seen.

Found this.

ARoRPIP.jpg

• Like 3

Skalisty Island has a castle!! I can't wait to share more :)

I had SO MUCH fun playing Experimental tonight! Well worth the wait. Sooooo many new items to play with, I got the chance to explore the new island with the prison AND visit Skalisty Island. To all the people I killed at the prison on UK 0-26: I am not sorry :P

There are also Zucchini seeds now, which is great. Can't wait to try out growing more vegetables. Oh, and the flaregun is fuuuun.

Check out my full thread here. I'll be updating it with pictures that are more up to my standards when I get the opportunity.

7AdUYOF.jpg

s9fNwy1.jpg

• Like 1

Well I really like this update so far , the island in between kamenka and komarovo is pretty awesome .. I got there just as the sun set, unfortunately the damn spiral stairs started to fracture my legs and before I could get down a series of invisible hits from these dastardly steps broke my legs ... Some guy comes up and offers to help, so I follow said deucher, and he randomly hits me in the face with one of those new Lug Wrenches (awesome damage by the way it kills in one to two hits) and before I could curse his mother and his dog he out me down like the dirty dog I was .

Overall , I can't wait to get on tomorrow after work and play for hours :) . Can anyone speculate on the amount of vehicles per server now ? And can anyone say anything about vehicle persistence ?

Loving the new exp build so far.. very nice.  Found some nice, new goodies so far.

I am having trouble streaming to Twitch with the exp build however.. anyone else?  I'm using OBS btw.

I am having trouble streaming to Twitch with the exp build however.. anyone else?  I'm using OBS btw.

Got that tweet from Brian?

• Like 1

Got that tweet from Brian?

Nice.. I just saw this shortly after posting.  lol.   Thanks for the heads up tho bud.

I have/will removed large image posts that are not wrapped in spoiler tags.

(highlight the image(s) + 3rd tab from right Special BBCode/select spoiler).

USE SPOILERS...

I haven't played Dayz in a long while, so i wonder is the bug where you'd here random sounds still in existence, or has it been fixed?

My Dayz Exp is crashing the game and Steam after around 15mins, 1st time for me.

Anyone else getting this?.

Could it just be the Exp servers crashing doing this?... :)

Edited by PILLPOPPER

I haven't played Dayz in a long while, so i wonder is the bug where you'd here random sounds still in existence, or has it been fixed?

That bug still exists, at least on stable. Have not tried experimental yet.

Grrr. I got up a little earlier for work in the hopes of some daytime playing and there are only the 3 UK servers up from what I can see. Everything else appears to be either down or "empty" (aka not working). The three that are up are unsurprisingly full.

EDIT: Also 2 US Central servers, both also full.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

To whoever I killed last night on the first-person U.S. central server, speak friendly or die mate. Thanks for all the gear though

Edited by KaiserXI

That sure is a lot of new melee weapons: lug wrench, hay hook, ships oar, broom, ice axe, hatchet, spade, lead pipe and probably some more i forgot. All decent in combat, except for the ships oar and broom which are both rubbish and the hatchet which seems to be bugged in melee, no hits registering.

That new castle is also definitely going to be the new sniperspot for killing freshies. Its got a very good view of the coastal road and anyone running there will be compeltely oblivious that anyone is watching them until it is too late.

Raincoats of all colours. T-shirsts only take up 1 inventory slot. Drinking from fountains and pools seems to be bugged. The new flare, haven't found the flaregun. I haven't visited the new prison either, am I correct in assuming it is somewhere on an island way down in the southwestern corner of the map?

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 2

I love the flare gun, I was standing on a cliff shooting flares off over a railroad station at night, just to see what would happen, I was not disappointed.  Wish I had had some binos and an AKM with a 75rnd magazine, that would have made for some rather badly planned fun.   Are tracer rounds coming?

Oddly, two encounters with actual humans and no one died.  In one the guy just ran right by me.  He had a broom in hand so I guess I could have shot him, but I had a canteen in hand and hate killing for no reason.  Which is bugged, you cannot get water from rain with the canteen, did not try the water bottle.  Confirmed that the fountains and pools are bugged, but you can fill a canteen or water bottle without a bug, Brian had posted that on twitter.

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/560888169357660160

There's plenty of zeds about, I ran into several.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Too many bugs in this release for me. Invisible zombies everywhere, one went through 3 shut doors in one house and that's after it went through doors at 2 other houses. How do they manage to break this all the time?

Half the time I couldn't pick up an item either. Oh well, will wait till they fix.

I love the flare gun, I was standing on a cliff shooting flares off over a railroad station at night, just to see what would happen, I was not disappointed.  Wish I had had some binos and an AKM with a 75rnd magazine, that would have made for some rather badly planned fun.   Are tracer rounds coming?

Oddly, two encounters with actual humans and no one died.  In one the guy just ran right by me.  He had a broom in hand so I guess I could have shot him, but I had a canteen in hand and hate killing for no reason.  Which is bugged, you cannot get water from rain with the canteen, did not try the water bottle.  Confirmed that the fountains and pools are bugged, but you can fill a canteen or water bottle without a bug, Brian had posted that on twitter.

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/560888169357660160

There's plenty of zeds about, I ran into several.

For want of options I was playing on a US server just now as well and it was nighttime there. I would have liked to test out a flare gun as well. It seems that light sources in general can be seen from much farther away than before, at least I noticed one player using his flashlight from quite a distance.

Also it seems you have been lucky with your encounters. I had to kill two relative freshspawns in two separate encounters, as they just ran up to me and began attacking me without bothering with any communication. One with an improvised knife, the other with a machete.  :rolleyes:

The first I dispatched with a couple of blows with my knuckleduster, the second I managed to test out the lead pipe on. It took quite a few blows to knock him out with the lead pipe, but I eventually succeded. Blunt weapons definitely are way more useful in melee than bladed weapons (except for the axes of course). You want some knockout power rather than the ability to cause bleeding.