Sign in to follow this  
Tatanko

Map Changes in 0.53.126348

It's that time again!

This time, my first round of shots is just going to be a placeholder. It's VERY difficult to take good shots of these new places on Experimental right now at night, in the rain, with limited resources. Enjoy what I have for now and I will update this post with new, better pictures as soon as I get the chance :)

PAGE 1: Prison Island & Skalisty Island

PAGE 2: Graveyards at Berezino, Pavlovo, Prigorodki, and Pustoshka

First up, the new Prison Island:

frIRZ6A.jpg

s9fNwy1.jpg

erTWae4.jpg

8sXzLBP.jpg

2JF3NKn.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 18

Next, we have the complete overhaul of Skalisty Island. This includes a castle rival that of Devil's Castle, a complete rearranging of the houses on the island, and even plenty of terrain and vegetation changes to boot. There is also now a road that runs between most places of interest on the island.

TcQ7iCj.jpg

1aKuu0R.jpg

0tsealW.jpg

RHA5LQT.jpg

jj4pCD8.jpg

• Like 13

:o Pretty nifty! I've got some exploring to do it seems! The only thing is the barracks building and the other brick one in the last picture in the first post look a bit out of place. Otherwise awesome!

• Like 1

:o Pretty nifty! I've got some exploring to do it seems! The only thing is the barracks building and the other brick one in the last picture in the first post look a bit out of place. Otherwise awesome!

They don't look as out of place when you see them fully, I promise. There are civilian barracks on the other side of the island as well.

Great Pic's looking forward to trying not to die out there lol

I had to kill two people in the process of exploring the prison, and a third ran off. I met a fourth person right at the edge of the water when I was about to kill myself to hop over to Skalisty quicker; I gave him all my gear and asked him to kill me instead :p There is SO MUCH STUFF at the prison in terms of loot variety. It's well worth the swim, and it's going to cause some interesting shifts in where people loot, the paths they travel, etc. This is going to be especially interesting because of where it is (southwest).

• Like 1

Sweet looking.  I almost thought that bridge was a dam of some sort the way the coastline lined up with it and the water looked different.  Got a little excited there for a moment then I calmed down.

Is your in-game name Tatanko as well?

I found map of SE Chenarus and saw changes on Skalinsky, swim there (lost all my gear), only to find old castle ruins. Amazingly, I survived swim back.

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 1

Tatanko the screen shot champion on the line once again. 

• Like 2

Sweet looking.  I almost thought that bridge was a dam of some sort the way the coastline lined up with it and the water looked different.  Got a little excited there for a moment then I calmed down.

The bridge is quite awesome. It's fairly narrow (but wide enough for vehicles) with huge drops on each side so you tend to check your surroundings before you venture across. It's really two islands, hence the bridge, but they look like one big island kinda.

Is your in-game name Tatanko as well?

I found map of SE Chenarus and saw changes on Skalinsky, swim there (lost all my gear), only to find old castle ruins. Amazingly, I survived swim back.

Yup, I go by Tatanko everywhere :) I had no idea what to expect with Skalisty and was very pleasantly surprised! It appears that they not only added the castle, but made it into a tourist attraction as well.

Tatanko the screen shot champion on the line once again.

You're too kind :p These are not up to my standards really, but it was the best I could do only having a few Exp. servers to choose from. I'll take prettier ones probably when this hits Stable.

I bet all of us are just waiting to get our KOS on in there!

A few additional shots of Skalisty Island from this morning. These are purely intended to show you guys what has changed, especially on the backside of the island where the village was.

yQpVMhN.jpg

kYWjKgV.jpg

CqqzcGa.jpg

PdYF4ui.jpg

0CPkDT1.jpg

ngiaQPl.jpg

• Like 5

Did you or do you still lose most of your gear and backpack on the swim over to the island ? Every time i tried to swim there almost all my gear was dropped in the water. I thought my dry bag would act as a flotation device :)

P.S.  People are still killing each other even in Experimental ?  WTH....There really is no escape from these people is there :(

Edited by LoveAffair

It's glorious, thank you for sharing the pics :beans: .

Thanks! Can't wait to take some fair weather pictures when I'm not starving/dehydrated/hypothermic and really show off the new areas.

Did you or do you still lose most of your gear and backpack on the swim over to the island ? Every time i tried to swim there almost all my gear was dropped in the water. I thought my dry bag would act as a flotation device :)

P.S.  People are still killing each other even in Experimental ?  WTH....There really is no escape from these people is there :(

Your gear can still drop, but if you immediately stop where you are and grab it, you can put it back on. Apparently Hicks would like to see that issue resolved.

Yes, people still kill each other on Experimental unfortunately. I was forced to kill several people at the prison last night (could have seen that coming) and this morning two people tried to attack me on Skalisty, which is a first.

Your gear can still drop, but if you immediately stop where you are and grab it, you can put it back on. Apparently Hicks would like to see that issue resolved.

I tried that but it fell off in really deep water and i couldn't reach it. Guess i'll just hide my stuff in the woods and swim over Nekkie.

I tried that but it fell off in really deep water and i couldn't reach it. Guess i'll just hide my stuff in the woods and swim over Nekkie.

It goes down to the sea floor, but if you swim overtop of it you should be able to see it in your inventory screen. Might take a bit of moving around.

• Like 1

Have you seen the small changes in textures and new additions here and there? It seems that the construction sites had some small changes. (new pipes, textures.)

34yxket.jpg

Can't wait to get back in and do more exploration!

Edit: Appart from the shots you took, I never got the chance to see the updated Skalisty island or the prison complex.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Have you seen the small changes in textures and new additions here and there? It seems that the construction sites had some small changes. (new pipes, textures.)

Can't wait to get back in and do more exploration!

I noticed all sorts of weird things last night, but I could never be sure if it was just me seeing things or if something had actually changed. Good catch!

• Like 1

d5727a2f-d67b-49b9-9749-e475b698886e_zps

It goes down to the sea floor, but if you swim overtop of it you should be able to see it in your inventory screen. Might take a bit of moving around.

• Like 1

Is it only me who doesn't know how to add a pic here? Could someone please help my poor soul

Is it only me who doesn't know how to add a pic here? Could someone please help my poor soul

When you go to make a post, you need to use the "Image" button in the editing tools menu at the top of the text box. It's in the second row, 11th from the left (the little green square with a white outline that looks like an old Polaroid picture). You then paste the URL of the photo from Imgur or Photobucket or wherever you originally uploaded the picture, and it will add it to the post for you.