DemonGroover

Stable - 0.47 Discussion

is there a benchmark from the experimental servers on the time frame of loot re-spawn?

just went back to the server I was testing on.  after an hour the loot wasn't re-spawning .

I downloaded experimental version a few hours before the patch came in and I thought I would have to redownload for Stable... Good thing I didn't!! :)

Just noticed that the respawning time and respwaning area which was fixed in the 0.46 patch I think is back again.... killed a few zombies and instandly they respawned in every direction around me.... never used so much ammo and bandages in such a short period of time.

What I also noticed is that the hitboxes in combination with the inventory is not working as well as it was before... a friend glitched into my aiming area while I was shooting so accidentally I shot him in the shoulder and ALL his gear was instandly ruined.. jacket + items, vest + items, pants + items, backpack + items... even the stuff that was in the "protector" cases and he took only ONE shot in the shoulder.

next thing is: Zeds can still walk through walls but I think only when you locked them out of a building its floor is above the ground outside. And if that happens they can attack and hit you even when they are stucked in the floor (think that is new too).

Maybe I'm wrong but these things are making the game kind of too hard right now... I hope there are some hotfixes coming soon.

And by the way... sorry for my bad english :D

Have a nice day!
CrankD

What I don't get is that the know they have issues when the patch is on experimental (talking about the LMB bug) and they go ahead and put it up to stable anyway.

Zombies are glitched and invincible.

Nyet! they are no tougher than they were. Invincible??? Tell that to the 5  I shot in Kabanino, the 3 I shot at the Triangle Military Base, the  8 I shot in and around Vybor, the 5 I shot at the SW corner barracks area of the NWAF, the 9 I shot at the NW warehouse and Tent City areas of the NWAF , the 6 or 7 I shot in and around Lopatino and the pack of 4 that chased me nearly all the way to End Of The Rail Line NW of Lopatino   This morning.  Popping Zombies for shooting practice is still fine sport.  

What I have noticed is that: there are more Military Zombies and Hoppers around these days with  47.124621, they seem to be more persistent in their pursuit. However its still one shot in the body for civilian female and male Zeds two shots in the body for Military Zeds, and one or sometimes 2 hits on a hopper.  

Note you might be experiencing some Lag/Desync and that can negatively impact hit detection on targets you are trying to erase. I haven't tried it but this might help   http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/163594-how-to-fix-the-high-desync-bug/

Question: Is it just me or is there less 7.62 x 39 in boxes and magazines around with 47.124621? I didn't find a single round this morning in places that normally spawn the stuff that were not previously looted.  

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 3

These "no message received" thing is getting really annoying. Either my connection or server connection or engine problems but this forces me to join other servers and I don't really want to keep joining new servers.

Great patch, very well done. I like very much the new controls. Shift key can be used to speed up in any position even in prone.

Zombies are much much better.

I see that you can no longer click the TAB key when you are speeding. That means that you can no longer reload your weapon while running at full speed unless you slow down for a few seconds, press the tab key and then continue running using shift key. To make the inventory disappear you have to slow donw again (raise the shift key) then press TAB.

While I agree that you can hardly reload a weapon while running at full speed, something here is not quite well because the game allows loading the weapon when speeding but you have to trick the game to let you display the inventory menu.

Another thing, while you hold your weapon raised but not looking through iron sight you have the same slow movement as if you look through iron sight. I strongly recomend to fix this because is not even real, I can move very quickliy with my pistol while pointing toward my enemy (when he's very close) without looking through iron sight. It's called muscle memory.

Here is the video, you have to stop from sprinting to display TAB key menu (inventory)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/205706-here-is-a-gun-fight-with-the-new-zombies-in-dayz-047-stable/

sure I can adapt and use a gun, except with my hardcore character I was purposely playing without using guns.  and enjoying it a lot.

I still use the round robin technique for zombies. Spinning around them as I melee them with whatever I have. We should NOT be able to punch a zombie to death at all. Piercing should be better than blunt and slashing weapons better than piercing weapons. (Besides firearms that is) Standing in front of a zombie...I never do this unless firing at range. With Desync, lag and lack of optimization at this point, standing in front of a zombie will get you hit if not bleeding or worse. 

Any word on weather or not throwing splint issue is fixed?

Yes, we have Trolls now doing this on our server over and over. This needs to seriously be looked at as people have paid for servers and this bug is disrupting them to the point that they are barely playable. People are online on steam with names like 'Resets' etc. with intent to do nothing but troll servers in this manner. It needs to be addressed asap or I would expect complaints of server renters to start flooding in. 

anyone finding .45 ammo outside of magazines? I never did in experimental branch so wondering if its still M.I.A.

im finding 45 ammo just fine. In boxes and in random quantities.

Nice! new patch comes out, persistent backpacks that I've been looking forward to in this patch! NOPE. Fucking buggy. I'm not even surprised :D

Oh look a CZ, I bet it'll be nice with a scope. NOPE.

Nice patch dev team!

Edited by Zedertone

Anyone else having trouble with that stupid mosing sway that was in a few patches ago. I cannot get my scope to stay still for even a fraction of a second, lying prone for 10 minutes and it's still moving about.

• Like 1

Anyone else having trouble with that stupid mosing sway that was in a few patches ago. I cannot get my scope to stay still for even a fraction of a second, lying prone for 10 minutes and it's still moving about.

armfracture?

Anybody else have the problem where every 5-10 seconds for about 3-4 seconde the fps drops to about half?

i had this happen today consistently over about half an hour

• Like 1

Ok, after playing experimetal last night, I was really sceptical, especially with melee.

Melee is not great, but you get used to it. For me it means, I have to aim a little to the left and my hitrate goes up. For my friend...aiming to the right. Maybe we are both wrong and you have to aim ahead? Somehow you get used to it and reach a state where you can melee zeds.

Everything else seems ok, some ppl with weaker pcs say that the performance is worse, I did not really feel a difference. After three hours completely restarting DayZ got rid of some lagging and FPS problems that seemed to slowly get to me.

SPAWNING LOOT has been discussed here concerning if it is in or not. It is in, definitely, tested and saw it.

Now I have an AK101, but I have not shot a single bullet, because I worry about getting ammo...somehow that is not good, especially with the abundance of 7.62x39mm you get from mags AND civilian buildings. I'll probably die without shooting, that's just my luck.

There seem to be more zeds around and they get more annoying again, GREAT!

What I can not say how it is at the coast with the respawning loot, my char was already massively geared from before.I guess that loot spawns with restarts every 4 hours like before, so there is probably even more with adding respawning loot - my guess.

All in all I was really worried after reading that there will be a push to stable today, needlessly so. Melee is really not good but you can work with it.

EDIT: Do you guys get out of breath when running? I think that is currently not active.

Edited by bautschi

Anybody else have the problem where every 5-10 seconds for about 3-4 seconde the fps drops to about half?

i had this happen today consistently over about half an hour

Yeah, im getting this one too, pretty fking annoying.

• Like 1

I still use the round robin technique for zombies. Spinning around them as I melee them with whatever I have. We should NOT be able to punch a zombie to death at all. Piercing should be better than blunt and slashing weapons better than piercing weapons. (Besides firearms that is) Standing in front of a zombie...I never do this unless firing at range. With Desync, lag and lack of optimization at this point, standing in front of a zombie will get you hit if not bleeding or worse. 

why do people assume I stand in front of them?  circling zombies is exactly what I do, every damn time.  this morning doing that became 100% less successful.

These "no message received" thing is getting really annoying. Either my connection or server connection or engine problems but this forces me to join other servers and I don't really want to keep joining new servers.

That's the server restarting. With loot persistence and loot respawn there will be less of this.