Sign in to follow this  
Feralfox

How to fix the high Desync bug!

Hey folks, I'm just passing this information along.

Both me and my friend have been having problems where any server we would log into we could not; equip or use any items, open any doors, or see anything we move around in our inventories or pick up. This problem was originating from high desync and we just now learned how to fix it.

What to do -

1.) Completely exit out of all Steam games you have open.

2.) Go into your Steam Library.

3.) Right click DayZ and go to Properties.

4.) Click on the Local Files tab.

5.) Click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".

6.) Wait for all of the files to be verified, took around 5 minutes for me and my friend.

7.) Log into DayZ and all of your problems should be fixed!

So far only me and a friend that I play with have done this, that I know of, and it has worked for both of us. So anyone else who is having the same problem we had please try this and let people know if it works for you or not!

Hope this helps!

Edited by Feralfox
  • Like 4

Might try it..

Please do if your having the same issue, would be nice if this is a solution that will work for everyone.

• Like 1

This is the exact same "fix the problem" method to every single other available game on Steam

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 2

This is the exact same "fix the problem" method to every single other available game on Steam

Lol, well whatever works right? Me and my buddy did this literally in the past hour and it worked for both of us. If your having the problem you might as well try it.

Only takes like 5 minutes, you don't lose any of your data, and you'll be able to play the game again. So 5 minutes versus not being able to play decently at all.

• Like 1

Lol, well whatever works right? Me and my buddy did this literally in the past hour and it worked for both of us. If your having the problem you might as well try it.

Only takes like 5 minutes, you don't lose any of your data, and you'll be able to play the game again. So 5 minutes versus not being able to play decently at all.

Didn't do anything; it said "All files have been validated" and nothing happens.

i just sacrifce a chicken, spray the router with its blood, throw three pinches of salt over my left shoulder and log back in. works every time.

• Like 23

Didn't do anything; it said "All files have been validated" and nothing happens.

Right, now log back into the game and see if your lag problems are gone.

• Like 2

Right, now log back into the game and see if your lag problems are gone.

It says all files have been validated if everything is the way it should be. The only time anything is being fixed is if it says "(X amount of) files failed to validate and will be re-acquired." If it doesn't say that, nothing happened.

Well, I was having horrible desync issues before I did this. It told me everything was validated, I logged in, and now I am having no desync issues at all. I'm sorry if it didn't work for you. I'm just trying to be a decent guy and pass along a possible fix to people's problems that worked for me and my friend.

• Like 1

i just sacrifce a chicken, spray the router with its blood, throw three pinches of salt over my left shoulder and log back in. works every time.

This is the one true way.

2commb9.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I was having horrible desync issues before I did this. It told me everything was validated, I logged in, and now I am having no desync issues at all. I'm sorry if it didn't work for you. I'm just trying to be a decent guy and pass along a possible fix to people's problems that worked for me and my friend.

thanks for the trick, was having problems with this after duping, seemed to have fixed it, have all mah beans

Didn't help me, but might help others. Thanks for sharing regardless! :)

I'm partial to sacrificing virgins in the name of Dean Hall over my router.

Works like a charm.

Sorry if it didn't work for you guys, I think Whenlinkattacks is right. Before the desync issues happened we accidently duped a mosin by him giving it to me just before a server restart. So this must be some bug that happens after duping anything, or this could be what happened in my particular case anyways.

It did not work for me. Sadly, these issue (at least for me) arrive and go away without any possible explanation excluding server problems :(

It happened to me two days ago, and I cant not fix it..

Now I am trying your way and see if it can work ..

Sorry man 

negative

Please do if your having the same issue, would be nice if this is a solution that will work for everyone.

did not work for me.

Tried this, to no avail.

Tried re-installing BattlEye, nothing.

I think this bug needs fixing ASAP, before any additions. We can't ALPHA test when we can't even open a door.