Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

I didn't realize it was 800K units. I heard the news from a friend of mine, maybe I misunderstood. But, if he moved that much I could definitely see a faster development cycle, however, people do need to be trained. I think the easy stuff is done... coding is not so easy. Modeling/Textures... little easier imo.

Its powerful, only thing is many cheaters have prolly bought 2 or 3 copies already because of the low price for just in case they get caught. It's probably going to be a losing battle to rid the game of cheaters unless they jack up prices after alpha and bring in some sort of a skill progression system.

Edited by Highlander007

Yeah there is. I died on am empty AU server while in a house---alone. Your Dead it said.

You are dead*

I had to

• Like 1

can't test the game if it can't be played.
this happened two patches ago. thought they fixed it, but i guess one step forward and two steps back is the norm.

Welcome to alpha. If you were expecting a fully playable game, the door is that way.

I suggest playing DayZmod if you are looking for a more enjoyable experience and do not wish to be a part of the videogame development/testing process.

I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to point out the obvious. Note all the warning signs saying it's alpha and to expect a TON of gameplay-breaking issues. You act surprised.

can someone please explain what exactly "rubberbanding" is ?

Because of the latency and the server re syncing the player you will sometimes be moving then pulled back some distance and continue.  You will also see other players disappear from their location and returned to a previous location and resume.

Another aspect is not moving in the direction you are trying and then the server suddenly moves you directly to the location.  All of your input adds up and you find yourself off the edge of a building and falling to your death.

Me and a friend both got 2 major instances of rubberbanding last night and for me this is the first time I have had it since I got the game a few weeks ago so it seems it is still out there.  We were by the train station a little north of Gvozdno running towards Devils Castle and ended up getting rubberbanded back to the train station when we were halfway through the woods.

Edited by Darkness Muta

Its powerful, only thing is many cheaters have prolly bought 2 or 3 copies already because of the low price for just in case they get caught. It's probably going to be a losing battle to rid the game of cheaters unless they jack up prices after alpha and bring in some sort of a skill progression system.

I think the point was that they'd gotten a hell of a lot of money already - and could, in the original person's view, develop faster.

I'm a little unsure on my opinion on that, though I would point out that they don't need to train people... They'd contract in or hire people who already knew how to do what they need and maybe just give them a brief introduction to the engine.

Not complaining, simply wondering before I post a bug that might be my connection (though very doubtful.)

Is anyone else having problems playing... Like, at all?

I've connected to maybe ten different servers now, trying to get one to work. First, it takes an abnormal amount of time to connect... Then, I connect - only to have the yellow chain icon appear in the bottom right for a while. In this time, no loot loads, along with my hotbar. I can walk around, but open no doors - parts of the inventory are not yet loaded either (normally boots and backpack...)

Finally, after a few minutes, the hotbar appears, all equipment is loaded and nothing else happens. Can't take anything into hands through hot bar, interact with my inventory - or loot, open doors or do anything. No more connection error icons from here on out.

It's odd, as I've just been playing GMod and Counter Strike with no issues whatsoever - and pings of 10 and below...

Should point out I've never experienced this before (used to have the occasional minute or so on connection, but rarely.) But I've not played since the day Rev. 0.30.113953 came out.

Edited by Isaaq

seems to be working great so far! was able to play for a bit lastnight and it seemd to be pretty smooth!

Still getting rubberbanding on just about every server. Also getting a huge amounts of my guy resetting after switching servers due to the red broken link. When I see that I switch servers.

Still getting rubberbanding on just about every server. Also getting a huge amounts of my guy resetting after switching servers due to the red broken link. When I see that I switch servers.

Maybe a little rubberbanding for me, but yes they need to fix character resets.. 

I'll try to explain what is happening to me and my friends.

when we gathered some others usually can see but others can not.

's always someone invisible with the buggy body. or sometimes in the cath sigh but we were all frozen to each other.

please need help not because I thought other players with the same problem.

sorry my english sucks.

I was running next to a guy briefly today, faster than him, using the run mode you get when your start running while in the boxing stance and hes yelled out that i should stop doing that because rubberbanding was still happening. Is that the cause?

The Question is, why do we NOT want a logout timer?

there's no real bad thing about it, five ish seconds, boom your logged out, no big deal, cancelable/interruptable anytime, no issue for legitament players, discourages foul play.

The Question is, why do we NOT want a logout timer?

there's no real bad thing about it, five ish seconds, boom your logged out, no big deal, cancelable/interruptable anytime, no issue for legitament players, discourages foul play.

Exactly.  Not a matter of if, just simply when it's added.  It's the only possible solution.  Wouldn't be happy with 5 seconds though, at the very least double that :P

Edited by babybasher

I vote for a longish logout timer with an option to instantly logoff in things like sleeping bags, tents etc. that take some set-up time to deploy.

Edited by Mookzen
  • Like 1

rubberbanding gone,good job

I still have not found speedloader for magnum,anyone found it?

rubberbanding gone,good job

I still have not found speedloader for magnum,anyone found it?

Nope but i am still looking :)

I vote for a longish logout timer with an option to instantly logoff in things like sleeping bags, tents etc. that take some set-up time to deploy.

That can be done perhaps in the long run. I would say a 30 second timer would suffice. Having said that, there are more important stuff to address right now.

• Like 1

Well, I could have believed you untill 5 minutes ago, I was walking inside a building I already cleared, I was on the second floor crouching so it couldn't be trough the window or anything. Almost everything pristine quality - and suddenly my screen is black and apparently I'm dead... Luckily I don't attach to gear easily but man this character had it all.

I wouldn't mind being sniped down but this was just a bummer :(

This have nothing to do with random deaths. People can snipe you no matter if you can see them or not. There is a way to cheat in this game and deleted buildings and trees (pbo files). There is a verefication since last patch but also an EASY way to bypass the verification (I am willing to help Hicks/Dean with, just contact me).

I watched a streamer lastnight , they where at least 6-9 ppl grouped . It was impossible for them to stay together they kept rubberbanding. They switched servers 3 times , same thing on all of them.