HomerJay27

DayZ on Windows 10

Does anybody here know if DayZ will run on Windows 10? I know from other games, for example CS:GO that they run fine on the insider preview. If anybody here has experience with the game on the win10 insider preview I would appreciate it if you would share your knowlege because if it doesn't work I will wait with the update.

Friend of mine is running it on 10 and it looked good to me.  It does run, but you know how it is with a new OS.

i have used Win10 since the first technical preview and have had no issues running any modern game. this has been on several different hardware configurations. some config's produced better fps, etc but only the older config's would i consider unplayable. it will depend, as always, on your hardware.

Dayz, 7D2D, LiFyo, Stranded Deep, The Long Dark are a few that have worked well for me under Win10. Gotta love the dipshit haters everywhere :rolleyes:

Edited by thznutz
  • Like 2

FInnaly got the WIndows 10.

First thing noticed is that Windows 10 spies on everything you do and I mean literally everything, not only it scans which files you open with which aplication but it also records data from your camera and microphone aswell as it uploads every image or video or text file you used to microsoft database for easier sharing with "friends".

Windows 10 is basically Facebook: The Operating System.

But does it run DayZ better than Windos 8.1 for me? A little. Most noticable thing is that it changed the 1.5 second freezes that occure for me sometimes into 0.5 second freezes :D

• Like 1

FInnaly got the WIndows 10.

First thing noticed is that Windows 10 spies on everything you do and I mean literally everything, not only it scans which files you open with which aplication but it also records data from your camera and microphone aswell as it uploads every image or video or text file you used to microsoft database for easier sharing with "friends".

Windows 10 is basically Facebook: The Operating System.

But does it run DayZ better than Windos 8.1 for me? A little. Most noticable thing is that it changed the 1.5 second freezes that occure for me sometimes into 0.5 second freezes :D

What about Cortana? Is that assistant actually helpful? xD

EDIT: Strange, didn't realize this was originally posted on June 6 and then bumped recently.

Grimey Rick recently posted about it as well:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/226918-til-that-dayz-runs-much-smoother-on-windows-10/

Edited by Death By Crowbar
  • Like 1

What about Cortana? Is that assistant actually helpful? xD

No.

Anyway uninstalled Windows 10 and went back to Windows 8.1

The little performance boost in DayZ (or maybe placebo effect) is not worth my freedom and privacy that is taken away by Windows 10.

Also my computer would not run the newest games with DX12 anyway and I mostly play old games or emulators (and DayZ, Diablo 3).

No.

Anyway uninstalled Windows 10 and went back to Windows 8.1

The little performance boost in DayZ (or maybe placebo effect) is not worth my freedom and privacy that is taken away by Windows 10.

Also my computer would not run the newest games with DX12 anyway and I mostly play old games or emulators (and DayZ, Diablo 3).

Oh, darn. :/ Well, I will still switch to Windows 10. That way I can play Destiny from my X1 to my PC.