Sign in to follow this  
Tatanko

Unique Locations Based on Billboards

Now that many of you have seen my Guide to Billboards, I'd like to share my real motivation for collecting all of that information: a suggestion thread!

I would like to propose that some unique locations be added to the game in existing cities/towns based on the many billboards found throughout Chernarus. Quite a few of the billboards reference some sort of location specifically, but many of them are to places outside of Chernarus. Fortunately, many of them are also in Chernarus and adding them would be a small way of making a huge impact on the variety of each area without having to go through the trouble of adding a whole new location to the map. Here are a few of my ideas, some of which have been inspired by others (so I can't take all the credit):

Tozer® Tractor Showroom

rJOPP6y.jpg

cYzFRYal.jpg

Based on the Tractor Ad billboard, I think it would be interesting to add a tractor showroom to one of the existing buildings in Elektrozavodsk. The sign itself references an address of "76 Liberty Street" in that city, but we have no way of knowing exactly where in the city that would be. Arma has some existing tractor assets that could be used, but I think a fresh-sheet design would be better to match the lore of more John Deere-esque tractors.

The Ranger Cinema

Nf3L6RD.jpg

Based on the Escape from Kolgujev billboard, there could be a cinema (movie theater) somewhere in Chernarus named Ranger Cinema. Given that Elektrozavodsk and Chernogorsk already get mentioned by name on other billboards, I would recommend that this one be put somewhere else that more desperately needs something unique (not Novodmitrovsk, not Severograd, not Berezino).

The "Factory Club"

4jytb0jl.jpg

Based on the Megakoncert billboard, a music venue could be situated somewhere in or near the industrial section of Chernogorsk. It could even be based out of an old factory building, as its name suggests.

A Real Vodka Distillery

hSuUXwYl.jpg

tqWFhKil.jpg

Although technically a vodka distillery already exists, it would be nice to see it made into a more functional location with inspiration from both of the existing billboards (this one and this one). The game is already having glass vodka bottles implemented, and the location already exists, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to take it one step further and give us a visually-functioning production facility for vodka.

Pizzeria

9jl3urvl.jpg

This one is almost too easy. I'm sure I speak for most when I say this: please give us a pizzeria based on the real one referenced on the billboard :) Or, if that's too much work, customize one of the roadside stands to make it a pizza place.

Thanks for taking a look! Feel free to criticize or share your opinions. If you wish to help make this a reality, visit the ticket I created on the feedback tracker:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=22561

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 12

I can't disagree with this, no matter how hard I try.

Of course you can't :) I've wanted to see a tractor showroom ever since I first translated that billboard. It must happen!

A darkened theatre would be awsome...

• Like 1

A darkened theatre would be awsome...

Can you imagine the roleplaying opportunities? :p That, and the opportunity for some crazy violence I'm sure, not even including Abraham Lincoln assassination reenactments ;)

Of course you can't :) I've wanted to see a tractor showroom ever since I first translated that billboard. It must happen!

And source of spare parts for survivors, if you need diesel fuel pump - thats the place to find it!!

And source of spare parts for survivors, if you need diesel fuel pump - thats the place to find it!!

I didn't even think of that. Thanks for sharing!

Can you imagine the roleplaying opportunities? :P That, and the opportunity for some crazy violence I'm sure, not even including Abraham Lincoln assassination reenactments ;)

Note to Devs - please add Abraham Lincoln style top hat:

filepicker%2FMgPXFjz8TXCOTKIu347I_Abraha

Also, a suit, bow tie and fake beard... thanks.

• Like 1

this is a great idea. 

i'd love to get a museum too. 

Hmm, a museum. What kind of museum?

Hmm, a museum. What kind of museum?

How about a nice regional museum with natural history, industry, culture, and military wings.  IMHO Chernarus could use quite a few larger structures, the grocery stores are smaller than many corner stores in my area.

Stuff like the tractor store would be great; they could even go lazy and replace the lathes with tractors, make the piano house section the office and parts store, and call it good.

I'd also like to see something like gun shops, hardware, ranch supply, and clothing stores, and a variety of other specialty locations.

• Like 1

Wow I had never seen this suggestion but I pretty much agree with all of it ! 

like I said on your screen shots today tatanko, I would love to see those big industrial buildings enter-able that already existed as old models from arma2.. industrial zones, I believe are a strong pillar of dayz lore and I hope we see those buildings enterable one day.. And along with all of your ideas aswell of course :D

Edited by liquidcactus

Wow I had never seen this suggestion but I pretty much agree with all of it ! 

like I said on your screen shots today tatanko, I would love to see those big industrial buildings enter-able that already existed as old models from arma2.. industrial zones, I believe are a strong pillar of dayz lore and I hope we see those buildings enterable one day.. And along with all of your ideas aswell of course :D

It's a stated goal of the dev team to make as many buildings enterable as possible, which is GREAT. I have a feeling you will get your wish, and I'm hoping I will, too!

Edited by Tatanko

Thanks, guys! I'm hoping we'll see at least one or two of these locations considered. If nothing else, a fully-explorable vodka distillery would be awesome.