Sign in to follow this  
BrainlessZombie

Tool against server abuse

We need better tools to report server abuse and rule infringement, the actual process is a mess and most of the time people doesnt even know to which server hoster you need to report the server, because "send the info to everyone and let 'em sort it" is not good enough, neither is "post the ip we maybe able to help you to figure out who the hoster is".

Don't know about the actual hosting rules and rule infringement report system? Please read this:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting//

Edited by BrainlessZombie
  • Like 2

I'm fully in support of an easily acceptable and private ticket system.

Having to resort to the bugtracker,is a very shoddy and time consuming solution concerning the server abusment problem.

Having to resort to the bugtracker

That's not how it works.

Infact - it's a simple E-Mail. As long as you include the IP and some evidence it's about 3-4 lines.

• Like 2

Infact - it's a simple E-Mail. As long as you include the IP and some evidence it's about 3-4 lines.

Get the ip and all is easy, the evidence not so much, not everyone runs a recording program, i say that because at the moment in the kick screen doesnt show the server you've got kicked from or how long you were in before you got kicked or the motivation of the kick, so a screenshot wouldnt be helpful since you could use the same picture of 'you've got kicked' to report a thousand servers.

Dont forget that most of servers doesnt even have the hosters name on 'em, and even if thay have it that doesnt make it true.

I mean, the ones doing the effort to make things smooth should be the developers and the server hosters since they're the ones getting paid.

That's not how it works.

But imagine simply clicking on a report button next to the server from the ingame menu and click on the reason for the report.

Sending your information straight away could save tons of time and provide more accurate information.

I have played on quiet a few servers the the ones my clan hosts and I have never seen "server abuse" like you guys are claiming.  The only thing I can imagine is it is on public servers and the owners are using it to gear up then switch servers to kill people?

The private shards I play on don't seem to have this issue.  I find it silly that server owners are threatened by just banning people.  If you find a toxic player or a hacker on your server you think twice before banning him because the same little brats that hack report you for banning them.  We banned a guy the other day and it is a pain staking process to keep track of the caught hackers incase they report you for the ban.

At least in the top US servers the admins want players to play and I have seen no evidence of abuse from them, only them trying to combat the hackers and toxic players.  I hope that the hosting companys and Dayz devs will be mindful of the fact that often the same toxic players that you remove from your server will try to get your server removed.

But imagine simply clicking on a report button next to the server from the ingame menu and click on the reason for the report.

Sending your information straight away could save tons of time and provide more accurate information.

and provide a more reason to make it easier for people to rage bash a server for cheating and getting caught.

Everyone who say´s it is easy to report servers never really reported more servers then just a few - and the server list is the best evidence that nobody really cares to dedicate that time to report easy infringements like the server name.....

• Like 2

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

and @ damnyourdeadman

you where apart of that last thread not to long ago with attention server hosters..

you saw that the correct links where supplied there too forgot?

You really should read before you post, that link ison the first post.

and provide a more reason to make it easier for people to rage bash a server for cheating and getting caught.

What that has to do with anything?

Report, gets checked and closed if it does infringe the terms of of use, if it doesnt  infringe 'em, nothing happens, pease, stay on topic.

should read before you post, that link is in the 1st post.

I have played on quiet a few servers the the ones my clan hosts and I have never seen "server abuse" like you guys are claiming. The only thing I can imagine is it is on public servers and the owners are using it to gear up then switch servers to kill people?

The private shards I play on don't seem to have this issue. I find it silly that server owners are threatened by just banning people. If you find a toxic player or a hacker on your server you think twice before banning him because the same little brats that hack report you for banning them. We banned a guy the other day and it is a pain staking process to keep track of the caught hackers incase they report you for the ban.

At least in the top US servers the admins want players to play and I have seen no evidence of abuse from them, only them trying to combat the hackers and toxic players. I hope that the hosting companys and Dayz devs will be mindful of the fact that often the same toxic players that you remove from your server will try to get your server removed.

This problem is exclussive of public servers since everything on private shards is serverbound (characters).

Don't know about the actual hosting rules and rule infringement report system? Please read this:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting//

Please read the whole post before answering to it.

This problem is exclussive of public servers since everything on private shards is serverbound (characters).

Please read the whole post before answering to it.

Its a hidden spoiler link I missed sorry.

Having a link beside the ip of the server is not a good idea at all.

Although.... I do agree with you something needs to be changed in time. Today no! id rather have the dev.'s fix the loot issue first.

Having something better then trying to hunt down 500 topics for the abuse@ blah blah email is hard to find currently.

Even the server rules where hard for me to find.

Not everyone is against your suggestions, so take a chill pill. :)

Edited by FIRMSneakydude