In order to keep this document succinct and easily understood at a glance, we will break down the simple Do
and Don’t list for game server providers hosting DayZ.
Any questions regarding this can be directed to email@example.com, or the respective game server provider.
Acceptable Usage of DayZ Servers (Also known as the “Do” list)
You may change the following variables on your server :
- Player count (between 30 and 40)
- Server name (Within certain limitations, which are called out below)
- Server mode (between Regular and Hardcore)
- Server time at restart
- Server MOTD (Message of the Day)
You may perform the following actions on your server :
- Restart server
- Kick abusive players (harassment, cheating, exploiting bugs)
- Be aware that this can tread a fine line, and if you are found to be violating this rule your server may be disabled until the issue can be addressed.
- Turn the server off
Unacceptable usage of DayZ Servers (Also known as the “Don’t” list)
You may not change the following variables on your server :
- Player count beyond 40, and below 30.
- Message of the day to include slander, racism, sexism, or any general hate speak.
- Signature Verification (Must always be enabled)
- Server name must not contain any terms or phrases of the themes below:
- Player Versus Environment only
- Player will be kicked
- Server somehow has modified loot spawns, or other game data
- Server is private
- Server is “not operating properly”
- Hatespeak / Defamation of any person, place, or company
You may not perform the following actions on your server :
- Restart server to farm loot
- Restart server to protect your character integrity after dying
- Kick players without just cause
- Lock / Password the server