KOOLLAYD

Low FPS issues.

When I join a server my ping usually is about 45 give or take. When I click to join world the load screen takes a good minute to load and once I am in world my fps is between 5 to 10 average. Anyone by chance know what causes that issue or more importantly how to fix it?

When I join a server my ping usually is about 45 give or take. When I click to join world the load screen takes a good minute to load and once I am in world my fps is between 5 to 10 average. Anyone by chance know what causes that issue or more importantly how to fix it?

Ping does not affect FPS for what I know. You may need a new Central Processing Unit, I would recommend a FX-6300 if you use AMD, it's about 83€.

Before you go out and buy a new processor, there are a number of things you can do to improve your FPS.

Try the suggestions in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-qwJyvUnHY

Also I believe Intel processors have a much easier time with DayZ than AMD.

Edited by Beav

We don't even KNOW what hardware he has... yet, if he decides to tell us

Sorry I didn't even think to add that. It's not the processor needing replaced I just got this laptop not to long ago. I am pretty sure this is the one I bought so I'll add the link it has all the specs listed there on it. Thanks. :)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Black-15.6-15-f009wm-Laptop-PC-with-AMD-E1-2100-Accelerated-Dual-Core-Processor-4GB-Memory-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8.1-DVD-CD-DRIVE-NOT-IN/36561200

Is it a joke? I am reading thr comments on Walmart: "only good for slow Internet browsing". What do you expect with a $200 laptop...

Well it was a gift and I personally not had any of those issues. Actually I been able to game with mine with no issues up until now. Games I ran so far have been Lord of the Rings Online, Star Trek Online, Transformers MMO, Fallen Earth, State of Decay, Fort Zombie, SWGEmu, DCUO, EQ2 and EQ1, Walking Dead Survival Instinct, No more room in Hell, Half Life 2, Zombie Panic Source, Marvel Heros mmo, Infinate Crisis, Dragons Prophet, Counter Strike Nexon Zombies, and Entropia Universe just to name afew. So no it's not a damn joke. So if you got anything actually helpful it'd be appreciated. Only issue I can actually see is probably the processor speed, but outside of that I have not had no problems. I asked for helpful tips on how to get better fps on this crap. Yes I know it's not a gaming system if it was I'd not be here asking this. I didn't ask for an evaluation of the crappy reviews cry babies make because they don't know how to run their computer systems right in the first place. lol Thanks though, but I'll pass mate. lmao :)

Edited by KOOLLAYD

Yes but Arma is not so optimized and a dedicated graphic card is almost mandatory to play the mod.

The best advice I can give you is to test version 1.8.3 just released today. Maybe you will get few more fps

I am not sure where to download it to be honest mate. Steam hasn't updated yet and nor has DayZ commander or the launcher. I found these 2 threads, but am unclear as to which links I really need for it.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/149928-dayz-mod-1803-hotfix/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/215446-dayz-mod-183/

Do I just need the client only?

Strange I can see it on my steam.

Restart steam maybe you will see the version in the Drop-down menu.

Or wait for few hours the type for valve to sync everything

Umm it's not primarily the processor speed, it's the lack of a graphics card altogether.

I cannot see DayZ run on that machine at all, I am surprised it even started up and loaded the map

without crapping its pants by shuffling all of Chernarus onto the HDD swap file.

I am even more surprised you ran HalfLife2 with more than 10fps.

If you insist you can only set all graphic options to either "off" or to the very minimum setting. You probably already had to to this to get 10fps. Not more knobs to turn, sorry m8.

I haven't got any updates on Steam personally. Seems I am not the only one having this issue that I talk to on Steam. So I am guessing some are getting it and some are not. Not really sure what's going on with that mate.

And melaw the card isn't as bad as you think. I am running DayZ single player version mod at max settings and getting good gameplay out of it. My other games online fps is usually between 30 and 60 give or take. This laptop may not be no gaming system, but it ain't no dinosaur either mate. lmao So I don't know why you'd be surprised. I was just running around on SWTOR the other day in fact on it. That's probably the only game I played that has had some lag issues, but even people with actual suped up machines are having that problem. Anyway DayZ and Arma2 I am playing fine in offline single player mode. It's only when I try to play online do I have any real issues at all with it.

Edited by KOOLLAYD

Well Steam finally updated me to 1.8.0.3, but I'd still like to know what you'd actually download if you had to install this manually. Not like those threads really explain much of anything other then what was changed.

I was alittle confused on that. I am guessing the main mod site hasn't been updated then in awhile because it says 1.8.0.3 on it as the current version, yet I did notice one of the newer posts said 1.8.3. only without a 0 in it. Wasn't sure if that was a typo or what. Thanks for clearing that up mate.