Sign in to follow this  
Rakjoke

16.3 and 16.2 Problems

Hi, I have a HUGE problem with DayZ that has been driving me crazy on trying to fix it for weeks! I've browsed every forum possible for a solution and I have come up with absolutely nothing! I honestly have no idea what's going on with it, the last time I played DayZ was about 2 months ago, didn't play it for a whole month. Then when I decide to play it again, all my servers are grey, and yet DayZ mod is installed! Then I noticed where you can choose the updates for Arma 2 at the top of the "install/update" tab, it said "Verify Arma 2" and "Verify Arma 2 OA". Every time I hit one, it verify's my game cache and when it's done, it says "1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired" EVERY single time! It's not fixing them and I don't know why! Also if I download an update for the game and run it, I get an error saying something about 16.2 being outdated with 16.3. I've looked at three different solutions that were supposed to fix it but it didn't! I even have it set to "1.62 - Older version of the game" in Properties<Betas! I don't even know if I've covered all the problems! I'm going to reinstall the mod on Commander and hopefully it'll do something or something. I hope someone can help me, because I need to get this mod working again, it's been WAY too long!! Thank you in advance!

Edited by Rakjoke

Hi, I have a HUGE problem with DayZ that has been driving me crazy on trying to fix it for weeks! I've browsed every forum possible for a solution and I have come up with absolutely nothing! I honestly have no idea what's going on with it, the last time I played DayZ was about 2 months ago, didn't play it for a whole month. Then when I decide to play it again, all my servers are grey, and yet DayZ mod is installed! Then I noticed where you can choose the updates for Arma 2 at the top of the "install/update" tab, it said "Verify Arma 2" and "Verify Arma 2 OA". Every time I hit one, it verify's my game cache and when it's done, it says "1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired" EVERY single time! It's not fixing them and I don't know why! Also if I download an update for the game and run it, I get an error saying something about 16.2 being outdated with 16.3. I've looked at three different solutions that were supposed to fix it but it didn't! I even have it set to "1.62 - Older version of the game" in Properties<Betas! I don't even know if I've covered all the problems! I'm going to reinstall the mod on Commander and hopefully it'll do something or something. I hope someone can help me, because I need to get this mod working again, it's been WAY too long!! Thank you in advance!

The one file that fails to validate is the first time launch file, where it makes sure DirectX is installed and whatnot, if you only have 1 file failing your client side of the two games are fine. The problems are likely with DayZ Commader. Read this.