MadWookie

DayZ Commander not working? Read this. [DayZ-Launcher - the new alternative]

I've seen a lot of posts recently about DayZ commander not working, can't join servers, no servers showing up in the list, Dayz commander crashing. The list is endless. Most of these problems are related to the 1.63 Arma patch. What the patch did was transfer match-making from Gamespy (who recently shut down) to Steam. Why does this affect DayZ Commander; because DayZ Commander used Gamespy match-making. DayZ Commander will work for any servers that are 1.62 and under BUT those servers will not have BattlEye anti-cheat enabled as BE no longer support anything under 1.63. So what do you use to replace DayZ Commander &/or Play-With-Six? There's a program someone posted a few weeks ago that I downloaded to try it out and see if it worked, it does. It doesn't have all the features DayZ Commander offered but it works (Not nearly as many filter options).
You can download it here.

And anyone else who uses this please post your thoughts of this program for those who are skeptical of new programs. :P

CtGw1yw.jpgcUghM4Z.jpgjssDmpg.jpgGJQqkoU.jpg

Mind that the launcher is not 'officially endorsed', and that launching via Steam also works just fine.

EDIT: Fixed some typos.. :P

Edited by MadWookie
  • Like 6

Dayz launcher works just fine, its what I use and I haven't had any problems with it, reason I use it is cos it looks  better than the multiplayer version, and reminds me of good 'ole Commander :)

• Like 1

Thanks for making this, I'll sticky it in the Troubleshooting area.

Mind that the launcher is not 'officially endorsed', and that launching via Steam also works just fine.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 3

Thanks for making this

No problem, had to be done some time.

So why do I have to download the dayz mod again with this launcher?? I have it installed already yet this launcher forces me to download it again.....

So why do I have to download the dayz mod again with this launcher?? I have it installed already yet this launcher forces me to download it again.....

It's because they use a different method for naming the mod folders. You can rename the folders in your OA folder to the folder names listed in DZL if you'd like but it doesn't hurt anything other than disk space, by the way Wookie where did you get this idea from *wink wink*. Also can you link my [Tutorial] post in this, I still see people asking questions clearly answered in there.

• Like 1

Thanks for making this, I'll sticky it in the Troubleshooting area.

are you saying i can play overpoch/other mods like origins,etc. w/o having to download DZC or DayZLauncher? Im a bit cautious about what i d/l on my PC

Dayz Commander has updated since this post was made so the OP is outdated, but both dayz launcher and dayz commander are trusted programs and have been combed through. If you'd like to try dayz launcher follow the instruction here http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/205145-tutorial-how-to-play-dayz-mod-with-163-of-steam-dayz-commander-and-dayz-launcher/ the DayZ Launcher part obviously.

Just gotta say this was the ONLY way I've been able to download and run any mod effortlessly. I've tried DayZ Commander and PlaywithSixx with zero luck but this DayZ Launcher is a breeze to get up and running right out of the gate. Kudos to the devs.

Edited by haknslash

Hi,to me when i installed the dayz launcher all worked fine BUT when i shut it down and swithched it on the other day,te computer crashed and said something strange with the pixelled letters on white with a black background.I resolved the problem by oppening the computer by yesterday´s session and rubbing the dayz launcher. Maby its because i have the newest windows? (windows 8.5 i think)

Please help!

So I got a question regarding this topic.

My DayZCommander works perfectly, although 2 weeks ago it did not find any servers at all. BUT right now it works just fine.

However I want to be prepared in case it dies on me and I have to switch to another launcher:

Will I lose my characters on my usual servers if I use another launcher? How to prevent that?

Don't use dayzcommander at all, use dayzlauncher if you want use a launcher.

Character data are stored on server side.

These launchers only list servers announced on Steam, this has nothing to do with characters or any asset on any server.

Okay. So neither reinstalling any part of the game software involved nor reinstalling sub-mods from within different launchers will mess up with my characters on the servers?

By the way, please stop commanding people, that's rude. I appreciate you want to help.

• Like 1

English is not my native language and I can't see how I could command anyone,and I don't mean to. I recommend only, but computer science is often binary, either you follow the procedure either it won't works properly.

First of all, Dayzcommander and dayzlauncher are not part of dayzmod, neither are the different mods of the mod.

The character data is not stored on your PC but on the server side. You can reformat your PC and reinstall dayzmod, your character will be at the same place with the same gear when you join your favorite server.

You must (sorry to command you) follow what the server admin told you as mandatory mods you have to install in order to join the server. If you don't do that either you won't be able to connect either you could be banned (because a wrong mod as started and Battleye triggered an alert). But I won't tell you more because I know only vanilla dayzmod.

So I got a question regarding this topic.

My DayZCommander works perfectly, although 2 weeks ago it did not find any servers at all. BUT right now it works just fine.

However I want to be prepared in case it dies on me and I have to switch to another launcher:

Will I lose my characters on my usual servers if I use another launcher? How to prevent that?

I've found that DayZ Commander works fine some times then dies a few days later, I'm honestly not sure why.

As for your questions, facoptere is right, your character data is stored on the server that you play on, changing launchers will not change your GUID therefore it will not change your character.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. c:

• Like 1

I think the commander only sees servers it found before the protocol was changed. So the old servers are still there, new ones will not be found or even detected as server if you enter the IP manually.

But why can it find about a dozen 1.8.3 servers? They only exist for a week or less. And why do I still see some search results with correct playerlist/ping?

It's confusing, but I won't accept being fooled by the commander anymore. I gave the "new kid" a chance and it's working good.

Search filtering/sorting/fav organzing still has room for improvement, I only talk about functionality.

I think the commander only sees servers it found before the protocol was changed. So the old servers are still there, new ones will not be found or even detected as server if you enter the IP manually.

But why can it find about a dozen 1.8.3 servers? They only exist for a week or less. And why do I still see some search results with correct playerlist/ping?

It's confusing, but I won't accept being fooled by the commander anymore. I gave the "new kid" a chance and it's working good.

Search filtering/sorting/fav organzing still has room for improvement, I only talk about functionality.

Yeah, as much as I love commander I'm thinking it's a thing of the past. Like I said previously, some times commander works fine, others, you might as well try finding/connecting to your server with a potato.

Anyone else has huge problems with DayZlauncher and Namalsk servers?

It seems to mess up the start parameters.

For example on ARTyoms FinalDayZ server... if I connect with a doubleclick, I get errors and endless waiting in a loop.

If I do the custom-connect and choose the right mods myself it works. I guess it does a wrong readout for what mods a certain server needs.

Anyone else has huge problems with DayZlauncher and Namalsk servers?

It seems to mess up the start parameters.

For example on ARTyoms FinalDayZ server... if I connect with a doubleclick, I get errors and endless waiting in a loop.

If I do the custom-connect and choose the right mods myself it works. I guess it does a wrong readout for what mods a certain server needs.

Haven't played Namalsk for ages dude.. can't help ya. Sorry :/

Edit: I will try to get on and see if I have the same issue. I will post back if I find a fix.

Edited by MadWookie

I tried around a bit more. Sorry if I misuse this thread.

First, there are two mods to download: "DayZ Namalsk 0.75" (~200MB) and "Namalsk 0.75" (~800MB). At that point I deleted and ignored the smaller one, because Namalsk officially has about 800MB iirc.

I tried two different servers. The first being FinalDayZ. Normal login (doubleclick) fails with "missing item nails". Then I got the hint to connect with a manual command line. That worked, so I went back to the DZL and did a manual IP connect with the manual selection of mods to add to the command line. That also worked. DZL shows both Epoch AND DayZ in the server overview, so it probably tries to load both which results in a conflict.

The other server I yet have to get to work properly is Pendulum Namalsk. No matter what I try I cannot connect to it. Except for one method: Steam-downgrade to DayZ beta 1.7.7.1, then regular connecting with DZL (Namalsk 0.75 was made for 1.7.7.1.). Although I am not 100% sure I don't believe this server actually runs on this old DayZ version. I did also try 1.8.2, but that gave me "outdated dayz_anim", which seems to show an actual outdated version.

Strangely, my buddy did use DZC, all mods there up to date, and had no problem connecting to both of those servers!

I cannot really try more, and I haven't found a forum for the DZL, so maybe some1 in here can make a sense out of this. Thanks.

I have a few problems and questions about the launcher. I am a total noob with this kind of things so please mind that while replying.

The first problem I have is verifying ARMA2. It just says verifying unknown file, can anyone help me with that? OA was verified successfully, but ARMA2 just wont verify. I selected the correct path and everything. 

http://oi62.tinypic.com/25ksc4g.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2c0p3c.jpg

I suspect I am doing something very wrong here and I could use some help. 

Thank you.

I have a few problems and questions about the launcher. I am a total noob with this kind of things so please mind that while replying.

The first problem I have is verifying ARMA2. It just says verifying unknown file, can anyone help me with that? OA was verified successfully, but ARMA2 just wont verify. I selected the correct path and everything. 

http://oi62.tinypic.com/25ksc4g.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2c0p3c.jpg

I suspect I am doing something very wrong here and I could use some help. 

Thank you.

Try uninstalling Arma 2 and reinstalling. If your issues is only with Arma 2 then you shouldn't have to uninstall OA.

CrniVarg, use Steam to verify Arma, OA, then DayZmod. Launch every part once after verification. Bring the mod to latest beta (within Steam). Then reinstall the launcher. That should fix stuff.

I never use the launcher on any of those software packages, just for additional mods/maps.

Also, DZL programmer seems to follow the DZC programmer about giving a shht about bugs or errors. I have a strong feeling lots of inexperienced players are heavily confused with what's going on.

In a perfect world commander gets an update that either fixes stuff or brings a message about it NOT working anymore AND the DZL gets some kind of official forum.

*sigh*