Kevin1998

What's up with the Machete?

When I first started playing, literally the only weapon I was looking forward to was the Machete (Even including guns) and when I first found it (which was pretty easy) it was really small like a knife and dealt barely any damage.. Wtf?, I understand that their is more than one type of machete but I was really looking forward to the long bulky machete type, ya' know? like from Friday the 13th, the mod DayZ version, etc..

Please add the original machete in the game, not the garden kind. :/

post-218563-0-43907300-1410683487_thumb.

Edited by Kevin1998

A machette is, by definition, a "large knife."  How it is is a perfect iteration.  True, it's less intimidating than a wolf mask-wearing bandit with a (more-or-less) sword in hand, but it is a more practical and believable variant.  Hollywood likes to glamorize machetes into something that they are not.  They are a tool used to clear tall grass and underbrush, possibly a thin tree or two.  They're not directly intended to be used to sever heads or impale sweaty teens in the middle of some extra-curricular recreational activities.  It's a chopping tool, not a stabbing one anyways!  And while it's true that machetes are common in the west, they are pretty common worldwide as well.

I've owned a couple machetes in my life and all of them were similar to the one currently featured in the game.  They are extremely effective at chopping brush.  I do think they need a damage boost to zombies since they are also very capable of inflicting bodily harm (I got a scar from one...) but it should still be a 2-3 hit weapon.  I've never seen a machete that came without a scabbard, too...  Just sayin' ;)

• Like 1

I've never seen a machete that came without a scabbard, too...  Just sayin' ;)

Oh yes, scabbard / holster is much needed. Same as sling for rifles, let's stop those weapons that are glued to our avatar's body.

• Like 2

What's up with the Machete?

Machete kills. 

Machete in eastern Europe is already a failure by itself.

Go to Cracow (Kraków) during the local derby and you will change your mind faster than you think. 
Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

I want a bigger version, too.

Mostly so's I can wear bandana cap + striped T-shirt + short canvass pants and hang around Riffy pretending to be a pirate with a cutlass. The sawn-off mosin looks a bit like a pirate pistol, but you need to be able to hold it one-handed for the right effect.

• Like 4

I want a bigger version, too.

Mostly so's I can wear bandana cap + striped T-shirt + short canvass pants and hang around Riffy pretending to be a pirate with a cutlass. The sawn-off mosin looks a bit like a pirate pistol, but you need to be able to hold it one-handed for the right effect.

lol

I would like some extra gore and extra bleeding.

Good sounds effects and other things, so I can really feel the impacts.

• Like 2

The machete is defs out of proportion.. i was pumped to use it too and felt a little sad when I seen it looks like a butter knife

The machete is defs out of proportion.. i was pumped to use it too and felt a little sad when I seen it looks like a butter knife

It's not necessarily out of proportion, machetes come in all shapes and sizes, commonly from 10"-28"... not everything has to be your average 18" Latin/bush machete. I still agree it seems way too small, probably 12". 

OCcgX0X.png

I'll make a new thread on this in a bit, but what about a medieval broadsword? It can't be used to get kindling, but it'd be a quick 1 hit kill.

It's not necessarily out of proportion, machetes come in all shapes and sizes, commonly from 10"-28"... not everything has to be your average 18" Latin/bush machete. I still agree it seems way too small, probably 12". 

OCcgX0X.png

Dude, trust me its a fuck up.. i know there is different sized machetes in real life hahaa ?

Everyone wants an oversized one but really it needs to be something fitting for survival.

Everyone wants an oversized one but really it needs to be something fitting for survival.

It's not the size that matters, but how you use it.

• Like 1

Dude, trust me its a fuck up..

No, I don't think so, it's purposely small. Machete/knife handles are usually 4.5-5.5 inches long. The machete's blade is about 2½ handles long so this means it's about 12 inches - the machete wasn't scaled wrong, they just chose to make a small machete.

ek0sI96.png?1

• Like 1

Also off-topic but I think they should trim the descriptions... no one needs to know the etymology of "machete" or the middle name of the SKS' inventor... should keep things sweet and simple.

It's not the size that matters, but how you use it.

Keep telling that to yourself. 

Also off-topic but I think they should trim the descriptions... no one needs to know the etymology of "machete" or the middle name of the SKS' inventor... should keep things sweet and simple.

I like it though.

Also, maybe they could have a small machete and a big machete?

Also, after seeing this topic, as mentioned above, I created this thread as a plea for more usable melee weapons.

I'd like to see swords and maces and stuff. I mean, if it's the end of the world, and you're looking for a silent way of taking out zeds, why not use a broadsword? I'm not here to play gardener.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/211004-museum/

Never had any complaints!

It's called courtesy / politeness. But ask yourself this if size does not matter why they don't make 4 inch dildos ? 

It's called courtesy / politeness. But ask yourself this if size does not matter why they don't make 4 inch dildos ? 

I wouldn't know about that.

I thought we were talking about machetes?

Edited by Pillock

I wouldn't know about that.

I thought we were talking about machetes?

I'll give you a tip - because girls would say they are too small. 

I'll give you a tip - because girls would say they are too small. 

That's quite enough about your tip, thank you.