Sign in to follow this  
odin_lowe

My face is melting!

I didn't know about this, and learned the hard way. As I was starting my fire, I leaned forward to enter the tent I had just set, and got too close to the fire....

Tried searching the forums, but didn't find anything except a suggestion thread from a while ago.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208547-light-fire-to-clothes/?hl=burning#entry2088979

312d5ax.jpg

"My face is melting!"

"I'm burning!'

2s9rfi9.jpg

I started to ran frantically and got on the ground to roll over.  :D  It took a while to heal up so it did some damage.

• Like 4

obvious troll is obvious

No, It's actually real.

It's on EXP along with Hyper/Hypothermia.

• Like 2

obvious troll is obvious

Hop into experimental, and jump in a fire, you'll see it's real.

It surprised me a lot believe me, has I had not read anything about this, even searched the forums.

After that I had to heal up for a few minutes so I don't know how long I burned, and if rolling around on the ground helped in any way, but it did damage me. (none of my items seemed to have been damaged) I made the fire to cook this fish. You can still see the healing status.

ern33t.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

That's so weird, Cuz a friend I met in experimental a couple days ago he had told me that fire does indeed hurt you . So I stepped into the fire literally into it (only for 3 seconds or so ) and didn't receive any messages ... But this is an awesome thing and another reason why I love how they don't put down experimental patch notes , now only those that care to experiment in experimental will find out the real fun secrets :) .. I'm gonna burn captured bandits today while my girlfriend nags over direct speak to them .. If the burning doesn't kill them we all know what will ;) sorry ladies .

• Like 2