RagedDrew

Question regarding server admins and kicking players

So I've just tried joining a hardcore server but was kicked every time by the admins on there, I even had an admin tell me (over global) to stop joining or I'd lose my stuff. My question is, are admins allowed to kick players for no reason?

Edited by RagedDrew

Nope, they aren't. The servers have to be open to the public.

However some people seem to rent servers just to "farm up" there. Those are the "join=kick" or "no join" servers.

I personally don't get why anyone would go through that hassle when one might just go play a regular fps...

Edited by Buffaloe

Officialy they are not allowed.

But in reality nothing is stopping them.

Admins were abusing kick/restarts to farm items  since day 1 and nothing is done about. Best thing you can do is to move to another server.

However some people seem to rent servers just to "farm up" there. Those are the "join=kick" or "no join" servers.

JOIN AND KICK BAN CHAR RESET

So I have video proof of this with the 4 same players who were in each time I joined, is it worth reporting the server? Can I post the server IP on here?

So I have video proof of this with the 4 same players who were in each time I joined, is it worth reporting the server? Can I post the server IP on here?

Realistically there is no point whatsoever in reporting such abuse as nothing will be done about it anyway (this is why join=kick server were since day 1 and still are there).

But you can report if this will make you feel better.

There are even servers named: This server is not for you faggot, join= kick and ban

Edited by Aamunkajo

It's not about me feeling better it's about dicks doing this shit.

It is kind of a shame that noone from official side cares. Sure, it does not directly hurt the game experience, but it needlesly clutters the server list and undermines the whole loot system.

It might even get worse once there are persistent items, since the farmed items can also be horded then.

Also if there were less groups of armed to the teeth wannabe rambos flooding the servers the game experience might improve.

It is kind of a shame that noone from official side cares. Sure, it does not directly hurt the game experience, but it needlesly clutters the server list and undermines the whole loot system.

It might even get worse once there are persistent items, since the farmed items can also be horded then.

Also if there were less groups of armed to the teeth wannabe rambos flooding the servers the game experience might improve.

Find item, server hop to your private server with your tent, re-arm/re-hoard items, server hop back to normal server.

Edited by Frosti