Sign in to follow this  
cooldude8240

Making DayZ work for OSX

Well I just bought DayZ and I have a mac. I realized then that I could not install DayZ since it isn't compatible with mac. I don't want to refund the order or anything, but I do want to make sure that DayZ can be used for OSX users, because lots of them have spent 30 bucks on DayZ, but can't even play the game.

Well I just bought DayZ and I have a mac. I realized then that I could not install DayZ since it isn't compatible with mac.

Thought that was funny. You should read the system requirements next time.

And here is a thread to help you out. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/185064-can-a-macbook-pro-run-on-dayz-standalone/?hl=%2Bboot+%2Bcam%5Bp#entry1907740

Edited by DoctorRayRay
  • Like 1

If you scroll down on all games from steam you can see the system requirements, and what operating systems can run the game. Please check this in the future before you buy games to avoid this. http://prntscr.com/3okdp6

too late to quote you but RayRay, will definitely be copying you with that steam profile signature.  never knew there were sites for those

Edited by Cuqah
  • Like 1

Well I just bought DayZ and I have a mac. I realized then that I could not install DayZ since it isn't compatible with mac. I don't want to refund the order or anything, but I do want to make sure that DayZ can be used for OSX users, because lots of them have spent 30 bucks on DayZ, but can't even play the game.

Just install a win7 alongside osx.

get a gaming pc, its worth it

yet another reason to never own a mac...  bootcamp

For the same money as a mac, you can buy a gaming rig that has almost 4x the power that mac has. Really on a mac you pay for the name, not for the content.

They used to be graphically better in the era of which most of the gamers today won't even know it existed. I'm talking of the dos era, where only mac had a graphical interface. But now, they both use the same video cards

motherboards, processors, only difference is that mac charges 3x more for the same crap.

Not hating here, I used both, this is an opinion out of my experience with both systems.

Right tool for the right job.

Gaming with a Mac is like towing a 10,000lb trailer with a Maserati. It's beautifully made and costs a small fortune, but it's not going to drag that trailer worth a wank.