Sign in to follow this  
Bernie_101

Can a Macbook pro run on Dayz Standalone?

Can a Macbook pro with a processor of a 2.6 GHz intel core i5 and a memory of 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 run for Dayz standalone?

Can a Macbook pro with a processor of a 2.6 GHz intel core i5 and a memory of 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 run for Dayz standalone?

It's not designed for MAC, but you could run it by using a boot camp or whatever they call it. xD

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Hard Drive: 10 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

I'd say you have three intrinsic problems:

Processor speed is too slow

RAM is WAY too small

Your graphics card will guaranteed not be up to it.

Sorry.

• Like 1

Yes, I've got the mid 2012 version, however, I do have less RAM than you...

What I did was dual-boot my MBP using Bootcamp with a bootable Windows 8.1 USB drive. Works well on low settings, but pains to say the graphics card on Macbooks are pretty terrible, definitely need to replace my Macbook with a custom computer.

RAM is WAY too small

Sorry.

His RAM is fine. DayZ only uses max of 2047 MBs.

Buy a real computer.

A MAC is a computer boy. Stop being ignorant, thanks!

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

His RAM is fine. DayZ only uses max of 2047 MBs.

Sure. Which OS will he run?

I suppose if he's using a 32 bit OS... But I guarantee a bad performance experience.

Sure. Which OS will he run?

I suppose if he's using a 32 bit OS... But I guarantee a bad performance experience.

No, even if it's a 64-Bit OS it still won't use more than 2047 Mb's. That's what the engine is designed to use when used in conjunction with the command starter. 

No, even if it's a 64-Bit OS it still won't use more than 2047 Mb's. That's what the engine is designed to use when used in conjunction with the command starter.

Unfortunately, when the game is running, the OS and other items also need to run. 8GB of ram is just not enough for modern gaming.

I understand that dayz does not use all of the 8gb, and I understand that a 32 bit OS will only allow memory addresses for about 3.7GB of ram.

To me, the fact stands that these specs are not good enough to have a satisfactory experience playing a modern game. That includes that I believe that 16gb on a 64 bit OS is pretty much bare bones a this point.

• Like 1

I will just buy a windows 7 laptop with good RAM and a good processor

Asus - 15.6 Laptop - Intel core i5 processor - 4GB Memory 500GB hard drive 

Is this a good laptop?

Edited by Bernie_101

I bet you're not even 18, kid. Mac aint shit but a trademark to make dumb people pay too much for a lesser rig (like the t-shirts of Kanye), anyone with half brain that read you now knows that you know nothing about computers, congratulations fanboy.

• Like 1

I bet you're not even 18, kid. Mac aint shit but a trademark to make dumb people pay too much for a lesser rig (like the t-shirts of Kanye), anyone with half brain that read you now knows that you know nothing about computers, congratulations fanboy.

You don't call yourself brainless for nothing, eh?

Unfortunately, when the game is running, the OS and other items also need to run. 8GB of ram is just not enough for modern gaming.

I understand that dayz does not use all of the 8gb, and I understand that a 32 bit OS will only allow memory addresses for about 3.7GB of ram.

To me, the fact stands that these specs are not good enough to have a satisfactory experience playing a modern game. That includes that I believe that 16gb on a 64 bit OS is pretty much bare bones a this point.

I think you're exaggerating just a bit. 8GB would be fine, but I do consider it the minimum to support a good experience with modern games. 

Mmmmk then. My two-and-a-half-year-old MacBook Pro that can run the game on High settings with an acceptable FPS would like a word with you. Granted, my laptop has a good bit more muscle than the OP's, but it's still a "dumb ol' Macintosh". Also, my 7-year-old MacBook Pro that still works flawlessly and runs the latest version of OS X would also like a word with you.

Edited by Tatanko

RAM is WAY too small

Sorry.

Processor might be a bit lacking.

Ram is perfectly fine.

Graphics card is lacking a bit, but he could easily run the game on lowest settings with some tweaks with very easy FPS.

I'm so sick of seeing posts like this, let me guess, you've got a good computer and youve never had to experiment with a lacking one?

There's always ways to get games to run better than what people say, unless it's like Battlefield. I played DayZ Standalone on an awful computer while I was on vacation away from home, it had like 2.4 Ghz , 4 Gigs and HD 3000 and I could get like 25 FPS with the optimizations I did, he his perfectly fine.

"Sorry"

Edited by Zedertone

LOL You sure are acting like a kid yourself. Plus, how am I a fanboy when I have never owned a MAC myself? xD

You don't call yourself brainless for nothing, eh?

Indeed.

Mmmmk then. My two-and-a-half-year-old MacBook Pro that can run the game on High settings with an acceptable FPS would like a word with you. Granted, my laptop has a good bit more muscle than the OP's, but it's still a "dumb ol' Macintosh". Also, my 7-year-old MacBook Pro that still works flawlessly and runs the latest version of OS X would also like a word with you.

Hey look another fanboy that think's he know something, how cute. I'm done here, enjoy the thread.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

People in this thread have such butt-hurt, DayZ doesn't run on OS X, however, I never tried using the game exactly using software to run it, the specs aren't good on Macbook's older than 2012, however, they will run it if you dual boot it, on low settings. Macs have better software, but have worse hardware, but they run the hardware they do have, more efficiently, as I now work for a supplies company, I get to look at hardware all the time and buy it at stock price, can't wait for payday to buy a nice setup.

Processor might be a bit lacking.

Ram is perfectly fine.

Graphics card is lacking a bit, but he could easily run the game on lowest settings with some tweaks with very easy FPS.

I'm so sick of seeing posts like this, let me guess, you've got a good computer and youve never had to experiment with a lacking one?

There's always ways to get games to run better than what people say, unless it's like Battlefield. I played DayZ Standalone on an awful computer while I was on vacation away from home, it had like 2.4 Ghz , 4 Gigs and HD 3000 and I could get like 25 FPS with the optimizations I did, he his perfectly fine.

"Sorry"

There are five gaming computers in the house. The youngest has the lowest quality and it is lower than what was posited in this thread..

I also deal with machines as part of my job and I've been working with all versions of windows since 4.11. I also own a Mac and have used boot camp, sooooooo.

Yeah there's that. Sure, the guy might be able to run the game but will it really be reasonably playable? I still doubt it.

There are five gaming computers in the house. The youngest has the lowest quality and it is lower than what was posited in this thread.. I built and maintain three of the machines myself.

I also deal with machines as part of my job and I've been working with all versions of windows since 4.11. I also own a Mac and have used boot camp, sooooooo.

Yeah there's that. Sure, the guy might be able to run the game but will it really be reasonably playable? I still doubt it.

Oops wrong button..... DOUBLE POST WARNING

Edited by Disgraced

I will just buy a windows 7 laptop with good RAM and a good processor

Asus - 15.6 Laptop - Intel core i5 processor - 4GB Memory 500GB hard drive

Is this a good laptop?

What's the speed on the processor, and what GPU does it have? If the store doesn't list one, it will be using an integrated GPU, which will allow you to play less graphically intensive games, but will completely choke out with DayZ. I'd also look for more RAM as well.

There are five gaming computers in the house. The youngest has the lowest quality and it is lower than what was posited in this thread..

Oops wrong button..... DOUBLE POST WARNING

I played on a god awful computer, yes It is fine.

Indeed.

Hey look another fanboy that think's he know something, how cute. I'm done here, enjoy the thread.

I'm a fanboy for having an opinion (based on multiple-ownership experience) that differs from your own? Good luck being successful in the world after high school graduation, if you make it that far.

People in this thread have such butt-hurt, DayZ doesn't run on OS X, however, I never tried using the game exactly using software to run it, the specs aren't good on Macbook's older than 2012, however, they will run it if you dual boot it, on low settings. Macs have better software, but have worse hardware, but they run the hardware they do have, more efficiently, as I now work for a supplies company, I get to look at hardware all the time and buy it at stock price, can't wait for payday to buy a nice setup.

No one is getting butthurt over OS X... just the misinformation being spread that the hardware isn't up to the task. There's a TON of evidence to the contrary, my own experience included, but everyone seems to be willing to just gloss right over that and onto the hate. Keep perpetuating your opinion as fact, though. Life must be fun when you're ignorant to the world around you and make statements that have no basis in experience.

To the OP: given your particular specs, it will run the game just fine on Windows via Boot Camp. Just keep your expectations for settings at a realistic level. /thread

Edited by Tatanko

Wasn't on about butt-hurt over OS X, was on about the constant argument which surrounds gaming and the two companies.. I myself have experience with both. But as you said... the thread maker will have to lower his expectations on the quality of the gameplay he is going to have. Doesn't deter the experience though, I myself play it on low settings and can't get off the game! Will be a totally different ball game when I get a new setup and play it on high settings all round!