Evil Minion

DayZ Virtual Paper Doll - Community Clothing Suggestions (v1.30)

Less stupid things, why make the game realistic only for pink cowboy hats to exist. That's just stupid, imo.

A sombrero? A horse head mask? What the fuck do people want to turn this into? Pay Day? 

The existence of pink cowboy hats in real life proves they are actually very realistic. Anyways I am aware of the issue and that's the point of those polls - with 30-40 voters on average I hardly got any data on "implement this item asap - the community wants it".

Obviously "joke items" are "joke items" for a reason - they are pretty impractical. So including them with the appropiate downsides is essential as more serious players would avoid them if possible (contrary to popular opinion the majority of players I met ingame was indeed going for the most practical way) while still giving people the option to use them if they want to. Just like in real life.

Edited by Evil Minion

You forgot to add the PASGT, which is what the CDF uses. This should be the most common helmet available at military spawns and the ballistic helmet should be moved to NATO crash sites.

The Russian Altyn, K-63 and Rys-T  all look pretty similar to me so i would say just add a new visor for the Gorka helmet in this style.

There's already 3 different firefighters helmets, I don't think paramedic helmets are needed too.

I voted against the fur hat because only because of the picture, if it was something better suiting the region like a Cossack fur hat i would have voted yes.

first_chechen_war_by_chewolf-d38kosl.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe we can get something like this. Cold day in cherno find a striped checked shirt put it on the you find a hoodie wouldn't it be cool if you were able to have both on at the same time like layering. Shirt inside hoodie outside. Now what I wish is that clothing doesn't clip through he character not sure if this is a hard fix but it would be a good one.

Layering would be a nice thing. In many cases you could just not show the model of the underlayer but still apply effects like temperature or wetness.

• Like 1

Layering would be a nice thing. In many cases you could just not show the model of the underlayer but still apply effects like temperature or wetness.

Glad you do I want to be able to do this to keep warm just in case snow makes its appearance.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/theregularshow/images/a/a1/S05E07_Tortilla_Layering.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/480?cb=20131204041909Example of funny layering if you click the URL.

I would be able to post pictures but I think I need a PC Im on my phone. Oddly I can't choose a file.

A little update. I guess the lack of voters shows that people do not care about additional headwear - because of this I will probably reduce the number of helmets on the list as they are often quite similar.

How did I miss this gold?  Also, my votes not working might be due to half sleep.  I voted fur hat, everygame needs true pioneers.

Pretty good ideas here! I'd like to share some of my ideas as well. Basically, I think we should divide all of the torso clothing items (shirt and Vest) into four new slots: Shirt, Jacket, Vest, and Rig. Shirts would include thin/basic clothing with little to no slots such as t-shirts, shirts, sweaters, and tactical shirts. Jackets would be heavier items with more Slots like military uniforms, quilted jackets, rain jackets, and hoodies. This Slot would also come with a new mechanic called opening. All items in this Slot can be opened up (unzipped/unbuttoned, sleeves rolled up). This will show the item in the Shirt Slot below the opened Jacket, and reduce heat comfort value to cool down. Inventory space in a Shirt will only be visible when the Jacket is opened or not present. The vest slot will hold vests with not much inventory space such as the press Vest (would be nerfed), anti-stab vest, and other future items. These are mostly for protection or appearance. The final slot, Rig, would take most current vests including UK Vest, Chest Holster, SMERSH vest, and others. The only exception is the plate carrier vest, which will take up both the Vest and Rig Slots if it has any attachments (but more attachments should be available). Additional plate carrier attachments could include canteen (no interface necessary), back liquid pouch (under backpack), specific item pouches such as Slots for compasses, etc.

To specify on my "other" vote, I simply want to be able to put down the visor on certain helmets like the pilots helm, ties bandanas into arm bands, put a single small item like bandage or clip of mosin ammo into the bands around helmets should they have them, and I'd like to add netting and/or ghilli to helmets to further increase camouflage.

Edited by almostcomatose

A little update. I guess the lack of voters shows that people do not care about additional headwear - because of this I will probably reduce the number of helmets on the list as they are often quite similar.

I personally would like to see some new headgear. The issue with your list is mostly with the helmets, I think. You had several Russian helmets with visors on the list. These are already in the game, but they are all essentially the same helmet so they are all grouped together and called the Gorka Helmet. Same with the western helmets, they are all grouped together as the Ballistic Helmet. What I would like to see is more customization of these. Maybe wraps or covers to improve camouflage and allow the mounting of equipment or accessories, or additional visors for the Gorka Helmet.

As for more clothing suggestions, there are a few not on the list that I'd like to see.

Baja Coat - More commonly known as a drug rug, these colorful patterned sweatshirts/coats are very warm and can easily be layered, but do not protect very well against the wind.

Lennon Sunglasses - self explanatory. The circular sunglass design iconic of John Lennon. Great for fashion, just like the rest of the glasses in-game. Maybe someday they'll actually do something, but for now, fashion.

Masks - Just more masks in general. Maybe we could get a plain white mask and paint designs with whatever spray paint we can find (once more colors are added)

Additionally, I really think that the Down Jacket should return. Such a warm piece of clothing can actually be highly valuable if the scenario is made colder or a colder one is designed (right now temperature isn't a problem unless you get wet).

Cheers!

Edited by OnionOfShame

Just a bump so people don't need to start topics for single items already on the list.

Just a bump so people don't need to start topics for single items already on the list.

Ditto