Sign in to follow this  
timedance

Zombies in the next stable build....

Hello,

can someone tell me, if they change the zombies in the next stable build?

They are:

- too weak(they see you/ hear you in long range)

- hit-range is too big(they also hit you during running)

- they give too much damage

= all in all, lets call it: "OVERPOWERED"

also this game goes to a "melee-game"(we need more fire-axes), cause nobody will fire a weapon any more(only on his own risk a selfkill)

It makes no sense, killing zombies with guns, cause it will be an endless fight... - there is no spawning-limit for zombies!

thanks for reading.

best greets,

TiMEDANCE

Edited by TiMEDANCE
  • Like 2

Zombies are easy to kill. 1 axe hit= dead. Could be 2-3 easily to make them tougher leading to more sneaky tactics to avoid them.

indeed, even as freshspawn i have no trouble with zeds - they are waaaaaaaaaay to weak, no real danger/challenge.

Edited by Guest

the zombiespawn-system is way too unrealistic...

• Like 3

the zombiespawn-system is way too unrealistic...

Placeholder! As said zombies are way too easy to get rid of. 

Zombies: Simple respawn mechanic implemented for zombies, pending more robust method

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 1

It makes no sense, killing zombies with guns, cause it will be an endless fight...

looks like finally ppl get it ;) if u wanna shoot on em u better prepare for the next wave incomming or change fast as possible your location...

no more campers in bushes or open field "longrange" sniper simulators... i love the zeds

i hope they getting more aggresiv in groups in further patches.

overpowerd? where?!

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 1

Overpowered?

I had to shoot someone the other day and no zombies turned up straight away so I figured none were coming

Just as I began to bandage in a room about 8 zombies mobbed me

So I took damage the whole bandaging animation and then axed my way out and took them all out once in a open area, all without my screen changing colour from blood loss

I probably lost about 20% health at the most, and that was because I bandaged and couldn't move while they stuck me, which was the worst possible scenario, I was back at full health in about 10mins, a short trip to find food and water for me healthy in no time

Yeah.....way overpowered, they do sooooo much damage

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 2

also this game goes to a "melee-game"(we need more fire-axes), cause nobody will fire a weapon any more(only on his own risk a selfkill)

It makes no sense, killing zombies with guns, cause it will be an endless fight... - there is no spawning-limit for zombies!

Seems like it was successful then and the Zombies are how they're supposed to be in a Zombie-survival. This is not a bug, it's on purpose.

Fire a gun - you will have Zomberinos on you.

Edited by kichilron

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

(and no more walking through walls)

For these current 'placeholder' zombies - really all they need to do is tweak their re-spawn system some. Maybe add a longer delay and\or increase the range at which they re-spawn from the targeted player.

I do get annoyed when a zombie seemingly spawns right on top of me moments after I just took him out. Breaks the immersion.

• Like 2

I want to become infected and stalk the land until a player kills me!

• Like 1

= all in all, lets call it: "UNDERPOWERED"

there, i fixed it for you :)

The problem with zombies is not their damage output, speed or vitality. It's the AI and pathfinding, which are placeholders, so there is little point discussing it.

Instead of complaining about them, I'd like to suggest a few things, since the time for suggestions is appropriate, because the new system is in the works right now.

My vision is that zombies should not be hard. They should do moderate damage, may have moderate speed and go down with one baseball hit to the head, as any other human would (cause they actually are infected humans).

However, they should attack in hordes of 10, 20, 50 if possible. Fight like an enraged human would - try to grab you, tackle you, make you suffocate as they pile up on your body. Make you fight on your back screaming and kicking. One zombie should be nothing more than a fly, 5 should pose a big threat since it would be enough if just one managed to cling on to you.

The current zombie combat method is little more than awkwardly looking boxing match. It should be something more like facing a pressing force that tries to inhale you and then squeeze into the ground.

• Like 2

The Zombies OP lol i have heard it all now they arent even a real challenge yet they need to fix a few issues with them like the wall clipping the spawn of them and make there awareness less glitchy ( eg seeing through walls make them so they can be snuck past ) I know they will address these issues and once they do i hope they pour them in MORE OF THEM savage group tear you to pieces like rabbid dogs.

Its a survival horror game in a zed apoc they need to have effective zeds those complaining about zeds already are just at my best guess playing death match and the zeds are starting to get in the way of that GOOD maybe you will think twice before KoSing some poor sod who doesnt even know your there. PvP should be in game but it should have a reason and should be done with care and zeds in mind enough of the slow moving large map death match give me zombie survival.....

Vote 1 for zed apoc in the dayz ellections not the the death match kos party...

• Like 2

It seems they fix some things about zombies, but they also stuff up other things about them. We seem to have few extra zombies but now they seem to hurt you regardless of the distance. Running away i get hit even if im a good 3-4 meters ahead of them. Even when facing away from you they can hurt you. Hope they fix this soon.

I was hiding in bushes scouting a town, between some bushes my body not fully exposed. As i was scouting i see in a distance a small figure, and i could tell it was a figure due to its arms moving. It was a zombie running, i thought surely it cant be me. But it was, one zombie i thought piece of cake, pulled out my axe and waited. I was able to evade his charge but it didnt matter as he still drew my blood even though i was behind it.

= all in all, lets call it: "OVERPOWERED"

roflmao.gifca693edb6e85609102344bc36ebb5f.gif19674.gif

So anyone knows if it's a bug or it's supposed to work like that when you get hit in the head by a zombie you get insta death?

The Zombies OP lol i have heard it all now they arent even a real challenge yet they need to fix a few issues with them like the wall clipping the spawn of them and make there awareness less glitchy ( eg seeing through walls make them so they can be snuck past ) I know they will address these issues and once they do i hope they pour them in MORE OF THEM savage group tear you to pieces like rabbid dogs.

Its a survival horror game in a zed apoc they need to have effective zeds those complaining about zeds already are just at my best guess playing death match and the zeds are starting to get in the way of that GOOD maybe you will think twice before KoSing some poor sod who doesnt even know your there. PvP should be in game but it should have a reason and should be done with care and zeds in mind enough of the slow moving large map death match give me zombie survival.....

Vote 1 for zed apoc in the dayz ellections not the the death match kos party...

Holy run-on sentences Batman.

Commas and periods bro, look into them.

Holy run-on sentences Batman.

Commas and periods bro, look into them.

yeah i post like i text message ..

But have to say way to add to the topic didnt realize to was a thread on poor literacy skills... Mr 1 sentence paragraph man ...

My issue is that they can catch up to you... These are people that are infected and dead... Wtf they doing catching up to a a human in prime condition... And leaping 15ft like its nothing.

• Like 1

My issue is that they can catch up to you... These are people that are infected and dead... Wtf they doing catching up to a a human in prime condition... And leaping 15ft like its nothing.

They arent dead... just have fever.... SIT DOWN 6!