byrgesen

Polaroid Cameras

Gooday' mate.

I love this idea, it would be nice to see the artistic license of other players in game.

I would like to see the photos appear sort of as a bundle/ maybe in a sort of diary with some stats and personal writings from the player.

It may make some of these psychopaths realise what terrible destructive people they are too.

Rgds

Norris

Well, we can cross our fingers and hope some kind of "pouch" or photo album could be part of this, but i doubt it, at least in the beginning.

But it would be cool to find a small album on someone, to get a glimse of who this person was :)

Im a sucker for RP and immersion, so i cant get enough of stuff like this hehe.

First idea in a LONG time that i absolutely LOVE! Original, interesting, and adds something fresh to the game.Of course, like all things, the idea will have kinks that need to be sorted out, but that's like everything. Hope to see it happen!

I'd love this, and it shouldn't be to hard to implement (guessing) as it's basically just a screen shot. But being able to find/leave these behind could tell a great story.

I love it as well,but.....

Can it be done?

I mean,taking an ingame shot with a polaroid,and having the photograph item showing that snapshot

looks to me that is very challenging to develop a system that allows something like that.

Can it be done?

I mean,taking an ingame shot with a polaroid,and having the photograph item showing that snapshot

looks to me that is very challenging to develop a system that allows something like that.

I imagine the current writing on papir system could be adapted, but ofc i cant be sure :)

Just a thought, i think i would start there, but i dont have any experience in that level os coding tbh.

• Like 2

I imagine the current writing on papir system could be adapted, but ofc i cant be sure :)

Just a thought, i think i would start there, but i dont have any experience in that level os coding tbh.

I really hope they make it possible!

It would be awesome :D

Can it be done?

I would imagine the photo would just look generic until you equip it (similar to what the above poster mentioned about writing notes, or the way ingame maps work)

I would imagine the photo would just look generic until you equip it (similar to what the above poster mentioned about writing notes, or the way ingame maps work)

It's a little more complicated than the map though.

We are talking about freezing an ingame frame to a picture,

and placing it on the top of the generic photo item.

All maps ingame share the same data.

There is no different map item ingame.

But none of the pictures will be identical.

Each has their individual and unique pixels.

I would be highly amazed if they manage to pull this through.

For it is something that i have never witnessed in

an MMO-RPG game.

Also It would be cool just to walk around and take pictures of landmarks. I do that with the screen shot. I love this idea though!

would be tight, but that's probably a huge pain in the ass to make happen, and it probably wouldn't bring anything to the game that would benefit it.  U can snapshot steam pics and share them if u really want to.

would be tight, but that's probably a huge pain in the ass to make happen, and it probably wouldn't bring anything to the game that would benefit it.  U can snapshot steam pics and share them if u really want to.

Well, it brings about the same to the game as writting on a piece of paper imho :)

Immersion and RP elements.

This is a really cool idea. Would make for some funny moments when you pull photos off of dead people.

But I really want to be able to thumb tack the pictures on walls. And write notes on the walls.

But I really want to be able to thumb tack the pictures on walls. And write notes on the walls.

That would be so awsome, if it is possible :)

Imagine breaking into a barricaded house and finding 100's of pictures all over the walls lol.

Lets revive this beast, for the art department  :D

• Like 1

Lets revive this beast, for the art department  :D

Will return with beans, I smahed my quota out this morning but I am in firm support of this suggestion.

• Like 1

Will return with beans, I smahed my quota out this morning but I am in firm support of this suggestion.

Please do good sir :)

• Like 1

A friend just brought this up yesterday, and I thought it was a great idea too. Happy to see the topic is already being discussed!

While I also like the polaroid (especially the yellow/black edition that looks like a taxi ^^), I think the Lomo'instant could be an additional camera to think about. First of all it's more fitting than a Polaroid (although the licensed models look cool, Lomo is an Eastern brand). Then Lomos are smaller and you could replicate their different lense settings, as to apply a post effect to the picture ingame.

http://microsites.lomography.com/lomo-instant-camera/images/misc/lomo-instant-camera-presale.jpg

I dig the idea of carrying actual stashes of pictures with you that give a hint of what happened to that player. Whoever finds/kills you can figure out what you did and perhaps even increase chances to meet you again or leave a note/picture in a spot you often frequent. The addition of pictures could finally give meaning to writing notes and make the whole social aspect so much more special. It would be nice, if the images got duplicated to our Steam screenshot gallery, or if we could arrange them into a "book" and upload separately (as our albums); so we don't lose the pictures completely.

It could also be that images have a date or a color code, i.e. yellow, red or blue dot on it, depending on how old they are (yellow ~ 1 week, red ~2-3 weeks, blue ~1 month+), so you can see how long that survivor was running around for (before you killed him ^^). Though that is just an afterthought. Somehow I liked, how some of the mods showed a number of days (e.g." 21 days survived"), and I would like to see some option for that in the standalone. Adding a date to polaroids would already do the trick for me. Oh an using tripods or attaching the camera to furniture/fences to take group selfies would be awesome.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Please do good sir :)

I've returned with beans, let me spread them.  Also on that note, I'm still in massive support of the idear.

• Like 1

Cameras are a developer's dream come true. They are one of the HARDEST things to add into an online multiplayer game. (or atleast so I've heard)