Mullraugh

Cameras and Video Cameras

If there have been suggestions just like this... cool. Like I always say; If there's one or more suggestions of the same thing, it's usually a good idea.

Polaroid Camera: After taking a picture (should also add the ability for selfies) it prints out a photo which you can store in your inventory. Picking up the photograph will also save a screenshot to your Steam Library (or they could add a "Screenshots" folder to DayZ with subfolders for the different types of cameras). You can drop the photograph and give it to someone else. When they pick it up, they also get a screenshot saved.

Video Camera + Tripod: Use it like Survivor Man to film your adventures. Saves 10 minutes of video IN-GAME on the camera for everyone to enjoy, but unlimited minutes of video to Steam or DayZ Screenshots folder - subfolder "videos". You can attach a tripod to it and film a certain area, or you walking down the street. Should have the ability for night vision mode, and in first-person you can look through the viewfinder or at the litle flip-out screen. (Kind of like the Outlast game.)

If you have any more ideas for cameras, leave them below!

• Like 7

This will just result in more humiliation and degradation of unfortunate players who get captured. I understand where your coming from but people always use things for the darkest of reasons.

• Nice idea but let them finish the game first?

Sure night vision mode...every camera with a nv mode is useless without an IR light and even then good for about 20m. And if nv goggles are introduced only makes you a target.

This will just result in more humiliation and degradation of unfortunate players who get captured. I understand where your coming from but people always use things for the darkest of reasons.

That ain't a bad thing really.

How? If someone wants to torture others and capture it on camera he/she can still use other tools like fraps (as they always did).

Honestly such fotos / tapes would have short lives hence the "ruined" status.

Its a nice idea and all - but im fairly certain this would take way too much traffic for such a gimmicky item (especially the recording of videos) - playing it back and forth - on different servers / on different characters.

The Polaroid idea on the other hand seems reasonable and i would enjoy playing around with it.

Just because people use fraps doesn't mean they wouldn't use this method too.

I just can't see the need for further developments for people to twist to their sick ways. I for one don't want to find a Polaroid of someone abusing someone and then have it saved to my library.

some cameras would be used like binoculars depending size of optics

Don't see why you worry about screenshots of prisoners, you can do that already, I want my prisoners dragged through the streets, beaten, and hanged :3 Only if they deserve it.

add the ability for selfies

please no, don´t bring that to dayz

other idea about video camera is good. beans for that.

some cameras would be used like binoculars depending size of optics

Precisely the suggestion I was looking to make. Have a few different digital cams that can be found, batteries to power them. Range from a tiny lil kiddy themed low res cam with no zoom to mid range Sureshot style cams with some zoom capability, all the way to a super high end digital cam with a telephoto lens for some extreme voyeurism.

With all, allowing the players to take pictures to visually document their journey. Would be cool to find a cam on a dead player, view the photos and a get a bit of a snapshot into just how long they have been around, where they may have found the camera and all the different places they have visited since. Or to find a cam that ends up only having one picture saved, a man running towards the camera with an axe held high above his head.

Edited by JubeiDOK

This is actually an awesome idea, you can kill someone, find their tape and watch what they have been doing. Would add A LOT of dark menacing feeling to the game.

I however do not agree, it saves to your library for that would be annoying for I would just want to take a picture to have it and other people can possibly see. If I wanted a picture I would press the screenshot key ._.