ianaconda

Bicycle Suggestions/Discussion [Official]

Hey i know you dont want to add Cars for now, but how about bicycle's ? 

The map is really big and i take so much time to get thrue. Bike's will help a lot.
They dont need Fuel and are 2x faster than you or somethink like that.

I love this idea. Anything to help get across the map a little bit faster is cool by me. Add in some road bikes that are really fast but don't do well on any type of ground besides paved or a mountain bike that isn't so fast but can conquer those monstrous hills.

oh look its this thread again.

There actually isn't any threads about Bicycles or Bikes besides this one. 

Whelp - there was plenty talk of having a bicycle as a startup vehicle in lots of other threads.

Besides that he mentioned he is aware of vehicles being added - which is most certainly not an alpha-priority.

I guess im just frustrated about the progression of patches / gameplay fixes that should be taken care of first.

Considering that bicycles ARE THE MOST COMMON AND CHEAP VEHICLE IN THE WORLD,

I would say sure.

Maintenance like replacing tires, and re airing them should be added though.

And tire kits, to fix your tire if there is a hole from a nail.

A tire kit would be soap, water, and sticky patches, plus a crowbar/a smaller version.

But this is a PVP game. You can walk up to any player and kill him. Its a PVP game

Wow, if you seriously think becuase you can kill people this entire game is PvP, just uninstall it.

DayZ was never made for Deathmatch, it was made to be a cruel survival simulator with Bandits sticking people up for beans.

(FYI, if you kill everyone you see, including fresh spawns, you are not a bandit. Bandits  take what they need/want and Usaully let the guy go. Killing everything that moves isn't being a bandit.)

• Like 1

Greetings fellow DayZ community goers,

I have a suggestion for the devs/rest of the community to listen to and or debate over.  Please keep it constructive and fun, and not a flame war.

I suggest that the devs get a bicyles model in the game, functional ones.  Allow us to have a little speed from time to time.  Yes, everyone says its a good thing to get use to running around.  Well guess what, a lot of us did that in the mod.  I am NOT demanding one.  I am NOT suggesting why haven't they been there in the first place.  I agree that they needed to work out much more important features.

That being said, we are now a little stagnant with not much for us to do in the realm of alpha testing.  Over the last few weeks, i've been very pleased with the bugs I've seen come and gone.  My clan however is getting stagnant, with only PvP and weeks of survival under our belts were clamping at the bits for more features. 

So, what do you guys think?  To early? To late?  Good idea??  I realize there's an object cap, maybe only add one vehicle model (like i suggested a bike) and keep it limited to the amount on the server.  I realize there's a lot that goes into requesting this, but IMO i think it's due time for one kind of vehicle model.. at least here and there on the shore line.

So sorry to that "LOOK THAT AGAIN GUYS" if you try to search in forum by the word bicycle you dont find anythink ;)

And if you would look better, you see im new at Dayz also at this Forum and dont read every Thread and just create this Thread for help me and other people in the World of DayZ.

Edited by Asacs

I agree that a mountain bike should be added to the game,, immediately, no frills, no repair, just have it double( or triple) our speed on flat land. I think the issue with riding on flat land with no protection is enough balance for now. but something to cross large distance quickly is definitely in need atm. I wouldn't care if it was a place holder or even properly textured. just give us some simple form or transportation for the time being so we can more easily move around.

I'm not asking for a full implemented Bike (parts in workable condition, real physics)... Heck the real speed doesn't have to be accurate, the animations don't have to be there... But rly... This Map is SOOOOO HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, it takes forever just to get somewhere.

I just don't want to glitch on the bike, I don't care if the bike can be damaged and unrepairable in game, but whatever bike I grab and log-off should log-in with me where I left it.

Again. not asking for much. Just a bike... No animations, special mechanics, just press "W" enough times to build up speed (character will max out on momentum), hold "S" to brake/slow-down, and mouse to steer; hell, steer with "A" and "D" for all I care!

But please... I've been good... :3.... Not asking for much Rocket Santa... p-bbbbbbbbbbleeease?

• Like 8

yeah a bike would be nice or bicycle. The second one should be abundant in real world if a zombie apocalypse did happen as it did not need gas just a replaceable parts. So why not Day Z.

• Like 1

Asking to spawn in with a vehicle is for sure asking to much imo (especially out of dayz!) ... but I do also hope that at the very least bicylces make an appearance before to long.

OK, but consider this:

- Bicycle is implemented in next update.

- Everyone is happy

-AWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAWWWWWWWWWW JEEZ ROCKET MY HUNGR IS GLITCHD NO WORK 4 ME ;_;

- 'well, did you want a bike because you can't hold down the "W" key for a few minutes, or do you want a alpha that is less buggy and more playable than the version before?'

the devs can't win

• Like 1

The huge map is a huge factor.

The point of this game isn't to grab all the epicz lootz so you canz go kill freshspawns. Stop complaining and walk.

Even when they're implemented (Not anytime soon) its not like your going to find one in every town. There was a max of 15 bikew per server in the mod, most of which ended up up north hidden in the woods. I doubt your going to see any more than that.

And you newbies have it easy. In the mod, you couldn't just go to a military base. There was 3 bases on the entire map, and only one was worth looting. There was only a few/none enterable buildings in every town. Looting Kozolvka, Kamyshovo, Kemenka, ect, got you a tin can at best. Stop complaining.

I'm not asking for a full implemented Bike (parts in workable condition, real physics)... Heck the real speed doesn't have to be accurate, the animations don't have to be there... But rly... This Map is SOOOOO HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, it takes forever just to get somewhere.

I just don't want to glitch on the bike, I don't care if the bike can be damaged and unrepairable in game, but whatever bike I grab and log-off should log-in with me where I left it.

Again. not asking for much. Just a bike... No animations, special mechanics, just press "W" enough times to build up speed (character will max out on momentum), hold "S" to brake/slow-down, and mouse to steer; hell, steer with "A" and "D" for all I care!

But please... I've been good... :3.... Not asking for much Rocket Santa... p-bbbbbbbbbbleeease?

Also...No. Deal with it.

• Like 2

OK, but consider this:

- Bicycle is implemented in next update.

- Everyone is happy

-AWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAWWWWWWWWWW JEEZ ROCKET MY HUNGR IS GLITCHD NO WORK 4 ME ;_;

- 'well, did you want a bike because you can't hold down the "W" key for a few minutes, or do you want a alpha that is less buggy and more playable than the version before?'

the devs can't win

Because they implented the bicycle the whole game breaks down, yeah that sounds about right. You simply just insulted their skills as developers.

The huge map is a huge factor.

The point of this game isn't to grab all the epicz lootz so you canz go kill freshspawns. Stop complaining and walk.

Even when they're implemented (Not anytime soon) its not like your going to find one in every town. There was a max of 15 bikew per server in the mod, most of which ended up up north hidden in the woods. I doubt your going to see any more than that.

And you newbies have it easy. In the mod, you couldn't just go to a military base. There was 3 bases on the entire map, and only one was worth looting. There was only a few/none enterable buildings in every town. Looting Kozolvka, Kamyshovo, Kemenka, ect, got you a tin can at best. Stop complaining.

Stop spreading false information man. In the mod you could find weapons almost everywhere, not high tech stuff but enough to defend yourself. I'm not gonna waste half an hour to get from Berezino to Elektro only to get shot in Komashyevo. Not only bicycles would make the game more bearable but actually would benefit the alpha and testing. Less time spent on pointless travelling = more time spent on actual testing.

They will bring them in when they are ready and until then, have fun walking :)