Slyguy65

Rewarding players for actually staying alive and surviving.

So basically what you're saying is:

- Survive longer = get benefits.

Which means:

- Keep your character logged in and AFK in the middle of nowhere 24/7 when you're not playing =  get benefits

Which actually can be translated to:

- Have servers spammed with AFK bots = get benefits

Which in reality means:

- Great concept = terrible idea

• Like 3

Which means:

- Keep your character logged in and AFK in the middle of nowhere 24/7 when you're not playing =  get benefits

Except they will most likely starve to death while afking. 

Could also easily implement a mechanic that only tallies if you're active and moving.  It's not hard to figure it out and program it in.

If your character doesn't move at all (rotation or otherwise) for 30 seconds, your increment stops tallying towards the goal.

If refined, this idea might give players the incentive to keep their characters alive longer.  The "value of life" players have been asking for, but only coming up with half-brained "punish the bandit" ideas.

I like where this idea is going.  It's easy to implement anti-abuse measures.

This also makes bandits more sinister (especially of the KoS variety) and will force players to be much more careful and sneaky.

I dig it :)

• Like 8

Gets enuff food and water just stay in a bush up north away from everyone ftw

Isn't it a SURVIVAL game ?

prime objective is NOT to KILL OTHERS but to STAY ALIVE.

• Like 9

Exactly.

If you find enough food and bottles/canteens, who cares what they do to stay alive?  That's the entire goal of the game, SURVIVAL.

As far as I'm concerned if you are smart enough to stay well fed and hydrated, and keep away from all bandits you are WINNING!

• Like 4

Exactly.

If you find enough food and bottles/canteens, who cares what they do to stay alive?  That's the entire goal of the game, SURVIVAL.

As far as I'm concerned if you are smart enough to stay well fed and hydrated, and keep away from all bandits you are WINNING!

When score boards comes, survived hours/days should be on top of the list and not kill, deaths and K/D.

• Like 13

Your reward is "Healthy" status. 

This.

Get healthy status. It's nice.

• Like 2

if staying alive wasn't easier then a childs puzzle game with the 5 blocks then maybe your argument would have a leg to stand on but sadly thats not the case.

When score boards comes, survived hours/days should be on top of the list and not kill, deaths and K/D.

Agreed.  Then it would be much more entertaining to watch people try and track/hunt that person down to end their increasing record (for the top slots).

As opposed to "how many bambis did I kill today".

• Like 4

I'd like to see something like this. Small things that can make a difference.

• Like 1

In my opinion the overall direction to reward survival time is the way to go.

I also suggested a character enhancement system for the mod some months back but folks didn't like it, since basically it makes surviving easier, aka less challengeing. And now I think they were right, character enhancement is not the golden way to go, aside from several skills.

Now I came up with rewarding survival time bei a progressive environment here and they don't seem to like it either.

Sooo.... let it mix. 3:-)

Edited by Ken Bean

Which means:

Which in reality means:

No, read, "And of course since these perks are all PASSIVE and gained through repetative action"

Sitting doing nothing wouldn't help much you would need to at least be running and moving x amount of steps or so to get better stamina or do whatever x action to get y perk you get me?

Try comprehending the positive before slamming down with negative.

• Like 3

I fully support this. Though I think they need to add a detection mechanic that isn't dependent on something stupid like "Is player moving? If not for x amount of time, stop counting survival timer." It needs to detect complete afking. (Snipers may be prone for hours scoped in and not moving)

Remember that people can put a couple dimes then a stack of quarters on top of one of their movement keys and stay moving into an object to avoid the afk detection.

AFK bots and anything of the sort need not be accounted for since they are something that VAC and anticheat systems are responsible for.

Edited by MystoganXIX
  • Like 1

I fully support this. Though I think they need to add a detection mechanic that isn't dependent on something stupid like "Is player moving? If not for x amount of time, stop counting survival timer." It needs to detect complete afking. (Snipers may be prone for hours scoped in and not moving)

Remember that people can put a couple dimes then a stack of quarters on top of one of their movement keys and stay moving into an object to avoid the afk detection.

AFK detection will be me looking to eliminate competition for top of survived days.

And not forget, they will have to move to find food and water.

• Like 2

This guy made the most valid point of all, the scoreboards are for LONGEST SURVIVED and AVERAGE ALIVE and how is DEAD. Not K/D I think that fact alone fights any arguement agaisnt more survival mechanics instead of more guns.

• Like 1

AFK bots and anything of the sort need not be accounted for since they are something that VAC and anticheat systems are responsible for.

Ya, the gist is that you need to DO to improve, now im not trying to fully advocate sniper punishment, they could easily condition their character to not need to eat which would help their sniping playstyle BUT their stamina would suck and say a person who does have good stamina chases them, well they go bye bye.

Which means:

Which in reality means:

It's very easy to put a script that detects is someone is afk or has the game minimalized .

I like the idea of benefits for surviving, but not like getting more blood and things like that because it would be unrealistic, w freshspawn can die from one bullet but a guy who survived for 7 days will die from 2 bullets because he has more health ? No.. but benefits of surviving like higher stamina for running etc why not

Also the scoreboard is a good idea, rankings of players with the longest time survived etc

Edited by Gdaddy22
  • Like 3

Good idea, this way you actually care about your char. More days you survive and more things you do, gives you more survival experience. They gotta fix all the glitches first so i dont get slingshotted from latter and lose all my skills/experience.

• Like 1

Great idea mate, totally support it, and about campers they could put some negative effect like after being in same place for longer period of time and camping all the time ur starting to move slower or something. maybe starting feeling sick and have little bit smudgy view from your scope getting more intensive, the more you actually camp. Dunno honestly but main idea is really good.