capt. beefsteak

Why does everyone I run into kill me?

Everyone I've met so far has killed me.. Some kill me instantly, some pretend to be friendly then do the deed. Are there any players out there that don't believe in this? I know why they kill, it's for gear, but really... Every time?? It's going to make me a murderer.. I will not be able to trust anyone.....

This then goes into the whole, why can't you make yourself healthy, saline bags, iv stuff, etc... Everyone I've bumped into that I didn't escape from has tried to kill me or has killed me.. If I can't make myself better, and everyone just wants to kill each other it's going to be super hard to accomplish anything..

Latest log:

2.5 hours in I found myself with a full pack, beans, pasta, epi pen's (2) vitamins, you name it... Saline bag, blood bag, killed many zombies feeling good... Then I was walking down a road and noticed the tell tale sign of a military base with the towers and all. I went over cautiously and didn't notice anything. I went inside only to find a m4 and 7.62 rounds. There was also a pistol, and a gasmask as well as a ballistic helmet. Now I was fully loaded.. I walked outside, looked around, i mistook a player for a Zombie, and evaded, turned around to notice it was a player..

I sat there directly across from him.. my gun was out.. he'd already gotten close enough to inspect my pack (when i was evading) As I look directly across at him I wave... He shot and killed me... All that work.. Moral of this story is, I am going to kill anything that moves.. This was the first time I've ever been frusterated during this game. Why don't people wanna team up?

Obviously you're going to need teamates in order to live... So with this said, should someone wanna clan up.. and go clean the scum of the game, I'm all for it.. My objective is to survive and If you find me, and I kill you... you'll understand now why your dead. I wish there was a way or a button you could click to commit (maybe to last for 10 mins or so) to a certain player, that would allow you to not kill them... This way we could be sure that you weren't really just another hostile player waiting for an opportunity..

I personally try to avoid players. That way, I survive. It's how I had a character 30 days old in the mod. Anyway, I'm not going to tell ya how to play, since it is a sandbox, as everyone that advocates murdering fresh spawns blathers, but I am saying we do exist. Just don't expect to meet me.

Anyway, I will say good luck and welcome to DayZ. Maybe, if you're lucky, you'll find me...

• Like 4

Yeah, sadly you pretty much either have to do what Farsight says and remain unseen, always. Or you have to kill them before they can kill you. Yes there are times when people are friendly, no, people don't always KoS. But I feel your frustration, you spend x number of hours killing zeds and finding the things you need to survive, finally find another living person and they immediately shoot you in the face. The kill on sight mentality sure seems to get more prevalent with every instance of it's occurrence, and it isn't hard to see why. 

• Like 1

Is it because most people on here are virgin kids who have a lot of sexual frustration and some anger towards their parents because they were not taught to communicate from a young age?

I have played this game for just one day and each time I met a human being in this game I gave them the F1 friendly wave but I have been attacked every time except once.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game but if this continues as it is, I shall demand for a single player option.

I also have been attacked by someone who was almost naked with nothing to gain by attacking me. I must admit, it was funny as it made no sense at all to attack me. But this type of weirdness makes me want this game to have a single player option especially after reading your stories.

NPCs is an option. 

Well, now today I made another character... Doing alright other than being sick,... I lost some blood, been eating found antiboitics took them... I also found the alcohol stuff and cleaned my wounds (got sick the first time i cleaned)... however I have been getting the encouraging messages that my player's wounds look better, etc... It's hard to tell with the color thing whether it's getting better or what, still a little blurry on the vision side of things.. This one is a little bit older than a few hours, I havent run into anything but the zombies, some town's seem to crawl with them..

It's funny how easy it is to kill one, however putting 2 in the mix makes it a bit harry.. Oddly enough even with the hit reg as rough as it is here in the alpha, I've still managed to find a successful ways to eliminate the zombies... The best part of it, I'm learning the game, where to look for water, things like that.. I've once again found a weapon, had a pistol had to lose it for other stuff however i've kept M4,... I wish i could carry more crap... I think I need to find a watering hole, and just set up camp.. I don't prefer to be in buildings at this stage in the alpha because the zombies are able to come in regardless. I figure if i do set up some sort of camp it will be in the woods..

I just don't know if when you drop items in a space you'd be able to come grab them at a later point in time.

While the day and night has yet to work and people being so damn aggressive it makes me wonder if i should just snipe people off from afar. I've always been one to help those along the way, but as time presses on I to need things from time to time.. Killing the spawners, no, it's useless, of course unless you really need a flashlight. They might have yet to learn the game, and what did you kill them for a rotten kiwifruit and a flashlight... I don't agree with that.

There is a selfish survialistic aspect to the game, which I too can appreciate. I will mostly kill people simply based on a survival standpoint alone, not for the pack or gear (ill take a peek don't get me wrong).I like the idea of urban style warfare in this game, should you meet up with some people that are into keeping the peace amongst the group.. I just don't know since it's so easy to kill off people, and so simple to die in general the only thing to do is kill things that move. My life or yours, if I'm packing heat you die..

By the way, what's with the handcuff's i've found, can I cuff people to stuff? would they just be a prisoner? would they starve if i cuffed them? how awesome would it be to be able to interrogate people? cuff them to a metal post and throw an apple and water bottle at them every few days? ha ha, sick, nah it's the game, it's in my head. How about cuff them and drag them along with some rope, maybe tie them off to a tree unitl they decide to talk about there people's stronghold punching them and then a bandage or w/e after a little bleeding.. good times.. This to me is why the game need people to need people. If you can stay healthy by yourself, that's cool, but there could be bounties paid for other clans top dogs be it in meds, water, clothing, car's when implemented... So many diversities left to discover. This will surely keep me playing for days month's potentially longer... Keep it real out there fello survivors, if you run into Capt. Beefsteak on the SA, wave first!!

I do not trust people that can shoot me. If you have no weapon, or it is away, I will trust you, otherwise I will try to say stop and dont move, or you die. If they cooperate, they live, Im just covering my ass.

I have run into a heap of people, and only 1 has tried killing me. He fired about 15 rounds from his M4 and missed all but twice. Then we stopped and tried to converse but I died later on.

I always try to be friendly, anyone I happen to run into I press capslock and announce 'friendly! dont hurt me!' but hide behind doors just in case they try anything funny. Today I met a guy in Elektro with nothing at all, just the T-shirt and jeans. I must've scared him off with the axe I was carrying...

It is hard to believe but there are friendlies out there. 

Not everyone treats the game as a just a shooter.

• Like 1

Friendlies are out there, they just tend to play more carefully so you wont see them so often, especially on the coast or in the northwest.

Everyone I've met so far has killed me.

Remember me, Mr Fryer? Mittenwald, 1991. I never forget a face. For twenty-two years I remembered yours. Looks like your paymasters don't need you any more.

Only one thing lasts forever, Mr Fryer. DEATH. You'll find that there's a queue of people just waiting to pay you back. It so happens that I'm in the lead.

Remember me, Mr Fryer? Mittenwald, 1991. I never forget a face. For twenty-two years I remembered yours. Looks like your paymasters don't need you any more.

Only one thing lasts forever, Mr Fryer. DEATH. You'll find that there's a queue of people just waiting to pay you back. It so happens that I'm in the lead.

I don't know what your talking about...

Moving along, I found the end of the map.. Still have no bullets, Plenty of food and water.. multiple cantines for those who end up freindly in need of a drink.

I've tried to avoid players that are along the coast as they are the ones with A:Gear and WILL kill on sight or B:Nothing to lose and will also try to kill on sight. I've found that moving further to the North and clearly declaring friendly if you see someone will tend to avoid firefights(running straight for them with an ax out may get them jumpy on the trigger finger i know irl if someone was running at me with an ax I would be scared), and may even end up in a nice trade of supplies.

Also another note. If your approaching a military base/structure or are in the direct vicinity of one, be very cautious because every time I seem to go to one and see somebody they tend not to be very friendly.

But yes there are those of us that are friendly out there. The main problem is finding us as we tend to be more cautious of other players.

You need to stop playing as the black guy. 

lolz...

Why does everyone I run into kill me?

u09lVlj.jpg             <<<<<<<<<<<<<< IF you looked like this... I don't blame them :D

Don't know if this has been suggested, but you could try and find a smaller server. I decided to play on one to learn the ropes. There hasn't been more then 12 or so people on at one time and it usually averages around 8 or so. Only time I bump into players is around military bases, which is to be expected.

I play as a white dude because I am a white dude, but it shouldn't matter either way. Discrimination based on race or gender in a Video game shouldn't really exist.. I bet under real circumstances should anything colapse the economy or go catostrophically wrong, you wouldn't care what color/gender the person was helping you.

Day 2....

Yes, military bases.. That's the last place i was killed.. I'm still alive, however I know the only way to aquire a clip(the last time i had one) was at a military base... I have an m4 with bullets and no clip like I mentioned above and I'm very skeptical to go to a military installation for that very reason.. I found myself more nervous than ever with this character because he is now two days old. I've managed to get sick and get heathy with this guy. I went from gray to color like the freakin wizard of oz this time. The last thing I want to do is die.

I know about the lower population servers, that's where I usually hang out.. It's so funny how cautious I've become when coming up on towns, I make myself laugh. I go full axe commando.. Creeping through the building in the ready stance with my axe. Feels very special op.. for a can of beans. Speaking of beans, the player gets hungry and thirsty, but he must have one hell of and intestinal system or only takes a poo when I log off.

I guess at the end of the day maybe it's better to be unseen, rather than have a gun bullets or clip.. When you have an axe, your pretty good to go when it comes to the biters.. But people, people aren't AI, they can call out from behind a bush with a threat and you won't know where they are, or if they are bluffing.. Even on the low population servers I get the "willies" and am constantly looking over my shoulder. I don't know how long it takes to go east/west or south/north fully but I did find where the end map is, (however keeping it "sandbox true"  means you can still explore out there with nothing to gain) but no boundry was found before i realized "I don't wanna go to far out here and lose my bearings and starve or something dumb"..

All In all it's alot of fun, other than becoming pretty attached to this character (he will probably die tonight while looking for a clip) which never usually is good. It's like walking dead, in that, you become attached or they really start to become the hero, then poof the light's go out.. When this guy dies I will again be frusterated with game, I just hope it isn't another player that kills me.

I interact with people if it doesn't put me in any danger. Anything that forms a potential danger I either avoid or kill. Survival of the fittest. I do anything to stay alive in DayZ. A lot of people look at this from a real life perspective but you can't tell how you would be like in an apocalyptic scenario, if you're starving (something few of us ever experienced) in a world with few supplies.. and it's either you eating that can of beans and living or some other dude, you might kill for it. Most likely I wouldn't tho, I'm not insane. :D But in the game, hell yeah I would. Staying alive.

It's good we got so many friendly's though, I've only been robbed from my blood .. but had my squad nearby and shit went down.. ;P

I've never been robbed, well, I was killed and they took my stuff but not robbed and let live... I guess this is a murder/robbery lol...

I'm not a KOS player, but in a military installation with your gun out chances are you're going to get popped if you're spotted.  

The trick is to make sure you see them first, and never interact with somebody unless you have the advantage. My mod character has 450+ days survived, and while the vast majority of that was me not playing a lot of it was in game, running routes in the east every day with the occasional NWAF trek. 

Usually I find you will never come across friendly players because they will avoid situations that could result in K.O.S. 

I had a friendly character a while back in the mod that lived for 263 days (my god I raged when I died), and I got that far by playing as real to how I would react in real life as I could. I would stake out looting spots thoroughly before going in and spent a lot of time building a small camp stocked with ammo and food. 

Position is everything. If you take a look on FrankieonPCin1080p's videos you will see what "positioning" means. You are "running" into somebody that's why you are being KOSed.

Edited by CGNoodlePot