Sign in to follow this  
sess130

Info: If wounded make sure to use those antibiotics!

Just in case you didn't know: The sick status atm may be bugged or not implemented fully. So if you become wounded by a zed or player, make sure to clean the wound/bandage with alcohol tincture or eat some antibiotics. You will know if its working when you see a pop up saying 'My wounds look cleaner' or 'My wounds look clean". Next to your character in the inventory menu you should see a 'healthy' status when all of your health/blood/hunger/thirst/sick levels are optimal. If you aren't seeing the message after cleaning your wounds, you most likely need to eat or drink more. See this thread for more info on healing or managing hunger/thirst levels: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/157525-no-hungerthirst-statuses-does-not-mean-you-are-healing-heres-how-you-heal/

• Like 4

Also make sure that you disinfect your rags with spray, and sterilize your water with purifying tablets when you get the chance, to prevent getting sick in the first place! contaminated water from stagnate ponds and also from wells is the biggest form of infection in this game. It just doesn't tell you because its bugged like sess130 said.

I spend a lot of time studying/testing the medicine in Dayz SA.

Also make sure that you disinfect your rags with spray, and sterilize your water with purifying tablets when you get the chance, to prevent getting sick in the first place! contaminated water from stagnate ponds and also from wells is the biggest form of infection in this game. It just doesn't tell you because its bugged like sess130 said.

I spend a lot of time studying/testing the medicine in Dayz SA.

Wow, I didn't know the pond/well water carrying diseases was implemented yet! I've sucked up plenty of both and haven't noticed anything yet, but I'll have to pay more attention. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

Good tips all around. Also, not sure if it helpsas without some form of indicator it is anecdotal evidence, but taking vitamins seems to keep me healthy and regen blood faster. Like I said not sure if true or I'm just lucky.