colekern

No hunger/thirst statuses does not mean you are healing. Here's how you heal.

Note: This is from personal experimentation, so it could be wrong. 

I've seen this mistake a lot, but getting rid of the hungry/thirsty icons does NOT mean you are regenerating health. In order to actually heal, you need to get rid of the hungry and thirsty statuses. Then, keep eating. I mean it. You need to eat 5-8 more cans of beans and some water.

Once you eat enough, you should get a message that says "my stomach is stuffed". Then, when you check your inventory, you should see a "healing" status next to your character where hungry/thirsty normally go, like this:

RTY8XZM.png

That means you're healing. When you're fully healed, you should see this: 

85UC10q.png

So there you go. Healing de-mystified.

Edited by colekern
  • Like 8

Thanks!

... I still need to find a can opener, lol.

There's an indicator for fully healed? Hot damn! That's what I wanted...

On the down side, apparently I am neither healing or healed... Better start eatin'...

your character looks stupid

:P

I will beat you down....

But in all seriousness, I'm still trying to find a camo shirt to replace my hoodie, after that he'll look better.

Thanks!

... I still need to find a can opener, lol.

I found four, bow down.

Don't forget that if you received a wound (from a zed or player) that it needs to needs to be sterilized or you will get sick! It is bugged atm, where the sick icon might not show up until after you eat antibiotics, but you still need them to get to a full healthy state. I'm not sure, but I believe that you won't heal unless you get rid of your sickness too. Good luck surviving!

• Like 1

Don't forget that if you received a wound (from a zed or player) that it needs to needs to be sterilized or you will get sick! It is bugged atm, where the sick icon might not show up until after you eat antibiotics, but you still need them to get to a full healthy state. I'm not sure, but I believe that you won't heal unless you get rid of your sickness too. Good luck surviving!

Wow. This should be more known. Our entire group was sick apparently.

Wow. This should be more known. Our entire group was sick apparently.

Thanks for the beans! Yeah, the sick status might be a bit bugged, but you'll know if you were sick when the pop ups say 'My wounds look cleaner'.  Might also work with alchol tincture or disinfectant spray, but I haven't tried it.

Tested this myself last night, you're right but still wrong--

Just not being hungry/thirsty isn't enough, I sat for almost an hour last night testing this and never regen'ed at all. So then I just went crazy and ate/drank a LOT, never got the full message and never saw 'healing', but I did begin to regen after eating/drinking quite a bit (color coming back, etc.) Eventually I did get a 'healthy' status, but I did regen without ever seeing 'healing'.

So there seems to be some hidden amount beyond just not being hungry/thirsty that triggers regen, but you don't have to be full or seeing 'healing' for it to be happening. I wonder if it's still bugged a bit?

• Like 1

eat too much and you puke and get sick. I am pretty sure you cant eat 8 cans of anything

I was about to report the same as halcyonaus as i took a beating a few hours ago from a zombie lost almost all colour and since i'm better with lot's of eating and drinking everything i find maintaining a full status and i've never had the 'healing' status and my colour is almost back to full saturation... i wonder if it's bugged and not appearing or if healing means something else like getting over a sickness instead of meaning plasma regen... strange!

I can confirm the healing status, at least for my current character. Decided to chow down on a bag of rice, then a bottle of water and some cans of pop. I thought perhaps I needed way more, as no message came up. However, a couple minutes later I was looting a house and happened to notice the healing message... Which then went to healthy, where it has stayed.