franzuu

Suggestion: Rain Ponchos

A rain poncho would go over your clothes and backpack and keep them dry. It Would make sound when moving around. It has a distinctive sound when rain hits it, to put that in though you'd need rain sound for all kinds of surfaces and clothing so that it wouldn't be too easy to pick it out.

camo rain ponchos

kSVwhwv.jpg

clear rain poncho and different color clear ones

[imghttp://i.imgur.com/DMlMV7l.jpg i fked this one up and can't edit it to be correct "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

0cFa1YA.jpg

solid color rain ponchos

CUnRN7N.jpg

Clear rain ponchos would be plain neat to see. Clear material and how the wet texture would look like with droplets running down the surface.

Also when the weather/temperature/wetness system gets improved this stuff would fit right in.

Rain ponchos are different from raincoats.

Other Ideas: ACOG Backup Sights, Pistol Optics additional functionality

Edited by KeelPool
  • Like 15

no.

It is very likely that you would be able to find rain poncho In a realistic apocalyptic world. The only way this is a not a good idea is if the rain (ingame) does not effect your character, and from what I have heard it should effect you character in the way that you can get "sick". What I think you are complaining about the look of the rain ponchos.

Edited by DaTrader

There's already rain coats nubs.

Raincoats cover less, and takes up your jacket slot.

Raincoats cover less, and takes up your jacket slot.

SO FUCKING WHAT ? IS THIS "GET SICK 2013 SIMULATOR" ?

Not a terrible idea, although it might be difficult from a programming point of view (or not - I dunno), as it would cover all your existing stuff. Certainly an idea worth thinking about for the future, though. Have some beans. :)

Edited by Target Practice
  • Like 1

all of those systems are yet to be implemented, and from what I've seen from Rocket's posts, yes, its exactly what this game is going to be.

Edited by KeelPool
  • Like 1

There is no need to attack other users like that. Don't do it again.

• Like 2

A poncho would be an amazing idea just because it would keep you from getting a cold, granted you get a rain jacket and it has 4 slots and rain protection.

Like I said, rain jackets cover less. With a poncho you can have your regular clothes and keep the poncho in your backpack. When its starts to rain you pull it out and put it on. When it stops you take it off so that you don't overheat and start sweating under it.

There is no need to attack other users like that. Don't do it again.

*Attacks Inception*

WHAT YOU GONNA DO NAO ?

Poncho;s  are actually a very good idea, you can keep extra slots with jackets and stuff whilst staying dry and keep your temperature steady.

lol

*Attacks Inception*

WHAT YOU GONNA DO NAO ?

inb4 ban

Great thought though OP. Liking the idea of distinctive rain noises; would maybe make the rain, the dark, and the cold a little more inviting and a lot more terrifying. Dare I say it could make it a little more immersive.

Edited by JSparks

When they add body temperature mechanics to the game from overheating, rain, dampness, wind etc. it will be great. I just wish there was more to the different pieces of clothing other than their camouflaging ability/looks, number of inventory slots and the negligible protection they provide.

• Like 1

I'm all for poncho's if they haven't been developed yet. Good idea

Prevents cloths getting wet and perhaps it helps maintain body temperature.

Ponchos (raincoats) in multiple colours and patterns. I know it's gonna be a bitch to make but it has to be ingame to protect one from rain and stuff.

poncho1.jpgponchofront450.jpg10630024a--54842.jpg

Definitely yes.

Edited by h3l1x

Love the camo/od green ponchos

edit: damn I posted this 2 years ago. I recently bought a coyote tan poncho, LOVE it, want to see it in game.

Edited by HELLWOLF