Sign in to follow this  
McOni3

Nearly impossible to play

It is currently nearly impossible to play the standalone due to the fact every server is full.. why they didn't allow custom private servers beats me, cause its obvious this would happen with limited servers with only 40 available slots. sometimes developers even though they're trying to do the 'right' thing, end up doing the worst.

On another note, the current build is actually fun (when i can play) and a good job has actually been done

There currently is a server browser issue we are in contact with steam to find out whats going on. As for servers being full we have another 120k of slots opening up soon.

It all known and is being worked on as we speak :-)

• Like 2

How can I run my own server?

We want to allow private hosting, which includes passworded servers, but we are finalizing changes to our database that will allow us to run a little data instance just for that server. This gives the best of both having a database and having a private community, without those private communities affecting the main database.

Like everything else that is/isn't in the Alpha, there's a reason for it. They're not withholding the server files for shits and giggles, they're just making sure that releasing them won't bork the main hive. It's the sort of thing you can't really test properly for until it's actually out in the wild with tens of thousands of players active. :)

Hello there

As the others say, we are aware and taking steps. Please be patient!

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

There currently is a server browser issue we are in contact with steam to find out whats going on. As for servers being full we have another 120k of slots opening up soon.

It all known and is being worked on as we speak :-)

Hello there

As the others say, we are aware and taking steps. Please be patient!

Rgds

LoK

Thanks for the updated info guys :) look forward to playing again soon. great job on the release though, not nearly as bad as people are making out.

It is currently nearly impossible to play the standalone due to the fact every server is full.. why they didn't allow custom private servers beats me, cause its obvious this would happen with limited servers with only 40 available slots. sometimes developers even though they're trying to do the 'right' thing, end up doing the worst.

On another note, the current build is actually fun (when i can play) and a good job has actually been done

Every 30minutes i keep seeing loads more empty servers open up on the browser, be patient and ye shall succeed :p

Hi there.

I hate to say this, but I bought the game 48 hours ago, and STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND A SERVER.

I don't mind the bugs, I don't mind the glitches and bumps in the night that an Alpha presents. I do however find it a little hard to reason to myself why I paid 30 USD and can't actually play the game.

Please, bring more servers online. I have no problem with an Alpha, I do have a problem with a game I can't physically play due to lack of servers... it isn't like there is an offline mode here guys. ;)

Truly hope things go great for the team, from what I am following online.. it certainly looks that way.

Hi there. I hate to say this, but I bought the game 48 hours ago, and STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND A SERVER. I don't mind the bugs, I don't mind the glitches and bumps in the night that an Alpha presents. I do however find it a little hard to reason to myself why I paid 30 USD and can't actually play the game. Please, bring more servers online. I have no problem with an Alpha, I do have a problem with a game I can't physically play due to lack of servers... it isn't like there is an offline mode here guys. ;) Truly hope things go great for the team, from what I am following online.. it certainly looks that way.

Can't speak for the whole time, but there's an ongoing issue with the servers at the moment that's a problem on Steam's end. That's why you can't get online at the moment.

Edited by Target Practice
  • Like 1

Great experience in the game so far! Keep it up! And for the server issue it's NP for me. It's bedtime in Sweden now! ;)

this happens every time I buy a big game release.

They boast about selling so many thousand copies then I can't even join a server.

I hope it gets fixed and appreciate the developers saying so.

UK Servers have all been stuck on constant 40/40 last 2 nights cannot play the mod. Surely for every 40 people who buy the mod in each region a new server should open. This is obviously not happening. I would love to know the ratio of players to server slots. I expect it is about 10 to 1. Alpha or not, an always online game should have available servers. Otherwise build in a single player 'practise' mode to allow people to learn the game when they Can't play. SIMPLE

Edited by AgentNe0

I don't get why people who is all about "playing the game" buys it in alfa. 

I really hope the game devs don't care whatsoever about the players. 

That said, some noobs like myself like to see games with great potential grow :), never had anyone to play mod with so never bought it.