r4z0r49

DayZ 1.8 Feedback

Overall, this patch puts dayz in a really good state with a few bugs. I like the new drink system a lot. I usually just went soda to soda with no issues, and now dehydration can happen (it might be a bit too rapid a rate, not too sure yet). However, I do have two main issues both with zombies. Their attack radius is either too long or bugged. It really makes any town completely not worth going into. I can work with their high damage output, but the range is too much.

Another issue for me is zombies spawning in a line behind me as I run. Every few seconds about 10-15 feet behind me a new aggroed zombie spawns in. This can lead to me being chased by 30 zeds or so.  >:( And Borges post before mine, I have the same issue. It is a bit drastic.

This overall is a great step in the direction for dayz  :beans:  :beans:  :beans: . Good job all, just keep it up.

Overall, this patch puts dayz in a really good state with a few bugs. I like the new drink system a lot. I usually just went soda to soda with no issues, and now dehydration can happen (it might be a bit too rapid a rate, not too sure yet). However, I do have two main issues both with zombies. Their attack radius is either too long or bugged. It really makes any town completely not worth going into. I can work with their high damage output, but the range is too much.

Another issue for me is zombies spawning in a line behind me as I run. Every few seconds about 10-15 feet behind me a new aggroed zombie spawns in. This can lead to me being chased by 30 zeds or so.  > :( And Borges post before mine, I have the same issue. It is a bit drastic.

This overall is a great step in the direction for dayz  :beans:  :beans:  :beans: . Good job all, just keep it up.

Both issues should be resolved in the next patch.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/198074-rolling-changelog-182/

Thanks for the feedback guys.

There's no fix for the exhaustion bug in the changelog.

Because this is nothing we control, it seems to be related to the Beta-Update. We don't have a fatigue-system in place.

Because this is nothing we control, it seems to be related to the Beta-Update. We don't have a fatigue-system in place.

I see

I've noticed the exhaustion bug in both servers running 112555 and 103718.  103718 was the beta patch used for 1.8.0, right?  Just wanted to mention that in case it means anything.

I've noticed the exhaustion bug in both servers running 112555 and 103718.  

This is true. Playing 103718 now and still there.

Well it was fun.

After about 2 weeks of intensive play I must say I do not want to play the game anymore. For two reasons:

1. The amount of food required is insane. Like I remarked before, it is way out of proportion and there is no 'energy' reserve. Again, today I ate a full cow, sheep, goat and two boars. Add to that about 10 packaged foods and I was still - hungry. This was within 4-5 hours of play. This drops a lot of fun in the game for my only concern becomes gathering food, of which I can not hold enough in a ALICE pack for a day.

2. It's too tame taking. This however is my problem, not the game's. I was spending way too much time playing it and not doing things that were more useful. So consider this a compliment for the game!

Again, I had a lot of fun. Alone and together with others. In the end, I went to stary in bright daylight to see if I could do a suicide run but encountered a bandit (desert camo). So what better way to go than fighting a bad guy? I took him out, and an other one appeared. Zombies were aggro'd too now. The other was aiming for me. After a few evasive rolls I got him too. But now was being attacked by zeds. Apparantely, a 3rd bandit was somewhere else too who eventually finished me off. All in all, great game. If the amount of food needed would be more like in the SA (where one can store 'energy' and not just stomach contents) it would be almost perfect!

• Like 1

1. The amount of food required is insane. Like I remarked before, it is way out of proportion and there is no 'energy' reserve. Again, today I ate a full cow, sheep, goat and two boars. Add to that about 10 packaged foods and I was still - hungry. This was within 4-5 hours of play. This drops a lot of fun in the game for my only concern becomes gathering food, of which I can not hold enough in a ALICE pack for a day.

If this is your biggest concern, than I am happy to annoucne that this has been changed with the next patch. Only time can tell, but we have changed one or two things about the system, which shouldn't give you these problems anymore.

Food isn't that big of an issue. 4-5 cans of food and i'm no longer hungry for quite some time.

Edited by Borges

in 1.8.1, my character has asthma now. Every step I take my guy starts breathing really hard and my crosshairs take a solid 30sec to a minute to close. If I sprint more than 3 steps, or go from prone to crouch, or move at all, he starts wheezing and my crosshairs stretch across the screen. The mod is not even playable any more.

• Like 1

in 1.8.1, my character has asthma now. Every step I take my guy starts breathing really hard and my crosshairs take a solid 30sec to a minute to close. If I sprint more than 3 steps, or go from prone to crouch, or move at all, he starts wheezing and my crosshairs stretch across the screen. The mod is not even playable any more.

We are aware of that and looking into it. Thank you for reporting

Duplication is still possible, and it's easy to do. It's a little more difficult than before and requires a small bit of persistence, but I've been able to replicate my character several times in the span of only a few minutes. Please look into this -- it's a really, really old bug that's been plaguing DayZ for ages.

Duplication is still possible, and it's easy to do. It's a little more difficult than before and requires a small bit of persistence, but I've been able to replicate my character several times in the span of only a few minutes. Please look into this -- it's a really, really old bug that's been plaguing DayZ for ages.

Please do send any information that makes it possible for us to reproduce in a private message to me. Do not post it on the forums publicly.

Thank you for your help.

Please do send any information that makes it possible for us to reproduce in a private message to me. Do not post it on the forums publicly.

Thank you for your help.

Right, let me know if you received my message that I just sent to you. I personally know of others that are duplicating, so it's obviously a fairly widespread issue.

Edited by Ransurian

This is a load of rubbish. Crouching and prone have always had the same effects as for seeing over 1km again rubbish. Outside of 200 meters the zeds do not exist to you.

But thanks for the feedback :-)

That's completely wrong, on several occassions while travelling I could see a zombie running at me full speed from a kilometre away.

Well not much point trying to argue with you. Take a look at the code anytime.

Zombie_findtargetargent << any target above 200 meters is removed.

player_zombieCheck << is the sight and sound array limited to 200 meters.

That's completely wrong, on several occassions while travelling I could see a zombie running at me full speed from a kilometre away.

LOL, is this a serious post, or are you trolling!?  I can't even tell!  A kilometre?  I think you need to get your eyes checked out.

LOL, is this a serious post, or are you trolling!?  I can't even tell!  A kilometre?  I think you need to get your eyes checked out.

I'll post a youtube video soon, then you can check for yourself. And a kilometer was just to show you how far they see you from, it has to be more than 200 metres, and if it isn't it certainly feels more.

I don't quite get what you're saying.  You're saying it wasn't a kilometer?  I guarantee it's nowhere near a kilometer.  Often times you can't even see objects that far out due limited visibility from haze or fog.  You'd have to be looking through a scope or binoculars to clearly make out a zombie at that range.  I've driven cars, fired LMGs and landed helicopters closer than 1Km to zombies without aggroing them.  It just doesn't happen.  Does the video show it go from idle to aggro and then make it's way all the way to you?  If not, it could have aggro'd on another player you didn't see or something and just have been running in your direction.

Not sure if this is the right topic, so mods feel free to move.

Hi, thank you for reading this. The game and server *UK410* are great, however today I was very disappointed.

After driving around on my bicycle I decided to hide it not far from Krasnostav (inside boundries). I remained seated on the bike and logged out. After logging in 10 minutes later, my inventory and secondary inventory were wiped! I had my guns, toolbelt and backpack - those were unaffected.

I tried looking around the area I logged out of to see if maybe my body is there (somebody mentioned the game can duplicate it if your inventory is erased) but to no avail. Logged in / out 2 more times but also with no result.

This was friday 27th around 14:45. I am disappointed as I lost:

2x STANAG mag
Whole blood and transfusion kit
Morphine
Cooked mutton
(Empty) Waterbottle
Ductape
Smoke grenade
3x bandages and 3x wipes
2x M9 mag

and maybe more I can't remember.

So is there a way to get my stuff back? And why did it happen?

You will have to contact the server-admin, as there's nothing we could do about that.

So this is a pure server issue, not a game-bug?

I have not heard of any character saving problems on the hive lately. Is the server you're talking about publichive?