at110

My CD key was stolen. What now?

Well my CD key was stolen and now I am globally banned. How do I get a new CD key so I can continue playing DayZ?

No, your CD key will not automatically work with a new copy, but I'm sure google can help you figure out the rest.

If you brought it on steam, can't you hit up BEye to unban you because it was stolen?

If you brought it on steam, can't you hit up BEye to unban you because it was stolen?

Battleye can't help with stolen cd-keys.

Apparently, the OP downloaded a software that stole his cd-key.

Battleye can't help with stolen cd-keys.

Apparently, the OP downloaded a software that stole his cd-key.

I'd rather think he got banned and now he is claiming it was stolen...to many contraries in the post.

When your key is stolen, you get an error, not a global ban. You were banned for hacking/scripting. Good day, sir.

Sure. But, there's always the possibility that it got stolen, sold then whomever bought it got banned on that key. Always a chance. Either way, you're screwed and will have to buy a new key regardless.

Please Help I was I got told to get a bybass to help my friend he died and he a hole bunch of stuff and so I tryed to spawn some stuff then my CD-Key was stole is there away I can get it back??

*Tries to hack game, gets scammed, asks for help on official forums*

• Like 1

In fairness some of the "hack" Programs can be very useful diagnostic tools on a local (not live Not BE enabled server) however some of them are just key stealing tools which switch your UID or CD key HEX in your registry files to known banned ones, they then sell your still valid CD Key to someone else for cheaps...

IF this is the case you can uninstall and reinstall with your original CD Key and it will work until the hacker uses the same cd key or sells it... then you will have a conflict and BE will likely ban the UID for the "good" key.

Long story short you have to buy another CD Key.

HOWEVER you only have to uninstall the game (keep you character and user settings/files (it's an option in uninstall) and re-install it with the new CD Key.

I originally got the game and DL'd it through Amazon because I'm such an old man the last time I was into PC games Steam didn't really exist... or was JUST starting... Now they don't sell it anymore, so I got another key (a couple actually (multiple separate characters)) through steam and installed using the Amazon files and the Steam CD Key.

You can check to see if you got switched by doing a backup of your registry files for arma first (saving them to your desktop) and then comparing them before and after reinstalling the SAME key you THINK got banned. If it really got banned then the before and after hex keys will be the same, if you got switched you will have a different hex code in the backup you make before uninstalling...

This is also how you can quickly switch between multiple accounts... you back up the Registry settings for one clean install, then uninstall, reinstall, and back up the 2nd Registry settings under another file name... then when you want to switch between Accounts you just double click the registry settings you've saved. They update and the next time you launch the game you are playing with the other account.

I frankly think it sucks that DayZ nor BE give you any real tools to debug/check things yourself.... I wish they had a suite of tools that admins could use OFF LINE on a local install so they could test a server upgrade before running it and risking F ups.... I'm new to BE and Server Admin'ing though so I may be missing something.

[Cliffs Notes]

You are screwed likely no matter what, uninstall (don't delete your character/user files/settings) re-install with a new CD Key.

• Like 1