DMR Sniping, The REAL mill dot ranges?

Hey Guys,

So i really like the DMR its a excellent weapon in my opinion but damn is sniping hard,

I know that the range formula is R=(h*1000)/m but once i have the range what mill dot represents what range seeming as the DMR does not have zeroing,

i've checked dayz wiki and dayzDB but both say different ranges, which one is correct?

http://dayzdb.com/database/dmr

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/DMR

WTF???

Please can somebody help me out i've googled this and still cant seem to find a solid solution.

Mark 1: 400m

2: 500 m

3: 600 m

4: 700m

And the last dot is at the black bar of the scope which is 800 m. Shorter range than 400 m you do not need to care about the marks, just aim at the head and it should hit close to where you shot. GG.

Thanks guys knew i could find help here :thumbsup:

Thats a great resource but missing any info on the cz550.

i have to correct myself.

i tried it myself on a range course now. the DMR ingame is zeroed to 300-350m when zoomed, about 200m when not zoomed. that does not make any sense at all.

a physical weapon is zeroed to one range no matter if it is zoomed or not, everybody can proof this with a pencil and a piece of paper.

i kept my trials practical, so i dont do decimals on my mildots. aim at center of mass and you will hit.

ZOOMED:

350m : CENTER

400m : first mildot below

450-500m : second mildot below

600m : third mildot below

Edited by Sturmgeist

The tables I posted have the correct distances, they also show you how to use the mildots to measure the distance to your target.

anybody got enough insight in the arma engine to know why the zeroing zoomed is not equal to the zeroing unzoomed?

if i have no massive bleeding in my brain, this is not possible with a physical weapon.

• Like 1

Yeah I feel the same... Maybe the x hairs stay stationany while you zoom. The zoom is a extraordinary effect that you can't do by yourself or with a scope (minus being able to adjust the zoom of the scope which I have not seen in this game) if I was to guess at the logic used this would be my answer. X hairs stay where they and you just increase your view (zoom). So when zoomed your x hairs in the engine would be lower than what is represented on screen.. Thoughts? - first post!

Also if you change your field of view it changes the zeroing too i think

I believe it depends on your aspect ratio and FoV settings. The best thing to do is download the shooting range custom map for A2/OA and figure it out for yourself. And, no, the mildots are roughly evenly spaced and therefore cannot represent equal distances (see the acog m16 scope to see what equal distance crosshairs look like).

A bullet falling is under acceleration due to gravity and travels in a parabolic arc. That some people could assume evenly spaced dots on a scope would represent equal distances is a testament to the failure of our math and science education in the U.S. if not elsewhere.