Sign in to follow this  
paratus

The Asylum introduces THE HUNGER GAMES!

We have a new server online which is quite unique, and finally DayZ is about survival again.

This server, called Hunger Games (filter for Asylum) resets every day at midnight EST. You also only have one chance at survival. If you die, you're done until the next reset.

At each reset, we log the "winner" of the hunger games. This winner is determined by number of player kills (and zombie kills if there's a tie for first). The winner must also still be alive!

A history of all winners is available on our website. If you do well and survive, whether you win or not, you can gain "sponsorships" and the next day you play you can start with some helpful items. You can find the website at www.dayzasylum.com; if you've died in the games, drop by our other server, US #01. Our other server is standard DayZ with the added system of building construction!

Let the games begin!

Edited by Paratus
  • Like 1

Sounds real cool but the name puts me off..

Avoiding something potentially quite a lot of fun because of the server name? To each their own, I guess!

I find it nice that DayZ is about survival again.

I'll come in!

Edit: What a shame, ping kicked!

Oh well, good luck with your server!

Edited by Mayuyu

Avoiding something potentially quite a lot of fun because of the server name? To each their own, I guess!

I find it nice that DayZ is about survival again.

Never said I was avoiding it but surely there can be something better or more clever but that isn't for me to decide. It really does sound cool and I might try it out.

I like you are trying new things when it comes to dayz servers, but the one a day reset puts me off and will cause performance issues.

Performance issues? Did you mean to say performance enhancements? Keep in mind that not only does the server reset once a day, but players only have one life. This means a life is more valuable and the server won't get cluttered with a dozen bodies from a single player. Thus, it could run for days before getting noticably slowed.

We have the stats online now at www.dayzasylum.com with a LOT more cool statistics to come.

New sponsorships!

If you do well one day, and survive, you may receive helpful gifts when you begin playing the next. The "sponsor" items improve the better you do the prior day, but no weapons will be provided.