Sign in to follow this  
IJoeGamer (DayZ)

BATTLEYE CLIENT: INITIALIZED 1.170 (KEEP GETTING KICKED)

Posted Yesterday, 07:42 PM

"BATTLEYE CLIENT: INITIALIZED 1.170" appears when i try to join any server. It kicks me before i even get into the lobby. i HAVE installed battleye manually but it did not work.

MANY people have this error and it needs fixing(some how). If anyone can get my dayz working again i will be very very very very greatful.

If you have Arrowhead on steam, use the "reinstall battleye". Seems to fix it for my technology illiterate friend.

If you have Arrowhead on steam, use the "reinstall battleye". Seems to fix it for my technology illiterate friend.

it comes up with !!!string missing. what should i do?

battlewank, useless as always.

tried 10 difference servers, keep getting kicked for some script resctriction bullshit, meanwhile battewank is allready updated to v1.170

battlewank, useless as always.

tried 10 difference servers, keep getting kicked for some script resctriction bullshit, meanwhile battewank is allready updated to v1.170

they need to get rid of battlewank :)

I've had a nightmare this evening with this problem, curiously only on my laptop, my other machine seems to be v1.170 without a hitch. Let me explain how I solved my problem though.

Steps to Manually Update Battle Eye Client DLL

1. Visit the battleye site and download the latest client DLL (http://www.battleye.com/download.html) - Yes I know this says v1.62, but ignore that the DLL you get is "BEClient.dll" and its the first link there with a current hash (BE Client for Windows (32-bit) - MD5: 71afa956d12a523878d674b8fa7d7988).

2. You need to move this into the folder "Expansion\BattlEye" wherever your game is. I play through steam, so my game is in:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye"

I take a copy of the BEClient.dll already there (just in case) and copy this new downloaded DLL over the top.

3. I run the game under stream as Administrator once (this step is not needed, strictly speaking, but I do it just in case).

4. Run DayZ up again, when you connect to a server and are in the lobby you will see the server message "BattlEye Client Initialised v1.170..."

Trouble Shooting

1. Spotting a bad installed Client version:

• Connect to a server, and wait in the lobby - pick a place 1 - 40 but do not press "OK".
  • Watch the bottom left, you will see the message (in grey) "BattlEye Client Initialised v1.169..." (or an earlier version).
  • You will see the server say: "BattlEye Server: Requires Client version 1.170... Updating"... (or an other version) and this will fade away...
  • You can try to connect to a server now, but after taking a few steps you maybe disconnected with the message "BattlEye Client Failed to Update", this means you need to update manually as described above.

2. Spotting a bad BEClient.DLL Download:

• When you visit the BattlEye site to download the DLL you will see a string of characters labelled "MD5 hash", this is a unique code identifying the DLL you just downloaded.
  • You will need an MD5 checker to check the file (http://download.cnet.com/MD5-Checker/3000-2092_4-10410639.html).
  • Select the file you just downloaded into just such a tool.
  • Select (highlight with the mouse) copy and paste the MD5 hash from the web site into the tool and compute...
  • They should match.

But please beware, there can be fake MD5 checkers out there, which will install who knows what on your machine, so don't just blindly download some program!!! I link the one from CNet only as they are a reputable source - yes they install adware - but generally they're hack & nasty stuff free.

3. Other versions of BattlEye:

• You may find a copy of the BattlEye which originally installed with your game from DVD or via Steam in a folder such as this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\BattlEye this is the copy installed by Bohemia with Arma, rather than the Operation Arrow Head expansion, and I do not recommend touching this in anyway, I've left mine well alone, so should you...

4. Uninstalled BattlEye

• If you have uninstalled BattlEye in some way, reinstall BattlEye before continuing to try and play.
  • Via Steam do this by highlighting the game in your steam library, right clicking and opting to "Reinstall BattlEye client".
  • Stand alone Installers - I've no idea sorry.

5. BattlEye circumvention:

• If you've bypassed BattlEye for some reason - hacking/cracking/personal servers/arma 2/other mods, then I suggest you flatten your machine (the whole thing, back to bare hard drive space) and reinstall to play legitimately before you get switched to within an inch of your digital DayZ life with the global ban stick.

6. "I got banned for changing my BEClient.DLL"....

• I've heard this one before, no you didn't... You can run any legitimate version of the DLL, you just get disconnected from the server if it can't update, or denied connection if its too old.
  • If you got actually banned for changing the DLL, see point 5.