m.w. vindicator

Bandit and Hero Camo

Hacking is a more important issue but....

Everyone knows about the hero and bandit skins (a.k.a towel heads). These are all find and dandy while someone is wearing the civilian clothing but once camo is acquired the system is no longer valid.

What I am suggesting is a hero camo skin and separate bandit camo skin. Obviously ghillie is ghillie so nothing should be changed there.

Possible hero camo skin.

or...

Possible Bandit Camo skin

or...

UPDATE

When I made this topic I actually thought Rocket might want to add these to the mod. Now it seems pointless to do so. Instead I would love to see clothing as loot in Stand alone. Rocket and the 1,200,000 another players in the game agree so Rocket said it will be part of the game (eventually).

So now this thread is based off clothing items that you would like to be able to find. I think clothing should have authentic benefits to wearing it.

For example... A heavy coat would be useful in the rain and snow but not so good in the blazin heat.

Maybe a gas mask (w/ filters) could protect the player from airborne biological and chemical agents.

Hats could keep you warm and prevent sunburn(lol)

Also i don't think birthday suits should be available. They are far too expensive any way.

And boots would help your feet while running the Chernarus Marathon.

What other clothing items would you like to see.

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 14

I actually very much like this idea, Bandit skin 1, i like it.

The only issue I see with this idea is... if they went with Bandit 1, holy crap I'd betray my friends for that hat.

Seriously, I like this idea though, beans given!

• Like 2

I'm really hoping character customization does get set in the standalone game.

Nothing gives me more immersion than owning my character to the way I want him to look, not just some game preset.

For now though, these extra skins would be awesome :) Just to get the ball rolling.

• Like 3

Actually, the third picture (the first one you designate as a bandit skin) would fit better for a hero.

Last one would work great for bandits.

• Like 1

Actually, the third picture (the first one you designate as a bandit skin) would fit better for a hero.

Last one would work great for bandits.

Nothing gives me more immersion than owning my character to the way I want him to look, not just some game preset.

For now though, these extra skins would be awesome :) Just to get the ball rolling.

The only issue I see with this idea is... if they went with Bandit 1, holy crap I'd betray my friends for that hat.

Seriously, I like this idea though, beans given!

I actually very much like this idea, Bandit skin 1, i like it.

Yeah thanks for the input. Sorry I didn't respond. I wrote this right before I hit the hay.

The reason I picked the first two for the hero is that they both have a scarf which is the distinguished feature of a hero.

The third skin is simply badass and could go either way. Or maybe you get that for being the super hero or super bandit (One or other, obviously not both). Once you reach +-15000 humanity you get the awesome hat skin. Whether or not super hero or villian is yet to be determined.

And everyone agrees that the fourth is a great bandit camo.

I'd love that third Camo uniform for a Hero character. But I feel it'd be wrong to actually get such a badass clothing by giving blood or generally being a medic. It should be awarded by KILLING bandits instead. Different Hero skins for different deeds, ya know.

Survivors turn Bandit by killing Survivors and Heroes, Survivors should turn Hero by killing Bandits or hostile Survivors... or by being a medic, albeit for a different Hero skin.

• Like 1

Hero skin 1 and Bandit skin 2 look best for camouflage.

I like this idea, If they dont include a customisation for the game, These skins would do.

Maybe use all 4 as well.

first at the -5000/5000 humanity mark and the second at the -15000/15000 mark. so you can see just how good people are.

AFAIK all those skins are Vanilla Skins which means they cant use backpacks (only DLC PMCand later can, again AFAIK).

So making those skins compatible to use backpacks could use quite some time, while I think that this time would be better used somewhere else to actually further the development of the standalone.

Besides I would rather see actual character customization instead of humanity based forced looks, which basically makes this a TDM Game with friendly fire, full loot and hunger/thirst.

AFAIK all those skins are Vanilla Skins which means they cant use backpacks (only DLC PMCand later can, again AFAIK).

So making those skins compatible to use backpacks could use quite some time, while I think that this time would be better used somewhere else to actually further the development of the standalone.

Besides I would rather see actual character customization instead of humanity based forced looks, which basically makes this a TDM Game with friendly fire, full loot and hunger/thirst.

I don't think it would be too hard to make the skins backpack compatible. BTW is realized this before I posted.

Did you even read. I said hackers are more important... But

Also added customization would be harder to code than adding backpack compatibility. Duhh

Yea, the first Hero skin and frst Bandit are the best and this would be great to have.

I agree with the idea of having camo for heroes and bandits. I really like Option 1 Hero and Option 2 Bandit.

On a side note, the humanity score needs to be higher to achieve these skins. I think it's too easy to look like a hero, but you're really a cold-blooded killer who just gives your buddy blood transfusions.

Besides I would rather see actual character customization instead of humanity based forced looks

This.

Plus i would never wear one of those dinky hats like char 3.

I love this Idea Beans given! Also on my own comment...

I think the Hero 1 is fking beast! And Bandit 2 is totally sick all I would ask is that the signature bandit scarf is implimented with the outfit...

What do you guys think?

I love this Idea Beans given! Also on my own comment...

I think the Hero 1 is fking beast! And Bandit 2 is totally sick all I would ask is that the signature bandit scarf is implimented with the outfit...

What do you guys think?

I don't think rocket will add this to the mod anymore. This suggestion is now based on clothing customization options that I would like to find I in loot during standalone.

For example the hat that everyone is raving about could be a rare item found in a hunter's house or something.

Yes! I agreee.

Think just for a single moment what about the possibility to recognize some friend (or foe) at sight! It would be a nice feature for the SA making team cooperation more easy and real.

• Like 1