GBTP

DMR or SVD Camo?

I don't have the inventory for both, but I really like them each, they do the same damage and have an effective range that is close enough not to make enough difference.

What do you guys think is the way to go?

Completely depends on what you plan to do.

DMR is superior in open combat.

SVD is great when you have a gillie and a sneaky playstyle.

SVD Cammo I'd say but I guess it depends on your play style. Personally I dont bother with the longer range rifles myself as a) I'm not much of a PvP gamer and prefer closer range rifles B) I usually play in groups and normally have team members with DMRs and longer range rifles.

• Like 1

Well the SVD is the rarest sniperifle on the game and its next to impossible to find ammo for but it does look pretty badass with the gun camo and it has a built in range finder, the DMR on the other hand is easy to find ammo for and the gun itself is quite common to find as far as sniper rifles go also you can use it with NVG's at night.

What makes the DMR Superior would you say?

I do have a ghillie suit so the SVD works aesthetically.

But I know they are both rare... and would hate to pass up the DMR if it's generally considered a better rifle

DMR is great if you have the chance of being attacked up close, because of it's high rate of fire.

But if you'll be sniping at a long distance, the SVD is great because it has the built in Rangefinder.

It all depends on preference.

I have a silenced M4A1 so I have cqc covered, I'm leaning towards keeping the SVD for hunting... animals.. or whatever... just seems like a waste to leave the DMR just laying there looking all sexy on the ground...

Awesome, thanks guys!!!

if you play at night, the dmr is the way to go for sure. as someone above mentioned, its the only scoped rifle that works with NVG's having both is a massive advantage.

however if you are never intending to play at night, and you don't have NVG's then the svd is brilliant for lurking

if you play at night, the dmr is the way to go for sure. as someone above mentioned, its the only scoped rifle that works with NVG's having both is a massive advantage.

however if you are never intending to play at night, and you don't have NVG's Range finders then the svd is brilliant for lurking

fixed that for you..

fixed that for you..

Thanks for editing that post Calibre I'm sure agippo appreciates it. But what is your input on my question?

• Like 1

I haven't/don't play PVP so I'm not looking for the best anti-survivor weapon.

I appreciate all of the opinions, it is definitely helping me get a sense of what people like and why.

Edited by GBTP

Thanks for editing that post Calibre I'm sure agippo appreciates it. But what is your input on my question?

I have them both tbh.. I Love the SVD but it's as useless as tits on a bull at night. So my heart says SVD my head says DMR - I just use which ever one takes my fancy at the time..

...my heart says SVD my head says DMR

^^^ Best advice!

DMR no questions asked! Both a two shot body kill. The DMR can be used with night vision, and the ammo it a lot more common than the SVD. Although I would just take the SVD to look badass when I have my ghillie on.

SVD only with special and very rare ammo. You must know how to use this gun. You can't use it with NV. Is NOISY but not that much. Same as M24 etc.

SVD is only good if you have ghilie and lots of ammo. For me better is M107, I like it as second weapon. DMR is more universal, but I like M107 damage. I always walking with assault in hand, and when I meet sniper or danger player, I can easy swap for sniper - M107. No problem with ammo for M107, great damage (one shot kills), range etc.

With SVD you need head shot. It is always hard, when target moving. With M107 you need any body shot to kill.

DMR over SVD any day of the week.

DMR has a bigger clip, common ammo, better in CQC and it works with night vision.

SVD looks cool but the only place you can find ammo for it reliably is in tents.

I prefer the DMR. There is more ammo around for it and it's easier to use, the scope is a bit better. The SVD is cool but I have it in my backpack as secondary main weapon and I don't have a ghillie right now so it kinda doesn't go with my civilian clothing, lol

I know where to always find SVD ammo, but I'm not telling. And I am not talking about finding stuff in tents either. :D

Found a SVD camo sniper rifle once at the NW airfield, but it got eaten by a tent on restart.

Edited by Treehugger

DMR is way easier to find ammo for. the other day I found an as50... with one clip <_<

SVD is the most awesome looking sniper ever.

I dunno man, I really like the H&K SL8