LeYuno (DayZ)

Gentlemen. I present to you: Fritz' Self-Help Initiative

TLDR below.

Reddit link : http://www.reddit.co...t_to_you_fritz/

Dear DayZ enthousiasts. For those that do not know what I stand for, please check my video channel on youtube. In short, I'm a medical player that provides people with needed medical materials, and chuck in a guillie or other special items I come across when traversing the map.

My videos caused my skype account (fritzzefriendly) to be flooded in such a manner that I could not keep up with the requests. Running around like a headless chicken became the largest part of my gametime. On top of that, I only play during a certain timeframe, which ensured that I was enable to help players that were offline when I played. On top of that, I received numerous requests from players that wanted to help with gathering, which I had to deny (it would take out one of the most fun parts of playing as a medic). I started thinking how I could fix this.

At a certain point a US based player needed antibiotics and I set up a tent on a US server in a secure location, put in the antibiotics and handed him the location. I came up with the Fritz' Self-Help Initiative as a result. I have been setting up tents all across chernarus at discreet locations, close to towns and cities where people tend to get in trouble and need help (blood loss, broken bones, etc). These tents are marked in a publicly accessable marker set on the geat DayZmap at DayZDB.com. By deselecting the standard icons you will see the tent-icons on the map. An upcoming video will also show the tents ingame, so you know where to look (some are harder to find than others).

Now, these tents are meant to be public. Anyone in trouble can use them. The next question will be, how about the stuff that people take out? Well, this is where the gatherers come in. If you feel like helping, you can gather some supplies, and head to a tent in the list and look if it can use some filling up. Also, if you have used gear from one of the tents, take some time later in your life to return to the tent and fill it up with gear again so others can be helped out when in need. Look at it as a pay it forward idea.

If you want, you can help expand the network. You can for example set up a tent at the same location, but on a different server. PM me, and I will come to check the tent. If I agree with the setup, I will add the tent and the server to the list. You can also try and find other locations for self help tents, and PM me those too. Keep in mind that these tents need to be close (1-2km) from a town and decently conceiled.

Currently I've been setting up tents only on European servers. I will try and set up tents at the same location across decent US servers as well. If any of you know a good US server that will stay online (I've had US servers disappear on me already), I'm all ears. (pm me here or on skype)

There's no signup on this project. If you feel like helping, just go for it. If you don't want to help anymore, then just stop helping. Nobody is there to check up on you, this projects follows the exact sandbox principle DayZ is based upon. Also, try not to kill each other around the tents, it would kinda defeat the purpose of this idea. On the other hand, you're free to do what you want ofcourse.

The tents are meant to hold ONLY these things:

• Cooked meat
  • Bandages
  • Morphine
  • Antibiotics
  • Compass
  • Map
  • Knife
  • Matches
  • Hatchet
  • (optional) Guillie/Camouflage suits
  • (optional) NVG

Do NOT store weapons in the tents. Putting in weapons would defeat the whole purpose of this network. If you find a weapon in one of the self-help tents, just chuck it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR

• To cope with growing requests for help and timezone differences I've set up a series of tents that hold medical supplies for people in need
  • Anyone can use them
  • If you use stuff from the tent consider coming back later and refilling the tent
  • If you feel like helping out, collect gear and fill up tents where needed
  • Only store cooked meat, bandages, morhpine, antibiotics, matches, hatchet, knife, compass, map in the tent. Optional gear can be guillie/camouflage suits/nvg's, but NO weapons. If you find a weapon in the tent besides the hatchet, chuck it out.
  • Tents are currently only on EU servers, US servers will be next. Open to suggestions (I'm not aware of any good US servers that will not suddenly disappear, which has happened).
  • Try not to shoot people that are using the tent, but ofcourse, I can not stop you from doing that.
  • Use the tents at own risk.
  • If you feel like expanding the tent network, pm me the location of the tent, the server and I will check it out. If I agree, I will add the tent to the network.
  • Feel free to place a tent at the same location on a different server. PM me the servername and the tent coordinates, I will add them to the network.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tent Locations as of today (04 sept 2012)

DE 1998 : http://dayzdb.com/map#set=6822

DE 373 : http://dayzdb.com/map#set=8968

US2419 : http://dayzdb.com/map#set=8969

Remove the standard markers to see the tent icons more clearly.

Tent coordinates in text for those that can't see/load the dayzdb.com map:

DE 1998

• 059-060 (east of NW airfield, under a light-green tree and pitched inside a bush underneath it. this one is hard to find at first)
  • 044-086 (north of pogorevka, under a light-green tree)

DE 373

• 029-067 (north of pustoshka, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 031-097 (north east of zelenogorsk, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 089-109 (north of pusta, pitched on top of the vysoky kamen hill, in a large rock at the top facing south)
  • 129-100 (south of solnichiy, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 116-094 (west of solnichiy, pitched in a set of bushes under the powerlines)
  • 099-089 (north of shakhovka, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 098-055 (west of dubrovka, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 098-035 (east of gvozdno, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 128-026 (west of olsha, on top of the olsha hill, pitched in a set of bushes)

US2419

• 029-067 (north of pustoshka, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 029-063 (north of pustoshka, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 031-097 (north east of zelenogorsk, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 129-100 (south of solnichiy, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 116-094 (west of solnichiy, pitched in a set of bushes under the powerlines)
  • 099-089 (north of shakhovka, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 113-082 (north of dolina, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 098-055 (west of dubrovka, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 098-035 (east of gvozdno, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 128-026 (west of olsha, on top of the olsha hill, pitched in a set of bushes)
  • 042-065 (east of vybor, pitched in a set of bushes) - note, this is an approximate location. need to recheck.
  • 059-060 (east of NW airfield, under a light-green tree and pitched inside a bush underneath it. this one is hard to find at first)

The marker sets are not updates with the tents I have set up in the last two days. I will update them in a few hours.

Edited by LeYuno
  • Like 8

Don't look at it as helping me. Look at it as helping yourself and everyone else. I wish to expand the view on medical care in DayZ.

I just looked up some of the tents and i couldnt find them..(was on both of the servers), i mean the ones west of Rogovo and west of Vyshnoye, i spend some time looking for them but i couldnt find them, are these the exact positions? Or are they just hidden? Anyway its a great idea :D

Ah yes. they are there, but they are pretty well conceiled. The one west of vyshnoye is underneath a tree in the coordinates 057-092. I remember that one because I had a backup tent there for quite some time. It's allways possible that tents didn't load after the server restart, on DE 373 its at 11:10 am if I remember correctly. DE 1998 I'm not sure.

Edited by LeYuno

Nvm i found the one west of Cyshnoye, i thought it was more south but yeah..but there are 2 weps in there.. are they supposed to be there? Don't want to destroy eapons that you might need :/

Edit: on server De 373..forgot to mention it^^

Edited by S1d3w1nd3r
  • Like 1

It's possible that that is an old backup tent of mine :) if it's a bizon and an m9 sd then that is one of my own backup tents. I used to keep DE 373 as a home server. I kinda forgot I had a tent there ;) The one that serves as a self-help tent is on DE 1998 if I'm not mistaken.

edit: I just saw that the DE 373 tents were actually wrong (old tent list). I've edited the set to show the actual help tents instead (new link in OP). I'll have to move them somewhat tonight though, but the location is pretty accurate already.

Edited by LeYuno

Yeah thats it^^ should i put the stuff back in? dont want to steal from your personal stuff, wouldnt be fair.

No you can keep it, the fact that I forgot that the tent was still there should have been a hint that I have another campsite atm ;)

The people that follow me on twitter have seen that I regularly find crash sites as I tweet coordinates after I leave the scene, I tend to keep a bizon here and there with some stuff I receive from people I save, or that I find in tents. If it's in a tent, I don't really need it immediately. You enjoy what you found!

Edited by LeYuno

Nice initiative. I might be able to help, my backup tent network for medics and their bodyguards is fairly extensive already.

Suggestion: you could set up some tents on the TMW's public server (US2419), which is both relatively safe and frequented by people in need of assistance.

I would like to inform you that two new markers have been added to the south east part of the map on DE 373. This will help people getting in trouble in Solnichyi and Dolina/Msta

I would like to inform you that two new markers have been added to the south east part of the map on DE 373. This will help people getting in trouble in Solnichyi and Dolina/Msta

Nice :D just died because i opened a door (?) and i spawned at Krutoy Cap..gonna check it out ^^

Another tent was added in the mean time.

Keep in mind, if you use some things, consider coming back to that tent later on and refilling it so others might enjoy the same items.

If you could use a map service my browser does not refuse to load, I wouldn't mind helping.

We recently fund ourselves a nice and smooth server, obtained the V3S and are currently working on Ural and a Pickup. Afterwards, looting markets for tents shouldn't be an issue, same goes for hospitals.

I think we'll keep our server ID secret though, and place tents on 'foreign' servers. With the new patch, tents should be less buggy, as well.

Another tent was added in the mean time.

Keep in mind, if you use some things, consider coming back to that tent later on and refilling it so others might enjoy the same items.

I've alrdy added alot of morphine to one of the tents..was lucky in one of the hospitals :D

I've been trying to fill up the tent on 373 outside Berenzino. I'm new to tents though and forgot to save it after dumping in a tent, some steaks, and a set of NVG. Whoops. I did make a run to the hospital after that though and found some antibiotics and other supplies to out in there. Hopefully it saved, so there would be two antibiotics in there.

I like your idea and hope it continues to help the community.

Edited by CarRacer

The tent between grishino and kabanino is not there anymore. ave crawled with a broken leg from stary sobor. coordinates 059 060 on DE 373

Edited by mariolicious