peep

Private Hive: Billy Mays Remembrance Foundation |Advanced Whitelist|Custom Loot/Buildings|24/7 Admins|IRC Support|

logochristmas_zps8c07fa74.png

Having been around since July of 2012, the Billy Mays Remembrance Foundation (bmrf.me) is the oldest DayZ private hive still standing. We pride ourselves on being a leader in the DayZ server community, setting examples of reliability with good management on a great backend.

Get Whitelisted: http://bmrf.me/vbforums/register.php (no GUID input required, you will be approved within 2 hours and receive an email confirmation)

Why should I play on BMRF?

While we are by no means the only high quality private hive nowadays, there are a few reasons you may want to choose us over another community, such as:

• A stable home, we've been here since the beginning. We've seen servers rise and fall, leaving players often having to find new homes. We're backed by a passionate administration team and solid funding meaning we're not going anywhere if the mod dies or standalone/Arma 3 are released full tilt. We will only strengthen by supporting these titles.

• An active and dedicated administration team. We are here to cater to your needs, questions, and concerns 24/7. This is usually by means of IRC support. You'll be able to find an administrator throughout all periods of the day on any day of the week, with rare exceptions.

• Extensive logs. We save your character to a separate database table every 30 seconds, and use these entries as a form of character history. This provides us with more information than an admin map can provide, without being prone to the abuse it can create. We use this log to restore your character to any point in time when needed, or to find cheating. In addition, all sensitive data is stored on a separate drive and automatically backed up to a remote server every 15 minutes for redundancy.

• Combat loggers actually get banned. While we do have a few measures within the game to discourage it, we tackle to problem with good old man muscle, responding to literally every report ever made on the forums regarding combat logging. We're serious about it, and combat loggers really do get banned at a higher rate than what any other server seems to be offering at this time. See for yourself: http://bmrf.me/vbfor...Logging-Reports

To go with all our admin nerd muscle, we have a server box located in New York which reflects how serious we are about our servers. It is one of the highest spec machines money can buy:

Two Intel Xeon E5-2690 processors (sixteen physical 2.9ghz cores on QPI + hyperthreading + turbo->3.8ghz)

96 GB registered DDR3 ECC memory

Dual 180GB Intel SSD's

2TB Storage/Backup Drive

40000 GB of InterNAP bandwidth (20 gigabit backend)

Our primary focus is DayZ Chernarus on veteran settings with crosshairs and waypoints disabled. We also have very popular Origins servers due to our exclusive whitelist and the second most popular Wasteland server in the world at the time of this writing. The most popular custom maps are supported, and we've got a custom Minecraft mod pack too. Overall, there are too many servers to list here in detail, but you can find information about them here:

Rules: http://bmrf.me/?page_id=36

Servers: http://bmrf.me/?page_id=31

Useful Information thread: http://bmrf.me/vbfor...ior-to-posting)

To get whitelisted and play on our servers right away, check out the quickstart guide on the front page of http://bmrf.me

If you don't want to give us any ad revenue, all you have to do is make a forum account at http://bmrf.me/vbforums/register.php and after confirming the email sent to your inbox, you'll be able to join our servers.

No GUID input is required, though sometimes the whitelist will require an administrator to approve your account based on numerous factors. This is the case is you get the "you will be whitelisted shortly" message when attempting to join a server, and all you have to do is wait for approval. You'll get an email notifying you of this.

If you're having trouble with the process, this thread will probably help: http://bmrf.me/vbfor...whitelist-works

E9xv0XN.jpg

m00WiRU.jpg

Edited by Peep
  • Like 11

Fair enough, I'm just happy you didn't delete it all together.

Thanks!

• Like 1

This sounds pretty cool, I would love to join. I have been looking for other players to get to know anyway....I'll sign up right after work.

• Like 1

Hey peep, glad to see you on the dayz forums.

Heres a video of us in your server.

PS. I kill you in the end :3

Nice. I notice it is crosshair free...

Hugge, how's your ping from Sweden?

And Peep, if you add server settings and server location to your description I'm sure more people will be interested. I know I am.

Nice. I notice it is crosshair free...

Hugge, how's your ping from Sweden?

And Peep, if you add server settings and server location to your description I'm sure more people will be interested. I know I am.

Ping is 150-170, which is pretty high. But I am surprised how it doesent effect my gameplay.

From what I can see your whitelisting system is based on the player ID. Are you aware of the fact that the player ID can be spoofed easily compared to the GUID?

Edited by leepfrog
  • Like 1

I play on this server all the time, and it's a good one. Thanks for the good work guys. I'm definitely excited about using ST_movement, so annoying getting hung up on stuff. :P

From what I can see your whitelisting system is based on the player ID. Are you aware of the fact that the player ID can be spoofed easily compared to the GUID?

It's not entirely based on that alone, and I don't want to give away exactly how it works.

Edited by Peep

I applaud the efforts done to this server, I may have found a new home server to hang around.

<3

Also as of now the rare bug where sometimes you login and get put in the debug plains with no gear should be fixed.

And I'm glad to see you pop into the thread! I haven't seen your group on in awhile, are you still playing DayZ?

Edited by Peep

I applaud the efforts done to this server, I may have found a new home server to hang around.

I've been there the last three days, I can recommend it. The time setting is a bit off for me, but it does keep me from playing all night when I shouldn't.

Also as of now the rare bug where sometimes you login and get put in the debug plains with no gear should be fixed.

Hi, thanks for having us.

Do you have by any chance have plans on doing automatic server restarts?

Hi, thanks for having us.

Do you have by any chance have plans on doing automatic server restarts?

It's in the works, but we're running some scripts and programs that need to be ran along with DayZ. Some need to be started before the server starts, and some after it's able to be logged into, so simply using BEC's restart function for example isn't an option.

Do the admins play on this server?

They do, but only two of them have any real powers outside of kick/ban (one of them being me). You'll have to trust the admins and hope that they do what's best for the server. We hope we never give you a reason to think otherwise.

Edited by Peep

Server now has automatic restarts every four hours.

We have our own resident programmer who does a great job adding new server functionality that is compatible with our new custom programs to help keep the server healthy!

The server is nice, was starting to have fun with some other guys who moved from another server but a hacker came by and pretty much killed everyone.

I thought you guys had some sort of anti-hacking programs running? This guy was porting around, using god-mod, spawning zombies... Don't understand how he didn't get caught.

The server is nice, was starting to have fun with some other guys who moved from another server but a hacker came by and pretty much killed everyone.

I thought you guys had some sort of anti-hacking programs running? This guy was porting around, using god-mod, spawning zombies... Don't understand how he didn't get caught.

Like any anti-cheat, the system is purely reactive and always one step behind the cheat programs. We do our best to keep hackers out of the server, but we can never stamp them out completely.

I play on this server all the time. I stopped playing on public hives completely.

The server runs great, admins are helpful and prompt. The community is what you truly come for. It's always nice to have people to join forces with, even as a bandit.

I recommend this server highly. I won't be going back to public hives as long as this server is running.