lpcastelow

Dayz 1.7.3 Suggestion - Vehicle Reset

Hello fellow survivors, as most of you are aware vehicles have been resetting all over the place on most 1.7.2.5 servers and that's been quite an annoyance for me and my clan who lost both our cars. Anyway, i was wondering if either vehicles could be reset back to their positions in 1.7.2.4 or all the vehicles just be reset when 1.7.3 is released or if they dayz team can tell, reset the vehicles that have been glitched. I know people probably think 'OMG you obviously hoard vehicles and ruin everyone's fun!' well, both of our vehicles we've randomly come across and we only kept as many as we need (2 cars being that they're 5 of us :)).

I understand that this is an alpha and things do happen i mean i've lost all my gear about what.. 6 times to debugging. I also know a lot of people will get annoyed if this does happen but the vehicles have majorly glitched, i've even heard of cars turning into buses and bicycles after a restart >.< Madness! I also want to know if anyone has been able to keep their vehicles from 1.7.2.4? Because so far from what i've read it seems to have affected most people but if it's only just a few then i guess never mind :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I agree that they should reset all vehicles when 1.7.3 releases since they are bugged atm.

• Like 1

i'd suggest even more - reset vehicles every 3-5** days (on server owners discretion with a tag in serverbrowser)

i found some cars and bikes so far, also some hidden in the forest or far at the side of the map, but searching the borders isn't fun. you just run, chances are pretty low that someone sees you in the middle of nowhere

it would be more challenging if you had to search for them every couple of days - also players who search for a new server don't have to find hidden bases all over the map

or you could make them more unreliable, being damaged over time, needing repairs every two days and when destroyed the respawn somewhere

• Like 1

i'd suggest even more - reset vehicles every 3-5** days (on server owners discretion with a tag in serverbrowser)

i found some cars and bikes so far, also some hidden in the forest or far at the side of the map, but searching the borders isn't fun. you just run, chances are pretty low that someone sees you in the middle of nowhere

it would be more challenging if you had to search for them every couple of days - also players who search for a new server don't have to find hidden bases all over the map

or you could make them more unreliable, being damaged over time, needing repairs every two days and when destroyed the respawn somewhere

vehicles hoarded at camps rarely used as transport. their main purpose in this case is mobile storage. even if they degrade while just standing(it takes shitloads of time IRL) it wont be an issue, reducing vehicle storage capability(i know i not so realistic) might force people actually to use them as a transport, instead of just storage.

• Like 1

Hmm i would say for the vehicles respawning every few days that it should be maybe a bit longer than 3-5 days.. but it should also depend on the vehicle (the rarer vechicles should having a longer respawn time because they are harder to get), i also think that the respawn time after a car is left/broken etc should be brought down a fair bit. As for the cars being more unreliable i like that idea ^_^ Having to maintain your car with spare parts would be pretty awesome :3

There needs to be a total reset.

Yeah i would prefer if all the cars got reset in 1.7.3 but i just put a few other ideas out there :)

vehicles hoarded at camps rarely used as transport. their main purpose in this case is mobile storage. even if they degrade while just standing(it takes shitloads of time IRL) it wont be an issue, reducing vehicle storage capability(i know i not so realistic) might force people actually to use them as a transport, instead of just storage.

Agreed.

This would be a great idea as people mentioned if it could be continuos. One reset for all vehicles wont work; it must be on a regular basis

• Like 2

This would be a great idea as people mentioned if it could be continuos. One reset for all vehicles wont work; it must be on a regular basis

Define Regular? A week?

A total reset please. Reset all cars and items. Vehicles are spread wherever and don't even save. Tents dupe everything including scripted weapons. Which bring little to no challenge to the game.

• Like 1

A total reset please. Reset all cars and items. Vehicles are spread wherever and don't even save. Tents dupe everything including scripted weapons. Which bring little to no challenge to the game.

Starting again fresh would be good :) I'm tired of pulling off planned out missions so there's no risk to us, but there's no real point reset tents until the duping has been solved :/

Ok, so you mean that if I worked some days to fix a helicopter its going to dissapear anyways?

Ok, so you mean that if I worked some days to fix a helicopter its going to dissapear anyways?

Yes. It's alpha.