TheMove

How do you start up a helicopter?

So Ijust found 2 helicopters after never finding one. Couldn't getit to start than some how it worked and I flew to pick up my bro and landed and can't get it to start again.

Any help would be great.

hold down Q.... should make it lift off.... go to arma2 boot camp and learn how to fly before crashing it m8 :D

If you haven't customised your key bindings, it should be by default Q.

Make sure you use auto hover when taking off and landing! :thumbsup: :beans:

bear in mind that the heli will leak fuel (albeit slowly) until it is fully repaired -

hop in the pilot's seat and check your icons on the top left-hand side of the screen. make sure you have fuel, and see if any of the words next to the fuel meter are red - this will indicate what you need to repair. if the heli won't start chances are one or more of the things listed below are broken, or you simply have no fuel.

the minimum you need to get the heli off the ground is:

1 main rotor assembly

1 engine parts

1 scrap metal (to repair the rear rotor)

....and some fuel, obviously.

Look in your options for all the keybindings. You should also look up the keybinding for "auto hover"

Look in your options for all the keybindings. You should also look up the keybinding for "auto hover"

you can also scroll wheel and select auto hover while flying the heli - as the veg man said, definitely make use of auto hover when landing the chopper. turn it off right before you touch down though or it can grab terrain and flip your choppa.

Edited by twitch13

This is what im scared off. If someone steals my medical helicopter i can at least rest knowing some use is being put to it if someone who knows how to fly is stealing it, not someone who cant :/