merrfack

Loot spawn/despawn timer?

I've read things about how people who farm buildings by being x number of meters away and waiting x number of time ect and that all items have to be looted and dropped in a "trash pile" x meters away and things will respawn. However my question is, if say player A was at the barracks or where ever, and takes half the gear, then moves on miles away or whatever. If I get on and raid that same location an hour later and I was a 1000m away before I get to it. Will the items despawn and reset? Or will I be stuck with player A's left overs of what wasn't looted?

Edited by merrfack

If EVERYTHING in the building or set of buildings has been looted, it will respawn.

So in your case, as described, you will get the leftover loot.

If EVERYTHING in the building or set of buildings has been looted, it will respawn.

So in your case, as described, you will get the leftover loot.

No, if an entire individual loot pile is removed, it will respawn ten or five minutes later (with no one around).

Edit: Sometimes it is buggy, and you may run into a barracks (or any building) from a distance away and find nothing. Usually going from the south barracks to the north barracks and back will fix this.

Edited by super cool kid

Let's say there are NO players in 200m range of a building.

Player A gets in 200m range of the building, the house gets assigned to player A because he was the first player in 200m range.

If player A gets closer than 30m, no loot will spawn in this building.

If player A gets more than 200m away from the building, it isn't assigned to him anymore. It will get assigned to a random player in 200m distance or won't spawn any loot at all if nobody is in range.

What you do:

Player A gets in 200m range AND stays atleast 30m away. Let's say 150m.

Player B sits in the building and waits for loot. The loot won't stop spawning unless player A gets closer than 30m or gets more than 200m away.

Timer? Pretty random if i had to guess.

//edit

Tested and used this method many times.

Edited by insitv
  • Like 2

ya its pretty much a mix of what everyone has said here...its pretty messed up still, as if you see on some servers if people find tents they just set them up in towns and start farming :/ hopefully soon this whole loot system gets figured out better

Thanks, appreciate the help fellas.

No, if an entire individual loot pile is removed, it will respawn ten or five minutes later (with no one around).

Edit: Sometimes it is buggy, and you may run into a barracks (or any building) from a distance away and find nothing. Usually going from the south barracks to the north barracks and back will fix this.

When you get in range of the barracks, you get in range of many other buildings (mostly industrial loot buildings). When that happens not every building spawns zombies and loot. If you are unlucky, only the industrial buildings will spawn loot and the barracks will be empty. Just stay away more than 30m and closer than 200m. Wait some minutes and loot will spawn. It's not bugged, it's the way it works.

Of course looting the other barracks in the meantime is a good idea.

Loot HAS to respawn somehow, otherwise a server running for 4-5 hours wouldn't have any items in its buildings. You would have to restart every 1-2 hours depending on survivor count. Could it be implemented differently? Yes. Would players exploit the new mechanic? Yes. Deal with it.

• Like 1