Sign in to follow this  
Blaine (DayZ)

M107 with Backpack?

I killed a bandit last night and took his M107, but when I picked it up I dropped my bag. I was able to pick it up again after and ended up putting the M107 in the bag, but is there any way I could use the gun and still keep my bag on? Any help appreciated :)

Mate, they changed it a while back.. I carry an AS-50 In my pack with an M4A1 CCO SD as a main, and interchange whenever required.. Note, this is with a Coyote Backpack.

Edited by Voodoo

This happened to me once with a SAW I picked up.. Though it didn't look like the other SAW in DayZ and it kept dropping my bag whenever I equipped it.

Maybe with a coyote?

Edited by Cats

Mate, they changed it a while back.. I carry an AS-50 In my pack with an M4A1 CCO SD as a main, and interchange whenever required.. Note, this is with a Coyote Backpack.

I tried interchanging, the weapons switch out fine but the bag is still dropped on the ground next to me

Some of the hacked weapons take the place of your primary slot and backpack slot when equipped. I don't know how, I don't know why, but that is the information that's been floating about the forums.

Some of the hacked weapons take the place of your primary slot and backpack slot when equipped. I don't know how, I don't know why, but that is the information that's been floating about the forums.

Are you sure? Is this just a rumor or is actually true? I know in normal Arma 2 if you have an anti-material sniper equipped you can't have a backpack

You can use the anti material rifles with a backpack. This is a bug unfortunately that looks like it's affecting that particular m107.

Edited by KField86

You can use the anti material rifles with a backpack. This is a bug unfortunately that looks like it's affecting that particular m107.

Bummer. Any known fixes, like maybe putting it in a tent then taking it out, etc?

Allice and Cezch backpack can do the same thing. I have the same set up as you. :thumbsup:

there are different versions of the weapons in arma2 with various attachments. Only specific ones are designed to be used in Dayz, when you script in a non-dayz weapon it'll act as it does in arma2 whichis incompatible with the backpack. This M107 has been scripted in, the hacker got the wrong indentifier for the gun.

there are different versions of the weapons in arma2 with various attachments. Only specific ones are designed to be used in Dayz, when you script in a non-dayz weapon it'll act as it does in arma2 whichis incompatible with the backpack. This M107 has been scripted in, the hacker got the wrong indentifier for the gun.

Bummer. Guess I should find a way to dispose of it or something then...

Stupid hacker spawned himself M107 instead of M107_DZ. Genuine .50 cals and machineguns from Arma2 take up primary slot AND backpack slot, their slightly modified versions from DayZ take up only primary slot to make our lives a bit easier.

• Like 1

I used to carried an As50 TWS in the backpack

I have that problem with my Mk 48, I can't wear a coyote pack with it. ALICE pack works fine, and I like to go with the czech pack + camo clothes + Mk48 because I think it looks cool, but when I found the gun (in a guy's tent) and grabbed it, my coyote pack dropped and actually vanished, so I lost the AKM I had in there, along with all my blood and morphine. Sad day, but still, big gun.

Edit: So you're telling me my Mk48's hacked in? Crap in a hat, I love this thing. Most bang for the inventory space, near as I can tell. I've racked up a couple hundred zombie kills with it, and I love the red dot. It's like an M14 with a 100-shot magazine and the option to panic and spray lead in all directions. Well, I figure I'll be dead eventually, and I just won't go back to that guy's tent and get a new one. Sad.

Why does the hive allow non-dayz gear to persist in people's inventories? Shouldn't it be possible to wipe them all from the hive and from all servers? With the recent bans, I like to think that hackers will be slower to repopulate the community with them, and even if we only delete the ones that were too dumb to use the right identifier, that's sure to be a big chunk of the doucheguns.

Edited by Beez

I have that problem with my Mk 48, I can't wear a coyote pack with it.

I have Mk 48 and a coyote backpack right now, they stack together just fine.

So the only reason M107's and AS50's and Mk48s are in such heavy use is because DayZ rescripted the guns to not replace your backpack?

Da fuq?

So the only reason M107's and AS50's and Mk48s are in such heavy use is because DayZ rescripted the guns to not replace your backpack?

There is no such thing as 'the only reason'.

There is no such thing as 'the only reason'.

Profound.

Let me rephrase that:

M107 and AS50 kept all of the plusses and erased all of the minuses when DayZ's devs rescripted them. The question is, "Why? And where are the bodies hidden? Or are they all just secretly snipers buffing themselves?"

Edited by BazBake