stephen.p.farrer@gmail.com

[Report] Spawned in Wilderness/Debug Forest/Endless Ocean

DEV NOTE:

Character or Equipment resets are no longer done by the dev team. In most cases teleportation is due to running out of date files when triggering certain events in game. Always ensure you check to you have the latest DayZ files AND the latest beta patch for Operation Arrowhead before logging in to prevent issues.

Magnet [/postjack]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuck in wilderness

Ingame name: Farrer

ID: 685249

Ran my way back to the map. no need for reset

I am stuck in the wilderness as well. Tried running south east but now I am starving and loosing blood fast. I would really appreciate it if a admin/dev could reset my location for me without getting rid of my items. I have really good stuff and would hate to lose it all :( Thanks!

Player name - Nugsalad

Player ID - 12681350

There are a TON of people spawning in there today. Earlier today I couldn't even play and tonight.....everyone is spawning in the wilderness. I keep running SE, but there are no trees....if I had trees I could at least cook what meat I do have.

I refuse to accept this as the end to my player. All that stuff....hours of my life. To a glitch.

I'm not going to log back in until I find something else. I've got a friend inbound to me...but I don't think he'll get to me.

stuck in forest

name kevin

id 18872326

i've bin stuck here for over a day and im loseing intrust in the game i dont care if i keep my stuff i just want to be able to play the game.

@sirkev4: If you don't care about your stuff so just hit respawn in game menu. But if you spawned in debug forest (there are trees around you) you only need run east and after cuple of minutes you will find civilization.

@those who spawned in ocean: If you care about your character (not stuff) swim towards land and then go along the coast to the east (right while having ocean behind your back). While swimming you lose most of your stuff (weapons, ammo, supplies). Things like map, compas, watch, hatchet will stay in your inventory. If you are lucky your backpack with all of its contents will stay to (I can confirm that from my own experience).

@those who spawned in the middle of nowhere: Sorry but there is not much you can do. I'm not sure where exactly this area is. If someone with GPS spawned there, please post there your exact position. I tried running SE but after hour I was still in wilderness. You can try experimenting with client versions (dayz 1.6.0.1 vs 1.7.0 and ArmA with/without beta patch) and joining different servers or switching your clothing to trigger this bug once again. On servers with old versions you should spawn in debug forest and from there is a easy way back to Chernarus by going east.

I know there was a thread where admin was helping people who spawned outside Chernarus by manually reseting their position back to coast. But I'm affraid there is too many people with this issue so it can't be handled anymore. But hey, you can always wait for new dayz version which is usually followed by position reset for everyone :P

tl;dr:

- If you don't care about your stuff -> respawn

- spawned in debug forest -> go east (5min)

- spawned in ocean -> swim north, then go east

- spawned in wilderness -> you're most likely screwed -> respawn or 1,5 hours of running towards SE

I am stuck in debug forest and I lost my gear. I did have ak-74 and 4 mags. I just want my ak-74, mags, little food and drink back. And of course away from debug forest.

name: nallepa

player id: 2346182

Stuck in wilderness also

Name: Salmikki

played ID: 10349062

Edit: Fixed myself (I jammed "w" with fork and let it be until I got back to the game area)

Carebears ahoy!!!! Stop whining guys. No one is gonna reset you lol. It's a survival mod - you just don't get it do you? You need to do some surviving. So swim or run until you either survive or die. If you dont wanna lose your stuff you should not be playing this mod. End of.

Carebears ahoy!!!! Stop whining guys. No one is gonna reset you lol. It's a survival mod - you just don't get it do you? You need to do some surviving. So swim or run until you either survive or die. If you dont wanna lose your stuff you should not be playing this mod. End of.

That's funny, because before the forum reset, the mod who was responding to the previous 65 page thread locked it, for the stated reason of dealing with that huge list of players.

And guess what, people were reset in the beginning of that thread.

So resets did happen, and there was intent to do it again. It's thus reasonable to ask for this.

Player ID: 4101318

Name: Mustard

If the location resets are still happening I'm stuck in the debug wilderness. Thanks.

So resets did happen' date=' and there was intent to do it again. It's thus reasonable to ask for this.

[/quote']

There you are wrong my friend. I believe dayz staff might have thought this was possible for a few dozen affected players originally. But imagine now how many people experience this? 100's probably. 95% of them don't go bleeting in a forum about it and asking for special treatment. I am sure the guys running the master DB and everything else have little time to spend on individual player requests. So its pretty damn UNreasonable to even ask IMO. Its the self entitled self important wishtards that feel they are owed something here. Mod is free, mod is alpha, either survive it or esc respawn and move on.

Personally i have swam km's from out at sea to land on the beach far west. I then ran more km's to the western most city. There I saw a soon-to-be-dead flare wielding spawner (not from the sea obviously) who provided much needed beans and water and i survived. I know a guy who spawned in the twilight zone 22km to the west of 0,0. He ran it - he nearly died but he didn't because he had friends.

The co-ords for Debug "fields" = 813,894

The co-ords for Debug "Forest" = 004,116

Have been stuck in both and managed to get out. Forest is piss easy. 5mins running East.

Fields is a whole other ballgame. Better hope you have plenty of food and drink cos its about a 90min run SE.

If you don't know how to read co-ords for Arma2 then research it.

Hitting Respawn button does not always work. Most of time you will just respawn back in the fields / forest but with noob gear.

There you are wrong my friend. I believe dayz staff might have thought this was possible for a few dozen affected players originally. But imagine now how many people experience this? 100's probably. 95% of them don't go bleeting in a forum about it and asking for special treatment.

*facepalm*

Actually' date=' if every post in that thread was a unique report, then about 650 people in the former thread did "ask for special treatment."

Of course, if you worked on your reading comprehension, you might realize that they were not asking for anything special. Before the forum reset, there was an official thread about this issue. The first post was from a moderator, asking players to give their info and proof of their plight, so that they could be reset.

This was not asking for special treatment. A moderator started the damn thread, and offered to help people.

I am sure the guys running the master DB and everything else have little time to spend on individual player requests. So its pretty damn UNreasonable to even ask IMO.
If the devs don't have time for this, WHY DID THEY OFFER TO ADDRESS IT?
Its the self entitled self important wishtards that feel they are owed something here. Mod is free, mod is alpha, either survive it or esc respawn and move on.
Everyone knows that it's a free mod in alpha. The devs know that its a free mod in alpha too. And yet, they offered to help. If they decide that they can't, fine. But it's reasonable to see if they are still willing, especially when they reiterated that intent less than 24 hours before the forum reset.
Personally i have swam km's from out at sea to land on the beach far west. I then ran more km's to the western most city. There I saw a soon-to-be-dead flare wielding spawner (not from the sea obviously) who provided much needed beans and water and i survived.
*golfclap*

If I had only run of the mill stuff, or if I had been using my stuff for awhile, I would just reset. But the thing is, just before I logged out, my friend and I stumbled upon the aftermath of a firefight at Zub, where I got an M4A3 CCO with 4 mags off some poor soul.

That happened about 10 - 15 minutes before my fatal logout. I hadn't even had a chance to use the M4. The next day I spawned in the ocean, my M4 gone. I will most likely NEVER run across that gun again. I don't particularly want to lose the M24 in pack, either.

I could try surviving, but I'm not sure I have any drinks in my pack, and my water was already flashing red due to the human body's known inability to survive without liquid for 18 hours. :rolleyes:

Maybe the devs will change their minds, and tell us nothing can be done. If so, so be it. But seeing as how they themselves offered to address the issue, and said as much not one day before the forum reset, it is reasonable to at least ask if it's still possible.

Now, let's see if you can drop your tough guy BS (which gets really tiresome on this site), and actually understand the situation.

I have the same problem, after server restart I'm in empty fields.

Can someone give me a server name that has visible waypoints.

I have a map and compass.

thx

Spawn changed to ocean after putting on ghillie suit. Please reset to coast near Kemenka. Keep up the good work too. <3

Name: Sopwith

Player ID: 13535942

Tried on a ghillie suit, now stuck in the endless ocean.

Name: MrMoo

Player ID: 11412998

Any help is appreciated!

Stuck in debug Wildlands. Runing to the East for an hour.

Name: Oyo

Player ID: 1104966

Got caps of my gear if you want. M14 and AKM.

Stuck in wilderness after changing the server.

ID:16142022

Name:Burm