Franksimoen

DayZ on pirated ARMA 2

Hello, this may be a little strait-forward but is it possible to use DayZ on a pirated version of ARMA2 and ArrowHead.. I like the way this mod is going but quite frankly don't want to spend 40$ just to play a free mod, otherwise I would donate.

Thanks in advance

- Your perfectly legal friend Frank

As far as I know: No, the game bases it's characters on CD-Keys. You need Arrowhead. (You can just get Arma II Free and buy Arrowhead!) Also combined operations is $30 on Steam and I heard 15$ on Amazon, but I also heard developers don't get money if you use amazon.

Also I ask future posts not to shit on this thread.

Asking Arma 2 devs how to pirate their game.

Why shouldn't they ban you from the servers again?

Because he has no GUID yet and hasn't pirated it. (Yet, if he has.) And I do hope he doesn't plan to.

• Like 1

Not going to give you a hard time. However, it's not possible as the game requires a unique, genuine cd-key for each player. If you even try to connect with the same genuine cd-key you are auto-kicked.

IMO, if you are a gaming enthusiast at all, this mod is well worth your $30 on Steam, money is really tight for me right now and I do not regret my purchase. You can get by with just ARMA 2 Free and OA for $20 but it's worth the extra $10 for high-res textures and less installation headache.

The Amazon.com $15 deal has been dead since Wednesday, not to mention that Rocket specifically asked us not to purchase it.

Not to be a douche, but your want to play DayZ... Fair enough, its very good. Yet you don't want to pay for Arma 2/OA which the mod is based off of and the mod would never exist without. The BI crew have spent years working on OFP/Arma and the Real Virtuality engine to get it to where it is today. Their years of work made this possible.

If you want play the game your going to need to pay for it. The mod may be free, but the engine costed them years. If you are super cheap, buy OA and use Arma 2 free. Be warned that doing it that way is not as designed and you may have to look up some info on these forums to set it up.

Actually i see his point - yes he wants to play DayZ, but he doesn't want to play Arma2 and i actually fully understand these feelings. It's tough to fork over money for a game you aren't that interested in, in order to play something totally different. Having said all that i should point out that i've purchased over 260 items on Steam so far, and i do not support piracy, please don't sue me. Every opinion is valid to a certain degree and i don't see why he should be punished for asking even though it was a rude question (considering the place where he asked), in the end it's still better than going ahead and just doing it.

We have been through this in several threads before, we thank you for your enthusiasm although the only way we can effect change is through proving to games companies we can massively influence their bottom lines and profit margins.

Thus no pirating, it is also rather illegal and Dean is a developer at BIS so to come onto the forum of a project he runs to then suggest pirating his game could be a little rude.

It is worth it as we are putting new stuff in every single day and arma 2 is a good game without dayz we just make it super-fantastic-funbagsofawesome so I'd say its worth buying without dayz

• Like 1

So if i read between the lines of this thread, most players want to play Day-z but not arma.

Day-Z as a standalone game with a full dev team? *falls unconscious from drool dehydration*

On Thursday I had $100 to my name. Now I have $70 and it was worth EVERY PENNY! I plan to donate as soon as finances allow because both teams (arma and dayz) of dev's deserve it

As far as I know: No' date=' the game bases it's characters on CD-Keys. You [b']need Arrowhead. (You can just get Arma II Free and buy Arrowhead!) Also combined operations is $30 on Steam and I heard 15$ on Amazon, but I also heard developers don't get money if you use amazon.

Also I ask future posts not to shit on this thread.

Asking Arma 2 devs how to pirate their game.

Why shouldn't they ban you from the servers again?

Because he has no GUID yet and hasn't pirated it. (Yet' date=' if he has.) And I do hope he doesn't plan to.

[/quote']

I can't wrap my head around how Amazon could be selling the game without any profits going to the Devs, that sounds like corporate pirating to me.

Welp, thanks for the 2 cents.. I only make purchases I deem absolutely necessary because I'm a cheap bastard, lol :P

Cheers

Considering that pirating costs absolutely nothing I can't imagine why you wouldnt just try it.

And before you say it costs time, the time it took to post this thread and get decent answers is about the time a decent connection could get an illegal version.

Coming here asking seems like you are trying to insult the development team.

Can you hear that fellas? That seems to be the sound of an Intercontinental Perma-Ban Missile homing in. Better get our safety helmets while we can.

ok if you don't feel like paying $40 for a mod, you can buy CO on amazon for $15.

and after all, you're not just paying for dayz. arma 2 is an amazing game.

Please no threads on pirating. Show your support by buying the game.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 1