Sign in to follow this  
stealth2668

What happens to us after the stand alone version is out?

Will the updates stop coming once the stand alone version is out, forcing us to buy the stand alone? Or will it be an alternative to those who don't want to buy Arma 2:combined ops? I ask because I mainly bought Arma 2:CO for dayz although i did play through the campaign. The AI is terrible and I'm fed up with it because they don't follow orders and die as a result but dayz makes it worth the money by adding a whole new experience, but I don't want to buy it again. On the other hand why would they let us keep playing for free? How does it benifit them and how will they recoup the money they have spent so far?

i do not get your point sir. You are experiencing a mod. At the moment the dayz team is working on both games, the mod and the stand alone product. You will be able to play the mod for free even the stand alone dayz will come out. So you don´t have to bother about that, but if you want to play the SA Dayz you will have to pay money for it. I don´t think it would have been to hard to figure that out.

good night.

Rudson.

I'm pretty sure they will continue the support for the mod but the main thing about releasing a stand alone is way more features can be added. Also because it will be using the ARMA 3 Engine AI will be a lot better and well it will just generally be 110% better. Thats why they are releasing a stand alone

Edited by CRUSADER_111

Besides the mod will be used as a playground for ideas. They'll see how it works here and if satisfied implement it in the standalone. But if you are really having fun with the mod you should switch to the standalone it will be far better once it reaches gold. At least I hope so.

And you'll be supporting rocket with buying the standalone. He earns nothing from the Arma II sales but the stand alone will make him rich. And imo he deserves it.

The mod will always be around, maybe one day only private hives will be up, but the dayz mod will stick around. If your ok with the bugs and frequent hackers no reason to switch. The stand alone will eventually have fewer bugs and many fewer hackers.

I could not imagine the dev crew still supporting this version of the mod..it would be like working on your horse carriage when you just parked a shiny new big block Camaro in your garage.

I would really dislike if there is still a lot of resources going into this mod after the standalone is released. I mean a bit of work is allright, but everything that will be done on the mod could've been used to further improve the standalone.

Mod will become more open, community can continue a lot of the mods development and standalone will take ideas/maps from that.

i do not get your point sir. You are experiencing a mod. At the moment the dayz team is working on both games, the mod and the stand alone product. You will be able to play the mod for free even the stand alone dayz will come out. So you don´t have to bother about that, but if you want to play the SA Dayz you will have to pay money for it. I don´t think it would have been to hard to figure that out.

good night.

Rudson.

Cool, thanks D-bag.

Any way, so they will be dropping support for this current version and focus only on the stand alone then? I guess we are just testers then for the final product it seems.

Cool, thanks D-bag.

Any way, so they will be dropping support for this current version and focus only on the stand alone then? I guess we are just testers then for the final product it seems.

Your welcome R-tard.

I guess we are just testers then for the final product it seems.

Doesn't ANYBODY know what alpha and beta means!? Yes, we ARE testers, that's the whole point of releasing alpha and beta versions of games, to TEST it!

Cool, thanks D-bag.

You where always a tester for the final product. The mod is in alpha, then it will enter beta then maybe be done. Mods either continue to have work done on them or they don't. They are not "profesional" games one has to pay for, they are modifications of preexsisting games. Games like Counter Strike and Team Fortress where once mods that eventually went standalone, yet both the mods still have communities to this day (as far as I am aware) even if they are nolonger being developed by the original devs.

I see no reason why Rocket should keep working on this mod once the standalone game comes out, but who knows he might do. Just remember you paid for ARMA 2 not Dayz, just like you would have had to buy Half Life 1 to play Counter Strike or War Craft 3 to play DOTA.

I AM ENTITLED TO SOMETHING FREE!! ! !.... oh wait... no im not!

We are testing dayz now, ofc the focus will slowly shift towards the stand alone version. And we need to pay for it.

Doesn't ANYBODY know what alpha and beta means!? Yes, we ARE testers, that's the whole point of releasing alpha and beta versions of games, to TEST it!

sadly... No there are many many people playing dayz without the knowlage that they are testers. And these people will come to the forum at some point making some confused topic which nobody needs and nobody would have to answer if they simply would have used the search button.

Support and upgrades might continue for a while, but eventually the mod will be dropped, which makes perfect sense.

My understanding is that the version of Day Z running on Arma 2 will be where all the patches and such will be tested, could be wrong though.

Mod will become more open, community can continue a lot of the mods development and standalone will take ideas/maps from that.

Your avatar makes me trust you way too much.

I'm pretty sure they will continue the support for the mod but the main thing about releasing a stand alone is way more features can be added. Also because it will be using the ARMA 3 Engine AI will be a lot better and well it will just generally be 110% better. Thats why they are releasing a stand alone

Stand alone=updates and support; more bang for your buck. to the OP, you need to realize you bought a copy of arma 2 so you could play an alpha mod, not a fully developed game. If you want the stand alone version you'll have to buy it like everyone else. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in it tho, stand alone client will be awhile until its finished. for now clear your mind and enjoy this mod

Such a stupid question.. Why would you support something that supplied for free when your supporting something that your getting money for. Read that Reddit post above and you'll see that the mod will become a testing group for ideas for the Standalone... (to be fair not much different from now)

Such a stupid question.. Why would you support something that supplied for free when your supporting something that your getting money for. Read that Reddit post above and you'll see that the mod will become a testing group for ideas for the Standalone... (to be fair not much different from now)

Because rocket isn't a d-bag.

However, that doesn't mean he will focus on the mod after the standalone. I hope he directs all or most of his attention to the standalone.

You are making it seem like he is a slave to money. From what I have read, he would rather see this game/mod die.

Edited by nano27