louie9

Is it worth buying Arma 2 Combined Operations now?

Should I buy Arma 2 Combined Operations now, if the standalone version is being developed, or should I wait? How long will it be until I can purchase the standalone version?

Thanks.

Feel free to correct me but im not sure that there is a confirmed date for the standalone release theoretically could be weeks or months till a release

So really it depends on how much you want to play DayZ or if you think you can wait. :P

Edited by Sharpboy21

Buy it and actually play ArmA 2. You can play the mod now, and just get standalone later. It helps BI and Rocket.

Plus, ArmA 2 is a awesomely fun game.

• Like 1

honestly? no

-stand alone announced and coming out

-exploits and hacking

-battleye incompetence, you can get randomly banned and SOL on your $30

-bad community because everyone learned their lesson on trust and being friendly in this game

when you come to the forum to complain the said above you get

"its an alpha"

"use the search feature"

"another one of these thousands of duplicate thread"

kind of thing

Edited by BaitedHook
  • Like 3

Don't buy it just for DayZ when a standalone version is coming, plus WarZ is coming as well which will be way better.

cause arma 2 is horrible, the engine is crap.

Depends.

Is $30 a lot for you to play a game for at LEAST a month?

I've bought games for $60 that I barely played a week.

Edit: missed the warz troll post above.

Edited by Swineflew
  • Like 3

If your only going to buy arma 2 combined operations for dayz then you have to ask yourself if you personally think DayZ is worth 30 dollars in its current state. If your buying arma 2 because you plan on playing arma 2 and the rest of its mods including dayz then i would say go ahead.

Don't buy it just for DayZ when a standalone version is coming, plus WarZ is coming as well which will be way better.

cause arma 2 is horrible, the engine is crap.

So from that I guess you're 11?

So you say WarZ will be way better than DayZ, that means you have already seen gameplay or played the game, could you show me some gameplays of it?Oh yeah thats right there a few screenshots, screenshots already tell you how a game is going to be?

Dont say a game IS horrible because it takes alot of time and money to create such a game like arma 2, its like someone just says "cod is shit" but dont even give reason why it is that, just dont be a 11 year old kid and atleast say in "my opinion this is bad about the game...", and the engine isnt crap, its perfect at what it does, thats why rocket used it, and besides, if you sa arma is horrible, the engine is crap, why are you even on the forum?

• Like 2

I agree with Sharpboy21. It depends on how much you want it. And don't compare a game like DayZ to a game like CoD. They're completely different. The only thing I see with WarZ is that its much more polished. the website looks pretty compared to the DayZ website. I personally like DayZ for its hardcore feeling. WarZ seems too much like an MMO. Its so neat and well organized and guided, that it may not feel so immersive (Spelling?). DayZ is much more like a survival horror game, its so closely simulated to an actual zombie apocalypse, (ArmA II was meant as a simulator, not a game) that your so emotionally involved in the game. Which was Dean Hall's main intent with DayZ, Thats why I love this game. :) Correct me if I'm wrong on any this, but don't get angry or hostile.

• Like 3

i bought arma 2 CO just for dayz mod and so far it was worth it.

i say go for it the standalone is said to comeout late 2012 early 2013 (mabye, it does not have a confirmed release date yet, as far as i know)

I agree with Sharpboy21. It depends on how much you want it. And don't compare a game like DayZ to a game like CoD. They're completely different. The only thing I see with WarZ is that its much more polished. the website looks pretty compared to the DayZ website. I personally like DayZ for its hardcore feeling. WarZ seems too much like an MMO. Its so neat and well organized and guided, that it may not feel so immersive (Spelling?). DayZ is much more like a survival horror game, its so closely simulated to an actual zombie apocalypse, (ArmA II was meant as a simulator, not a game) that your so emotionally involved in the game. Which was Dean Hall's main intent with DayZ, Thats why I love this game. :) Correct me if I'm wrong on any this, but don't get angry or hostile.

Im not playing a game for their pretty website and promised features. Warz has no gameplay available. and promises to be out in a few months.

The only thing I see with WarZ is that its much more polished..

If you consider a few pretty screenshots to be polished then whatever. In general, polished refers to how well a game plays and feels, how much effort has been put into making everything perfect. In the case of WarZ there is no game play to judge. Until we can see some actual gameplay and some people have had "hands on", polished is just a pipedream.

• Like 2

If all you want to do is play DayZ, no. Otherwise, hell yes.

Remember that you are buying a game to play a mod. Don't forget that there is the base game. Although Arma 3 is coming up, Arma 2 CO is definitely worth four times the amount that it sells for. It has nigh infinite playing hours due to all of the mods, missions, addons, and the ingame editor (somehow these mainstream games sell for $60 and contain much less content than Arma 2).

• Like 1

not worth spending money for arma2 just to play dayz... dayz is in a horrible horrible state... bugs over bugs ( ok its an alpha.. so nevermind ) but currently hackers are ruining your game on a daily basis on EVERY server. theres NO cheat protection. also the arma2 engine is terrible.. i got an insane fast computer, and even on the LOWEST settings, the fps drop to 5-10 sometimes especially in citys... relogging/restarting helps, but fps drop soon again after some minutes. so all in all... better wait for the stand alone

also the arma2 engine is terrible.. i got an insane fast computer, and even on the LOWEST settings, the fps drop to 5-10 sometimes especially in citys... relogging/restarting helps, but fps drop soon again after some minutes. so all in all... better wait for the stand alone

Dude, I had a shit computer running vanilla Arma 2, no OA, and still got 20 FPS on normal, with AA and postprocess effects. I'm sorry, but you don't have an insanely fast computer.

• Like 1

currently hackers are ruining your game on a daily basis on EVERY server. theres NO cheat protection. . . .

How many people have been affected by the hacking? and when's the most likely time for Dayz standalone to come out?

How many people have been affected by the hacking? and when's the most likely time for Dayz standalone to come out?

Id be surprised if there is anyone who hasn't experienced hackers in this game. I experience them every day I play the game. The game is completely broken because of it. If you play the game there will be points were you consider quitting because of how rampant the hackers are and how much they ruin your game and progress in it.

Edited by sostronk

I play on EU or RU servers only and I have NEVER encountered a hacker.

Maybe they are more active on US servers (I don't even try to join them, because ping is too high)

I play on EU or RU servers only and I have NEVER encountered a hacker.

Maybe they are more active on US servers (I don't even try to join them, because ping is too high)

They are most active on AU/NZ servers from my experience. I actually go to US servers and ride the 400 ping train to try to get a decent game going.

400 ping :o

How it is even possible to play? :D

I never join servers that have more than 60-70 ping (15-30 are very common too).

And most servers I play on just kick people with ping larger than ~150 or so.